A few weeks back, not sure who the national announcer was, but someone tried to claim that LeBron James was easily the best passing non point guard ever. This collection of Bird passes might dispute that claim.

JR 5/20/2010 12:47:00 AM Edit

1. Karl says:

Bird is definitely the best passing forward of all time. Hands down. Great video.

Larry Bird is the greatest player in NBA history in my opinion.

3. Bailey says:

Awesome mix. I llove watching Bird and the rest of the Celtics legends on ESPN Classic and stuff like that as I never got to see them live.

4. Karl says:

JVG said this by the way. I wonder what'd he say now that all the analyts have jumped on the Celtics bandwagon.

JVG? And there I was, assuming that a mistake like that could only be made by someone completely new to the game of basketball.
    Then again, it's not that surprising it was him.

6. DJISINTHEHALL says:

The big difference is Bird Won.

What made Birds supporting cast so great, was winning championships. Birds leadership and will to win. You are just an average player and forgettable until you win championship. To me, Paul Peirce doesn't enter the conversation on top 5 Celtics till he wins another one. Its just the way it is in Boston

7. ThomasJ says:

I remember JVG making that comment and Bird immediately came to mind. Watching the video reminds you that while LBJ is a very good passer, Larry was on a whole diffent level with vision, awareness and anticipation that can't ever be topped.

Yeah I thought it was JVG, b/c he's been making a ton of dumb statements lately, but didn't want to just assume (You know what they say about assumptions right?) Thanks guys for confirming it was that annoying man.

9. Patti says:

#33 GOD. Thanks for the great video, brought tears to my eyes remembering all those awesome games...especially the Detroit steal and pass to DJ. :o)

10. ISU Grade 1974 says:

And you think he was good in the pros? I saw him three years at Indiana State. His passing as a collegiate player was tops too! Unbelievable, as Jack Buck might say! I was lucky to see him play at ISU ... it was like a comet coming through Terre Haute ... once every 85 years! Thanks, Larry!