Personally I'd prefer if Powe was making his season debut for the Celtics tonight, but it was very important for Danny not to waste a roster spot on a guy who actually puts forth effort rebounding and you know sacrifices his free agent year for the team in the playoffs by playing with a bum knee. And it's not like we ended up with a couple open roster spots or anything? Hopefully the Celtics give Leon a nice video tribute tonight. I'd suggest using Karate Kid music.

JR 2/25/2010 08:31:00 AM Edit

O-ver-rat-ed, clap,clap,clap-clap-clap!

Is that chant for 'Sheed or Shelden "Len Bias" Williams TB?

No it's for 6'6 centers who have 1 amazing game in the Finals and then Celtics fans think he was the second coming of Paul Silas and how Boston would be so much better this season if they had him :)

Oh I thought it was for 6'11" centers who shoot bricks from the 3-point line and don't rebound half as well as 6'6" centers, but get paid 7 times as much, and are asses.

Leon Powe was a good role player, so was Posey. Not sure why you heart Posey so much, but dislike Leon. Poew gave his all out there and Boston fans appreciate that.

If the Flakers need a basket, I'll put my money on Sheed getting the defensive stop on Gasol or Bynum rather than Powe. No contest.

Powe's a good player and I enjoyed him on the Celtics- but he's nowhere's near as valuable as Rasheed.

I hope for what 'Sheed is getting paid and with all his deficiencies and baggage he can at least put forth the effort defensively on Gasol and Bynum. He has to be able to do something well right? 'Sheed is a center (who thinks he's a 2 guard). Powe is a power forward who could have been had for peanuts. it's not a case of if Danny had signed Powe then there would be no room for Leon. Doc wanted Powe back. Powe wanted desperately to stay, but in the end it's Danny's call. Just like he picked Giddens over Chalmers and POB over Birdman the previous Summer, Danny chose to go with Williams, Walker, Giddens, Hudson, and Scal to fill out the final roster spots and passed on Powe. Another poor decision by the overrated GM.

Powe has a skill set that we are lacking right now. He's no Tyrus Thomas (20 points last night), but its a pity he's on the Cavs.

I agree that'd it be nice to throw Leon into the mix and see if anything changed. But he hasn't played a game yet this year. It's about March. I can't blame Danny for not wanting to sit around and wait for a guy to be ready until March.

That's what 15th roster spots are for.

No 15th roster spots are for Lester Hudsons lol

I have to say I agree with tb about the fact Powe not playing a single game this year. He might turn out "Glen Davis", if you catch my drift. On the other hand, JR is right about him not being able to do more damage than C's 6'11" center-OREB contestant, with huge sallary savings.

12. Karl says:

Game 2 NBA Finals! Enough said. Rasheed hasn't done anything for us except shoot us out of games. Until he wins us a playoff game I'll take Leon.

I think Leon was a very good player for the C's, just as Posey, House and PJ Brown. However, it's useless to look in the past and start with the "what ifs". This is the team we have now, and we have to deal with the results of our decisions. We have Sheed, Shelden and Davis for the role of Powe so we are well set.

Personally I wish the best for House, Powe and Posey but it is time to move on.

Go C's!

14. Karl says:

The thing is Powe maximized his potential and didn't hurt the team. Is Rasheed a better player? Of course he is, but he's also lazy, a hot head, and tries about 40% of the time. I don't respect players like that.

I agree Bohememian. We have to roll with what we have now and hope for the best. I don't know if we'll ever capture the magic of that 2008 team but frankly one year of that was worth it.

This video seriously brings a tear to my eye. If he was coming back tonite for the Celtics, the outlook would be MUCH brighter this season...DAMN YOU AINGE!