This was more than I did in 3 months last season
Outside of the 3rd quarter tonight vs the Warriors the C's still didn't look right. Fortunately Rajon Rondo decided to play like he is now payed to play, and pretty much wreaked havoc on Golden State. My observations:
- Mikki Moore started for Golden State and had a dunk (pictured above) where he yelled afterwards. It was fairly entertaining for someone who was given a spot in the Celtics rotation and was so awful the Celtics would go to Bill Walker up front in crunch time scenarios last year. Moore is the epitome of a bum- his time with the C's was pathetic. I remember some people on some other Celtics website calling him "KG Lite." I think "Lite" would've worked better.
- As per the title, Stephen (how is that pronounced Stef-fan and not Steven is beyond me) Curry looks like he's in 4th grade- no joke. Is he really listed at 6'3? He looked about eye to eye with Eddie House. He'll be a nice 3rd guard for a team someday but not sure if a serious contender can get away with him as a starter.
- The Celts looked like crap in the first half. There was no ball movement, no passion- nothing. They probably would've gotten smoked by the corpses of the 1951 Minneapolis Lakers.
- I would've left the second unit in for longer in the 2nd quarter. I feel Doc pulled them, especially Marquis too soon. It's not like the first unit was playing well.
- I like Daniels a lot and I give him a lot of credit for playing very well in the spotted minutes he's been given. Listen we'd be killing the guy if he wasn't solid. So kudos to Marquis for being a good sport- and don't worry, your time will come when someone's injured and we need big minutes and production from you.
- Rasheed's act is beginning to get old. Yes Rasheed, I know the "Ball Don't Lie" when you got all ball on Randolph and he missed the first foul shot. How about getting inside and getting an offensive rebound? And I realize you hit a couple of 3's but seriously, it should be the exception, not the norm.
- Rondo finally made a free throw- he was challenging the NBA record for 13 consecutive misses. He even hit a 3 later.
I gotta be honest: I'm scared about this game Friday vs Orlando. I was actually even more scared about the game coming up Sunday vs the Knicks but fortunately they won tonight, beating the Pacers on the road.
If the Celtics play against the Magic like they played tonight, expect a 20 point loss. As much as I'd like to think they're out of this funk, they're not. tb727 11/18/2009 10:22:00 PM Tweet