1/21/2016 11:22:00 AM
In addition to the Celtics and Raptors, there were 20 NBA teams in action last night. Here are 11 things you should know:
2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Nets (11-32) lost to the Cavaliers at home last night. They have the third-worst record in the NBA and remain 2.5 games ahead of the Lakers, who have the second. The Celtics own the Nets unconditional first-round draft pick. As of today, the bottom of the league standings are as follows:
6. Pelicans 14-27
5. Suns 13-30
4. Timberwolves 13-31
3. Nets 11-32
2. Lakers 9-35
1. 76ers 6-38
2. The Celtics (22-21) lost another tough road game, this time to the Raptors. With the loss, Boston owns the 17th pick in the NBA draft. Their projected list of picks include 3, 17, 22, 31, 34, 48, 51 and 57.
3. The Mavericks (25-19) needed overtime to beat the Timberwolves last night. With the win, they took back the fifth seed in the West. They are a half-game ahead of the Grizzlies, who own the sixth seed. Dallas will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 8-30. If Dallas' pick falls between 1-7, the conditional 2016 pick will become a 2017 first-round pick with the same conditions. This pick would be conveyed if the season ended today as they would be projected to receive the 22nd pick in the draft.
ATLANTIC DIVISION WATCH
4. Raptors beat the Celtics 115-109.
5. Nets lost to the Cavaliers 91-78.
6. 76ers beat the Magic 96-87.
7. Knicks beat the Jazz in OT 118-11.
Atlantic Division Standings as of 1/21
New York 22-22
EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS WATCH
8. Winners: Cavaliers, Knicks, Raptors, Pistons and Hawks
9. Losers: Celtics, Bulls, Heat and Magic.
Eastern Conference Standings as of 1/21
1. Cavaliers 29-11
2. Raptors 27-15
3. Hawks 26-17
4. Bulls 24-17
5. Pacers 23-19
6. Pistons 23-19
7. Heat 23-20
8. Celtics 22-21
9. Knicks 22-22
10. Rajon Rondo played 34 minutes in the Kings win over the Lakers last night. He went 5-10 from the field and finished with 11 points, 17 assists and 5 rebounds. Sacramento was plus-32 with him on the floor.
11. Brandon Bass played 30 minutes in the Lakers loss to the Kings. He went 7-12 from the field and finished with 18 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 assists.
WHAT'S ON TONIGHT?
Clippers @ Cavaliers
Pistons @ Pelicans
Hawks @ Kings
Follow Max Sandgrund on Twitter @SotoSpeakz
1/21/2016 11:22:00 AM