2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Nets lost a close game in Sacramento to the Kings 111-109. The Celtics own the Brooklyn Nets 2016 first-round draft pick.
2. Although they showed a lot of fight coming back from a 20-point deficit, the Timberwolves lost to the Pacers 107-103 in Indiana last night. Minnesota has now lost three in a row now and are 4-5 on the season. Minnesota will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 13-30. If Minnesota's pick falls between 1-12, they will instead convey their second-round picks in 2016 and 2017.
3. The Mavericks defeated the Lakers at home 90-82 and are now 5-4 this season. Dallas will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 8-30. If Dallas' pick falls between 1-7, the conditional 2016 pick will become a 2017 first-round pick with the same conditions.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS WATCH
4. The Knicks lost another tough one to Lebron and the Cavaliers at home last night. Give Phil Jackson credit, he has built a locker room and roster capable of competing every night, which has been the case in almost all of their first 10 games.
5. The Raptors beat the Pelicans at home 100-81.
6. The 76ers lost in Oklahoma City to the Thunder 102-85. They play the Spurs in San Antonio tonight, which means they are about to move to 0-10. I have no doubt this will be the last year the 76ers owners allow Sam Hinkie to function the team at such an embarrassing level.
7. The Nets lost to the Kings 111-109.
8. The Celtics beat the Hawks 106-93.
Atlantic Division as of 11/14
New York 4-6
FORMER CELTIC WATCH
6. Rajon Rondo notched his third triple-double in four games last night against the Nets. He finished with 23 points, 14 assists and 10 rebounds.
7. Kevin Garnett played 15 minutes in last night's loss to the Pacers. He had 2 points and 2 rebounds, and the Timberwolves were minus-14 with him on the floor.
8. Jeff Green helped the Grizzlies defeat the Blazers at home by one last night, but Tony Allen did not, at least on the offensive end of the floor that is. Green went 4-10 from the field, 6-6 from the free throw line and finished with 14 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals. Allen had 0 points and 7 rebounds after going 0-6 from the field and 0-2 from the free throw line.
WHAT'S ON TAP TODAY?
Pistons at Clippers 3:30 EST;
Mavericks at Rockets 8:00 EST;
76ers at Spurs 8:30 EST;
Nets at Warriors 10:30 EST.
Follow Max Sandgrund on Twitter @SotoSpeakz Max Sandgrund 11/14/2015 10:05:00 AM Tweet Edit