Thursday, February 7, 2013
Drinking the tears of Lakers fans - Green Envy: What Lakers fans said - 2/7
As you can probably imagine, it hasn't been the best of seasons for our good friends in LA. Tonight's 116-95 loss to the Celtics dropped the Purple and Gold to 23-27 this season, and time is running out for them to make a run at the playoffs out West. Shockingly, the fans in Los Angeles have not been all that patient with the club. I know, I know - you're shocked that those fans who have stuck with the Lake Show through thick and thin could be so impatient. Anyway, without further adieu, here are the best (worst?) that Lakers fans had to offer tonight. Drink their tears.
AWESOME EXCHANGE TO START THINGS UP
Guy 1: Is Pau playing?
Guy 2: No you idiot (Editor’s note: solid start to the night for Lakers fans)
BASIC LAKER SADNESS
- Lakers better wake up & win this game, because they're not going to win in Miami or Charlotte.. (Editor’s note: Yes, fear the Bobcats)
- OMG,just make the playoffs so we can rub it in Chuck's damn face.
- Brick ass artest
- Trade Ron plz
- I respect all Ron's done for us but guy is done starting.
- Bring back Bernie (Bickerstaff)
- GTFO PRINGLES
- Maybe we shoulda kept Barnes and dumped artest.
- Lol the effort in some of these games is truly laughable.
- Watching Steve Blake play basketball should be used as a type of torture during interrogations.
- It's sad how much better Boston looks considering they played last night and the Lakers didn't.
- This is exactly why Mitch Kupchak is not as great as everyone here makes him out to be...terrible bottom half of the roster thanks to toxic contracts.
- Is it me or is Dwight's entire body language just negative.
- I'm telling you, they need to get rid of Dwight. Guy is a coach killer (not that I care about this coach), a cancer, and more than that, not a winner. Get some young talent, and a bunch of it for him.
- How do the Lakers not show up for this game? It's the fucking Boston Celtics! Nuff' said. Unacceptable. I'm completely disappointed and ashamed. Could be the most disappointing effort of the whole season considering the opponent.
- This is completely unacceptable. Something needs to be done NOW!!! I know it's just one game, but it's the Boston Celtics, we're the Lakers, how the fuck do you allow this?
- "Howard stripped." It's like our catchphrase!
- I hope the laker management are happy. eff you.
- I think I just threw up a little. This brings back memories of that game 6. (Editor’s note: Me too!)
THIS MADE ME LOL
- Second time Wilcox has missed on an easy lob.
Tomorrow: Lakers trade for Wilcox.
REF STUFF (Note: Not much ref/Celtics hating - most of it went to the Lakers themselves)
- Howard going strong but refs not calling shit. 2 fuck ups in a row by them
- First play I see of the game is the referees fucking up a play. Good lord.
HATING THE C’S
- KG dirty S.O.B.
- Wow garnet (Editor's note: 'Garnet'? Really. Do better) is trying to hurt dwight. He keeps pulling on his arm
- Celtics playing super dirty
- Bumcox (Editor’s note: Possibly the worst nickname ever)
STEVE KERR ANGER
- Steve Kerr is almost as annoying as Jeff Van Gundy. What a piece of a shit that has nothing but negative comments about our team. Please shut him up Lakers make some damn free throws.
- I hate having to watch games on TNT. All they do is talk about how much the lakers suck and then do those gay ass camera angles where you cant see shit.
- Steve Kerr shit talking Jerry West....what the fuck is with him today
- Oh Kerr, stop sucking Celtics's dick.
GUY WHO HATES HIS FELLOW FANS
- our fanbase sucks more than our team. reading half of your posts, and i can honestly say, all of you are failures in crisis management. you all panic, whine, and cry so much. stop being such babies, grow some balls, and stop jumping to so many conclusions
GUY WHO SUMS IT ALL UP WELL
- Not even beer helps right now
SADDEST FAN OF ALL
- This team is pathetic. Everyone outside of Kobe is just pathetic to watch. Shell of themselves. Disgusting. I am ready to forget about this season, this roster, this coach, and for a while, the Lakers. Not dedicating my money and time to this bullshit anymore.
AWESOME EXCHANGE TO WRAP THINGS UP
Guy 1: Ughh feels like we’re down 30
Guy 2: That’s because we are. Even the fans suck tonight.
Follow Mike on twitter - Mike_Dyer13