1/29/2016 09:39:00 AM
As the Celtics were preparing for tonight's game with the Magic, there were 12 other teams in action last night. Here are 12 things you should know:
2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Nets (12-34) were idle last night. The Celtics own the Nets unconditional first-round draft pick. Brooklyn has the third-worst record in the NBA, which gives them a 46.9% chance of landing in the top three and 15.6% chance of receiving the number one pick. As of today, the bottom of the league standings are as follows:
5. Suns 14-33
4. Timberwolves 14-33
3. Nets 12-34
2. Lakers 9-39
1. 76ers 7-40
2. The Celtics (26-21) were idle last night. They are currently projected to receive the 21st pick in the NBA draft. As of this morning, their complete list of picks include 3, 18, 21, 31, 35, 48, 49 and 57.
3. The Mavericks (26-22) were idle last night. Dallas will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 8-30. If Dallas' pick falls between 1-7, the conditional 2016 pick will become a 2017 first-round pick with the same conditions. This pick would be conveyed if the season ended today as they would be projected to receive the 18th pick in the draft.
ATLANTIC DIVISION WATCH
4. Raptors beat the Knicks 103-93.
Atlantic Division Standings as of 1/29
New York 22-26
EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS WATCH
5. Winners: Pacers, Raptors and Bulls
6. Losers: Hawks
7. Notable Change: The Bulls moved into the third seed with their win over the Lakers and the Hawks loss to the Pacers. The Celtics are now a game back of Chicago (3rd seed) and a half-game back of Atlanta (4th seed).
Eastern Conference Standings as of 1/29
1. Cavaliers 32-12
2. Raptors 30-15
3. Bulls 26-19
4. Hawks 27-21
5. Celtics 26-21
6. Pistons 25-21
7. Heat 25-21
8. Pacers 24-22
8. Rajon Rondo played 38 minutes in the Kings loss to the Pelicans last night. Rondo shot 7 of 10 from the field and finished with 17 points, 15 assists and 6 rebounds.
9. Tony Allen started and played 28 minutes in the Grizzlies win over the Bucks last night. He shot 5 of 9 from the field and finished with 13 points and 7 rebounds.
10. Jeff Green played 32 minutes off the bench in the Grizzlies win, shot 9 of 15 from the field and finished with 21 points and 5 rebounds.
UPDATED MOCK DRAFTS
11. NBADraftNet updated their mock draft yesterday. They have the Celtics drafting the following players in the first round: Jaylen Brown (California), Wade Baldwin (Vanderbilt) and Melo Trimble (Maryland).
12. Draft Express updated their mock draft on Tuesday. They have the Celtics drafting the following players in the first round: Dragen Bender (International), Damian Jones (Vanderbilt) and Cheick Diallo (Kansas).
WHAT'S ON TONIGHT?
Magic @ Celtics
Cavaliers @ Pistons
Suns @ Knicks
Heat @ Bucks
Nets @ Mavericks
Lakers @ Clippers
1/29/2016 09:39:00 AM