2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. Wow. This is officially interesting. Minnesota has talent with Andrew Wiggins and Karl-Anthony Towns, and veteran championship leadership with Kevin Garnett and Tayshaun Prince. Although they blew a 34-point lead in the proces, the Timberwolves held on in Atlanta last night to beat the Hawks, who were 7-1 going into the game.
Minnesota is now 4-2, which is good for the number four seed in the Western Conference. They now have back-to-back road wins over the Bulls and Hawks - impressive. The Celtics will receive the Timberwolves 2016 first-round draft pick as long as it falls outside picks 1 through 12.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS WATCH
2. The 76ers lost at home last night to the Bulls. Philadelphia is now 0-7.
FORMER CELTIC WATCH
3. Paul Pierce and the Clippers defeated Tony Allen, Jeff Green and the Grizzlies last night 94-92. Pierce had 0 points (0-5 FG) in 25 minutes. Green played 17 minutes and finished with 5 points (2-7 FG) and 3 rebounds. Allen scored 6 points (3-6 FG) over 26 minutes, and also had 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal.
4. Rajon Rondo played all 48 minutes last night in the Kings loss to the Spurs 106-88. He finished with 8 points, 12 assists, 9 turnovers, 6 rebounds and 3 steals. After the game, DeMarcus Cousins made reference to internal problems on the team and mentioned the need for a players only meeting. Does that involve Rondo?
5. How many people think Karl-Anthony Towns would be this GOOD this FAST on both ends of the floor without Kevin Garnett in his ear all the time? He has led the Timberwolves to their 4-2 record and he is doing his best to provide the Celtics organization with one more gift. In last night's win over the Hawks, Garnett played 18 minutes and finished with 4 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 block.
Follow Max Sandgrund on Twitter @SotoSpeakz Max Sandgrund 11/10/2015 08:55:00 AM Tweet Edit