We're talking Celtic's centers right here. Glen Davis and Leon Powe are forwards so they don't count. I've also cut this list down to include only players whose 1st starts were as rookies, the only exception being Kendrick Perkins who only played 36 minutes as an actual rookie. The list goes all the way from Stiemsma against the Wizards to Brad Lohaus against the Trail Blazers in 1988.

2012- Greg Stiemsma: 21 Minutes, 13 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, 5-7 FG, 3-4 FT, 3 PF. WIN vs. Wizards

2011- Semih Erden: 17 Minutes, 8 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 2-2 FG, 4-6 FT, 4 PF. WIN at 76ers

2005- Kendrick Perkins: 8 Minutes, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 0 blocks, 1-2 FG, 0-0 FT, 5 PF. WIN at Wizards

2001- Mark Blount: 18 Minutes, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1-2 FG, 0-0 FT, 2 PF. LOSS vs. Knicks

1997- Steve Hamer: 31 Minutes, 9 points, 4 rebounds, 0 blocks, 3-3 FG, 3-3 FT, 2 PF. LOSS. vs. Clippers

1994- Eric Montross: 26 Minutes, 12 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks, 5-10 FG, 2-2 FT, 5 PF. WIN at Timberwolves

1994- Dino Radja: 16 Minutes, 10 points, 5 rebounds, 0 blocks, 5-9 FG, 0-0 FT, 4 PF. LOSS at 76ers

1988- Brad Lohaus: 27 minutes, 12 points, 4 rebounds, 1 block, 6-12 FG, 0-0 FT, 4 PF. WIN vs. Trail Blazers

If i was picking from my heart I'd put Dino Radja at the top, but since i'm working with my brain I'll go with either Eric Montross or Greg Stiemsma. Both had similar games statistically but Montross did it alongside Dee Brown and a 35 year old Dominique Wilkins in the shadow of Reggie Lewis' tragic death. Stiemsma did it alongside 4 All-Stars on a team that is probably top 6 in the league.

By choice for most impressive goes to Eric Montross, but Stiemsma definitely deserves some attention because of his "diamond in the ruff" factor.

Jesse Dampolo 1/02/2012 11:39:00 PM Edit

1. DH says:

Is it hard to dig up which opposing teams each player made his debut against? Obviously the difficulty of opponent also plays somewhat of a role in the success of the rookie starter. Just curious if it's not too hard to add.

Tanguay made up some lie that Stiemsma left college early, so I did some research on him. Was surprised to read that he was already 26. I like what I've seen so far, but that dick Felger made a decent point that people are way overblowing his performances.

TB is going to love that list btw Jesse. Especially Steve Hamer. Javale McGhee was a beast tonight which makes Stiemsma's performance a little less impressive.

STIEM ROLLER!

5. Greg ostertag says:

U guys overblow perks performaces...why not his, is it cause hes white?

6. Postman says:

Jr ur like the nba network guys corny as fuck and act like ur "hip hop" dishing out stupid nick names

7. His blonde hair reminds me of Dennis Rodman for some reason

Yeah what "hip hop" nickname did I "dish out" cool guy? Get off my nuts Postman. Your commenting on me on posts I don't even write now. Send me an email with your address and I'll send you an autograph, but serious you're embarrassing yourself. Stop obsessing over me. Every time you post here under your name or another you simply are supporting the site. If you don't like me or the site, you could just disappear. But you're obsessed with us. Again get off my nuts Postman. Did someone you were obsessed with previously act "hi hop" and "dish out" that name for you?

steimsma had the best performance ,he had more points montross in less minutes & he took less shots GREG STEIMSMA IS THE MAN !!!

10. iamsaws says:

I think the real subject is that we have a bench. Felger is blowhard, his opinion doens't count

Man, I defend Bostonians all the time but Greg Ostertag's comment is assinine. It's the stupid shit that makes Boston still get labeled racist. No one is dogging Stiemsma by not anointing him the next Robert Parish. Are you jocking Stiemsma's harder b/c he's white? Seriously, you really feel the need to bring up race? Absolutely assinine. Some of these non logged in people are such fucking window lickers. It's probably the same frickin person.

JR,
    Greg Ostertag is the Postman. Don't feed the troll. He's just some fat fucker from Lowell who hates his life. DO NOT FEED THE TROLL.

13. Marcos says:

I really like what the Steamer has done far. I hope he keeps it up. Banner 18!!!

14. Postman says:

Trolling!!!...sorry but ur reactions are just too funny , this will be my last post

Postman out
    P.s those poems do suck tho

Tanguay is an idiot. Felger is also an idiot but the luck may have been just tired enough to sit on him. Because Stiemsma is 26 that means he's just about reaching his potential, he may get a little better but not much. It's amazing that he was able to do that in his first start but it's only amazing because of that "diamond in the rough" factor.
    I wouldn't get my hopes much higher on the guy, especially since Danny is going to trade him for Dallas's second round pick in 2258 draft.

What a terrific list! Steve Hamer is the man. I think Lohaus was more of a forward than a center

No link to Montross and Radja TB? You're slipping. Yeah Lohaus wasn't a center. Good catch. He was barely a PF for us. At least on the Celtics I know he never played center. Not sure what became of him in like Milwaukee. Him and Brad Sellers should of had a reality show.

"Especially since Danny is going to trade him for Dallas's second round pick in 2258 draft." Jenda you may win the most improved comedian award. That was perfect.

Credit to Jesse for putting in the time to make this list and add the stats. Good stuff.

19. Renaldo's Walkman says:

Lohaus was a huge PUSSY!

20. celtics big 3 says:

felger thinks ray allen is out of shape so he can get bent. stick to hockey

21. Hooshang says:

Please keep your comments clean.  You don't have to use dirty words if you don't like someone else's comments.  Regardless, Steamer is a great player and he has an excellent future ahead of him.  He should stay as a starter at the center.