RealGM
The Celtics have agreed to terms on a contract with free-agent center Jermaine O'Neal, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

The terms of the deal have not yet been reported.

JR 7/08/2010 01:08:00 PM Edit

1. RoswellSounds says:

WoW, it was faster than I expected. Starting to sound good in my head!

2. Hmmm, not sure about this one. I guess it can't hurt. He used to be really good.

3. Uh Oh..

Herald: "According to sources, O’Neal will sign a two-year contract with the club for the mid-level exception. He will be paid $5.765 million for the upcoming season."

4. shelbyl says:

That means a Sheed trade or some more minimum contracts.

Good bye Rasheed- Jermaine, get ready to feel the wrath from the fans. Maybe not though because you're not as ostentatious.

Maybe he can train with Grover for the summer or the Celtics can trade their conditioning staff (this means you Bryan Doo) for Phoenix's lol.

I suppose his corpse is more serviceable than the corpses of Miller and Shaq. Maybe Miller can sign for the LLE.

7. Three Toe says:

Sigh, this is going to suck. At least he's not Shaq.

jermaine will be fine, he is actually a really nice guy, maybe a little cocky but not half as bad as 'sheed was

We need to go get Shaq now.....I do not want to see Jermaine Oneal starting....would much rather see diesel in green he would b a GREAT fit. Jermaine ok but would be a good fit coming off bench if he can handle doing that....

This is a very good signing for the Celtics. We have our starting 5 sealed. Danny is working fast and well.

Jermaine will be our second youngest starter. ;) Not a bad deal for two years.

12. So no Barbosa or Rudy, huh??

David Lee can play center and can move up and down the court when rondo breaks out we should sign him

14. ThomasJ says:

I'm OK with this but just to be safe 'd like to institute a new league policy of one O'Neal per team.

15. Three Toe says:

hahaha, ThomasJ. good call. I'm just disappointed cause I wanted Lee, and I hate Jermaine O'neal.

16. Lee's gonna go to the Warriors. Bet he's psyched after all that losing in New York.. oh wait

17. ThomasJ says:

I'm no Jermaine fan, but he is the human eraser on D compared to Lee.

Lee is active on the boards and good offensively, but would offer nothing to fill the defensive void left by Perk injury.

18. Well, he was playing for D'Antoni.. who probably doesn't even know what defense means

19. ThomasJ says:

True about the D'Antoni system. But watching him play matador consistently...habits and intincts are hard to change. I guess KG would get in his face and he would start working or cry.

20. Hahah. KG would make a great coach.