The Celtics have apparently decided that Glen Davis’ future is better elsewhere.

According to a league source, the Cs are in discussions with Orlando to send Big Baby, in a sign-and-trade deal, to Orlando for power forward Brandon Bass - a player Magic management had been very high on at one stage.

In addition, the Celtics are pursuing Chris Wilcox, a journeyman big man who played with Detroit last season. The team is also finalizing a trade for Bucks guard Keyon Dooling and a second round draft pick. The Cs will only trade the rights to Albert Morales - a player they have held the rights to for the last five years.

Negotiations have been completed to sign Marquis Daniels, Michael Sweetney has been invited back for hsi second straight camp, and the Celtics will also introduce Jamal Sampson, a player who starred in the NBDL last year.
Boston Herald

News is just coming non-stop!  We already have so many posts, that my heartfelt article about Rajon Rondo is now not on the main page anymore.  Don't worry you can view it here.

I see the logic behind pursuing Brandon Bass who is a stronger body and will help the big guys get some rest.  I just think Glen Davis has more potential.  Maybe the Magic are afraid of more game winning shots from this charismatic player.

Update 2:08pm via A. Sherrod Blakely
BBD to Orlando for Brandon Bass is "a done deal" now.

Update(2x) 0:00pm (didn't know the exact time!) urgh via SB Nation :
Glen Davis' new contract with the Orlando Magic is worth $26 million over four seasons, according to Yahoo! Marc Spears. The Magic acquired Davis in a sign-and-trade deal with the Boston Celtics by shipping out power forward Brandon Bass, who was due $8 million over the next two seasons.

Jacob Noble 12/09/2011 02:07:00 PM Edit

1. There's this tidbit too: https://twitter.com/#!/AlexKennedyNBA/status/145192545276788736

Apparently Big Baby was one of the free agents Dwight Howard told Otis Smith to go after.

I like Bass, it would be nice to get him

3. We'd still be getting a small (height wise) big man.
    Baby is better offensively than Bass, but Bass is better defensively (except in taking charges). I woudlnt mind this trade, but i think the C's shouuld look into a taller big man - we will definitely need it when facing the Lakers, Bulls, whatever team Dwight Howard is on, and other teams with towers on their front court.

Bass goes to the hoop and plays inside while Baby believes he can shoot jumpers all game on. I really like this trade

5. shelbyl says:

Bass is a role player, Baby is confused and spoilt. Just for that reason I'd say do this trade.

Bass gives us defense, Green gives us offense (hopefully)

If we get a seven-footer (Semiiiiiih!) and a decent Pg (not Kooling) our bench is going to be strong again.

6. shelbyl says:

Scratch that.

Bass is not te defensive player I thought he was apparently. But still, he is like Davis, but cheaper and mentally sounder.

Are we getting Evans? No, right?

7. Shelbyl - I am hearing we are looking at Reggie Evans, no word on contract offer. Most likely will get Quisy back, whenever they announce that deal.

i like Bass over Baby.... Bring his asss on over.. bye Glen you were great but we cant have another playoff meltdown... we need players focused on their roles

9. Jay says:

I like this move, Baby wore his welcome out with me..Bass is a good player, funny how they were teammates in College at LSU

this site is terrible...

great move! Brandon Bass is a SOLID role player n will fit right in with this team! Excited about this one more than ur average fan prob bc I always though Bass was a solid solid player. As far as his D...idk but he'll learn...anyways idc if we make a big trade doesnt look like we will now but u never know what Ainge is gonna do but there is one glaring need on this team a CENTER hmmm seems 2 me some1 traded that last year

you're terrible, anonymous.

Interesting that Bass has player option for 4million for the 2012/2013 season. Is Danny giving up on Dwight Howard as a max free agent already?

14. CelticsAvenger says:

Brandon Bass is great offensively, a 1000 times stronger than Baby could be, his defense ain't great but KG and Doc can work with him on that one, this is a great trade and one that guarantees great bench production from the C's

I think Baby is the better player than Bass, but Doc and Danny got tired of Baby's schtick. With Bass you'll get more consistency and less drama. Plus he's signed for 2 years, which is less than Baby wanted. It's a nice safe move.

I've been a Baby fan, but even i was getting tired of him. One of his reps sent me some dumb lockout video of Davis hamming it up for the camera, but I didn't even post it. Davis needs to concentrate on basketball more and be a personality less.

16. You should add that Glen Davis has signed for 4 years/ 26 million with Orlando.

Bass will cost 4 Mil this year with a player option at the same amount

Not CP3, who cares, meaningless

I just read rumours that OKC plans to amnesty Nate Robinson...??? anyone can look into that?? i want that kid back in green

It seems that so far we've been able to get a lot with a little. Cs again, doing the best they can. I think the window is not closed; not just yet

20. Jay says:

I cant believe Orlando giving Davis 4 year/26 million...wayy too much...peace baby