I was flooded with emotions for this one:
- First off thanks Paul Pierce for showing up. Without him, the C's get smoked in this one.
- KG, Ray Allen and Wallace all looked awful offensively. I'm still holding out hope this is just a slump and has nothing to do with age.
- Not too upset with the minutes of the bench in this one since they didn't play as well as they have in some other games. Still Marquis only 15 minutes in an overtime game?
- Nate Robinson and Al Harrington are such arrogant players. For two guys who haven't done a whole lot in their NBA careers they sure are obnoxious. And did everyone see Nate Robinson yesterday against the Nets? What a clown.
- I had the game on MSG so I had Mike Breen and Walt Frazier. Frazier made the observation that Rondo is shooting his foul shots with the ball on the palm of his hand. They even did a close-up of Rajon's hands during the shot and he seemed to have a point. Obviously as a basketball player I always knew to shoot the ball with your fingertips- the ball should never be on the palm of the hand when shooting.
- I'm not one to usually complain about the refereeing since I feel the calls even themselves out but this one seemed horrendously officiated. The Curry and Wallace fouling was crazy. Wallace got the short end of that, getting called for the foul and a technical even though his jersey was visibly grabbed by Curry. The trip of Wilson Chandler at the end by Garnett, which Clyde Frazier vehemently proclaimed was intentional, should not have been made up on the very next call with an offensive foul on Ray Allen. Just brutal.
- The last shot of the 4th quarter with Rondo just dribbling the ball and not even getting the shot off in time (they showed the replay, it was after the buzzer) was really pathetic. It reminded me of one of those games vs the Hawks in Atlanta in the first round in 2008. How is that even a play? Why is the ball even in Rondo's hands at that point?
- I'm surpised D'Antoni didn't resort to hack-a-Rondo at times. I was also surprised he kept Nate Robinson on the bench in favor of Chris Duhon, considering how hot Robinson was.
- With all that said, the last KG basket was terrific. First off I'm thrilled with the fact that Doc inserted Wallace and House- it's a great move just because no matter how much Rondo and Perkins have improved neither of them are shooters (see end of the 4th quarter). I love buzzer beaters on the road that silence fans. The ones that happen against the Knicks are always special for me. Kevin's "sayonara" after the made basket to Spike Lee was perfect too- not too over-the-top, a nice celebration for a regular season game that shouldn't have been that tough.