12/04/2015 09:17:00 AM
While the Celtics continued their trend of winning games by double-digits against the Kings last night, 10 other teams took the floor. Here are things you should know:
2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Nets were idle and are currently 5-13, which is the fourth worst record in the NBA. The 76ers, Lakers and Pelicans have the three worst. The Celtics own the Nets 2016 first-round draft pick.
2. The Timberwolves were idle and are currently 8-10, which is good for sole possession of the eighth seed in the Western Conference. However, the Suns and Rockets are only a half-game back. Minnesota will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 13-30. If Minnesota's pick falls between 1-12, they will instead convey their second-round picks in 2016 and 2017. Thus, this pick would be conveyed if the season were to end today.
3. The Mavericks were idle and are currently 11-8, which has them tied with the Grizzlies and Thunder for the third seed in the Western Conference. Dallas will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 8-30. If Dallas' pick falls between 1-7, the conditional 2016 pick will become a 2017 first-round pick with the same conditions. Thus, this pick would be conveyed if the season were to end today.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS WATCH
4. The Knicks defeated the 76ers on Wednesday. Both teams were idle last night.
5. The Raptors beat the Hawks on Wednesday, but lost to the Nuggets last night.
6. The Celtics took care of the Kings last night.
Atlantic Division as of 12/4
New York 9-10
FORMER CELTIC WATCH
7. Rajon Rondo and his 'Comeback Player of the Year' candidacy continues to fade as he completely fell apart last night in what was his first game against his former team in a Kings uniform. He played 24 minutes before being ejected in the third quarter, and finished with 5 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals and 4 turnovers.
8. Jeff Green started and played 27 minutes in the Grizzlies loss to the Spurs last night. He finished with 10 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists. Tony Allen started as well, but played only 17 minutes and finished with 0 points and 2 rebounds.
COUNTDOWN TO CELTICS ENDING WARRIORS WIN STREAK ON 12/11/15
9. The Warriors beat the Hornets on Wednesday behind 40 points from Steph Curry. With the win, they moved to 20-0 on the season and brought the countdown to three. Here are the three teams standing in the way of them receiving their first loss on December 11th:
Saturday @ Raptors
Sunday @ Nets
Tuesday @ Pacers
WHAT'S ON TAP TONIGHT?
Nets @ Knicks
Rockets @ Mavericks
Follow Max Sandgrund on Twitter @SotoSpeakz
12/04/2015 09:17:00 AM