ESPN is running a cool discussion on who would make up the Celtics Team of All Time, as well as the Lakers version. Go here to make your Celtics picks. I also must add the ESPN photo up top is pretty awesome... well at least half of it is.

JR 6/08/2010 05:41:00 AM Edit

The pic is awesome except for a certain bean.
    Also, you can see why C's fans are so much better in remembering the greats when in Lakers team they have Gasol and Bryant.

2. Karl says:

I was surprised at the PG picks for the Celtics. 70% to Cousy. I picked Dennis Johnson for that one. Also had Bird, Havlicek, Russell, and Kevin McHale.
    Also, that's hilarious that someone voted for Toine,haha.

I picked Rondo, Allen, Bird, Garnett and Russell. Next time I will vote for Rondo, Havlicek, Bird, McHale, Russell ;)

4. Three Toe says:

I will eventually register and pick Russell, McHale, Bird, Hondo and Cousy.

I picked that 5 myself Three Toe. Thought about Tommy for the PF position, but picked McHale in the end. I didn't consider KG, b/c he's only played 3 seasons as a Celtic. if his whole career was here he'd be the obvious choice.

That makes 3 of us, I picked the same. Why the hell was Antoine listed as a small forward...

7. Three Toe says:

I think McHale is the best PF in the post ever.

I also think 'toine was the best Celtic named Antoine Walker ever.

LOL 3 Toe

Actually JR, I think I might agree with 3 Toe- even if KG plays his entire career with Boston I'm not sure I take him over McHale. It's close...

9. Three Toe says:

After that I'm going a little rogue:

Parish, Garnett, Pierce, Maravich (he had half a season as a Celtic, look it up hahaha... though I would have to pick Sharman instead, since Pistol Pete isnt on the list) and Rondo.

10. DJISINTHEHALL says:

I just realized. Paul Peirce is a hell of a player, but you think because he Plays Birds position that he just won't get the total respect he deserves? Rondo to me, is clearly the Best Celtic Point guard. Rondo if he continues his trend will become a ledgendary player in the history of basketball. Pretty sure there hasn't been a 6'1 170 lb point guard that gets it done like he does. Points, REBOUNDS, steals, assists, clutch shooting and on and on.
    I was to young to appreciate larry Bird (8-16) but I sure as hell appreiciate everything Rondo can do.