via Kendrick Perkins twitter

And before anyone whines about why are we talking about Perkins on here,  1) He's a former Celtic and we discuss former players here and 2) He's a center and it's not like the Celtics have their own center to talk about.  When Perkins joined twitter and with his complete honesty, I knew it would only be a short period of time before he produced something great like this. I guess in Webber's defense he would have a ring if the NBA didn't snatch their title from the Kings in 2002 and give it to the Lakers.

Video of Webber's comments after the jump.

Credit Reean and DH with the find.

JR 12/29/2011 07:03:00 PM Edit

1. The Postman says:

Reason#2 hes a center and we dont have a center to talk about? You guys just try to find somethin to bring up perkins...give it a rest

The Postman loves his life less than Perk loves refs.

Luke Walton has a ring. Nuf said.

4. The Postman says:

Wow even trying to diss me you bring up perk....suck the mans dick already

The post man still uses the word diss. Perk thinks this is funny.

I can understand C-Webb's point. Perk's primary role is defensive anchor, the "director" of team defense. Yes, he can play one-on-one defense, but that's not his primary role, since, after all, how many centers in today's league really need to be guarded?

What did Webber say that would upset Perkins? It seems like a harmless opinion.

Oh I see Webber's point. He's paid to give his opinion. I just think Perk's tweet was hilarious. And I believe if some former player had criticized Webber back when he was playing he would have responded similarly. In fact Webber went off when Kahn compared Darko's passing skills to him.

9. PJ Brown averaged 20 minutes per game in the NBA Finals. Perk averaged 18 and missed a game because of suspension.

Chris Webber would have a ring too if he played backup minutes for the 07/08 Celtics.

10. Its a Perkins thing ;) says:

Perk for president!!!
    Bring back Perk!!!

Question for Jesse (and I'm not trying to be a dick, so please don't take it this way).

Did you dislike Perkins this much before Danny traded him away? And did you like Jeff Green this much before Danny traded for him?

I get the desire to be hopeful on Green. We all want him to do well. If you're a Celtic fan you always want your guys to do well. Diminishing Perk is not necessary. He was a key part to the Celtics 17th championship, as were many players beyond the Big 3. If I recall correctly the game he missed the Celtics lost. (In fact the Celtics are 0-3 against the Lakers in games he missed).

Then the following year after KG went down, Perk averaged 12 points and 12 rebounds, which only 3 Celtics had done in history.

In 2010, the Celtics lost the game he got the quick double T and was thrown out against Orlando. And then in the Finals they once again fell apart after his injury, lost that game 6 and then got killed on the boards and lost game 7 without him.

The next year they lost to the Heat in 5 games with Perk no longer in the middle.

Perk might not always have the stats, but no need to marginalize him. You ask the Big 4 or Doc how important Perk was to the Celtics and you would never hear them saying 'yeah we could have won in 2008 without him' or l'osing him in 2010 didn't hurt us' or 'we were fine with Shaq and JO at center against the Heat, so we didn't miss Perk.'

I think the need to marginalize Perkins in order to support Ainge is unfair to a player who was a major key to a Celtics era.

Perk was not mad just making fun on twitter he is not that soft trust me worst has been said about him on ESPN and for all the ppl bashing him that is what is wrong with Celtic Nation fans not enough support and too many bandwagoners.

chris webber would school perkpussy any day in the court please and to say its about a ring that means robert horry is better than mj cause he has 7... please STFU perkpussy

14. JR perks #1 says:

Let the whole perkins thing go...this is a CELTICS fan site not kendrick perkins fan site. That was almost 4 years ago and its over become a thunder fan if ur that obessed with him and just please stop whining about ppl not "respecting" perk who gives a fuck

15. I really love Perk! The guy always says what he feels.

Stop using my name dumbcass. Stick to one name for all your idiotic comments preferably on another blog where people want to hear your drivel. Better yet create your own blog and let me know the link, so I can visit it and read your nonsense there.

Perkins perkins perkins perkins perkins perkins perkins perkins

18. Perk isn't bad, but he's not the reason the player everyone has turned him into. The Celtics haven't won since '08 because KG isn't the player he was before the knee injury. I truly beleive that his contribution was good but not the deciding factor between winning and losing.

Perk played good defense on Dwight Howard 1 on 1 but it was Kevin Garnetts ability to cover perimeter players that won that series.

I actually own a Kendrick Perkins Celtics jersey, good ROLE player... not an unstoppable defensive center.

As for the 2010 NBA Finals, Kevin Garnett only had 3 rebounds in game 7, he was thoroughly outplayed by Pau Gasol and THAT is why they lost the game. Perk could have helped but it was Rasheed's offense that helped Boston get the initial lead in that game.

19. And i have always been a big fan of Jeff Green, thought he was being wasted in OKC.

20. postman says:

Twas 4 days after christmas and there was one big duesch bag on this site
    There is ass he is kissin and perkins is the only one in his life
    Not only is he kissing his ass but he makes sure it is not tight
    So go young lad do work , suck his shlong but make sure you do not bite!

Reading his comments, me thinks dick comes out of The Post Man's mouth a wee too much. We get it. Live your life.

22. BockNowz says:

hillarious because if u say the word penis u must like it right hahahaha

or if u say "danny should sign eddie house, nate robinson, marcus cousin (whoever he is) and trade JO, Avery, rooks, Sasha, and draft pick for budinger, terrance williams, and thabeet" 1 billion times, I'm SURE it will happen.

24. BockNowz says:

this jr guy is a character

25. DH says:

Jr you do need to lay off the whole perkins thing, it is getting kind of creepy

And you need to lay off the whole using someone else's name thing.

27. ben says:

Don't hate on PERK.

The comment he made was hilarious.

Earlier tonight I decided I'm getting an OKC Perkins jersey. This justifies it.

If Perk wasn't injured in the '10 Finals they would have 18 banners.

28. I m very upset with the new members in this site,JR is the leader of this thing and if you dont like it why go here then?And since when did we talk about perk so much?its only one article I think for like 3 weeks.I got an idea,if you dont like something......dont click it and read?

29. shelbyl says:

What happened to "Once a Celtic, always a Celtic?" You can post about any former Celtic and I wouldn't mind. Hey, you can post about anything funny and I wouldn't mind.

And that was funny.

People are still bitter. Perk was a huge part of the team, same as he is now a huge part of Thunder. Even though Jesse has some point JR is right. And shelbyl is totally right about the fact that if there was an article about Kevin McHale, nobody would be so cross.
    As for the Cweb Perk discussion, I'd like to see their staring contest, Cweb had a solid scowl as well...

lol on the staring contest Jenda.

32. taino1751 says:

I'd like to say to Perkins to get used to criticism 'cause he'll be criticize more often than not,second of all a ring doesn't mean anything without the knowledge, Chris been there and done that, you should be glad he's giving you some constructive criticism, remember you can only get better with it. Good Luck!!!!!

33. DH says:

I see I have an impersonator!

Weber was a star in his own right. Perkins is a role player at best. Weber like Barkley is paid to give his opinion. If Weber wasn't telling the truth Perkins wouldn't be mad. Has anyone said hey lets build a team around Perkins?

you all are stupid fuckers. you are fighting over a man you never see.

he did his time in boston. with out him they wouldnt have won the dam title. real talk. he was the man still is the man. k.g. is washed , paul p. sucks dick. i no that bum personally. ray allen bad feet. sorry but perkins was the man. see with out him celtics arent going no where. trust an believe it. see what happens this year. go perkins and your new team.

OK WHATS THE HARM IN THAT COMMENT HE TOLD THE TRUTH... THIS IS NOT BOSTON K.P DOES NOT HAVE ALL THAT OTHER TALENT AROUND HIM SO IF HE DOES NOT STEP UP HE IS GOING TO BE EXPOSED.. AND REALLY WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO IF C WEBB DOESNT KEEP HIS NAME OUT HIS MOUTH I TELL YOU... NOTHING!!!! ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE RINGS HE NEEDS TO THANK KG.. PAUL P AND RAY RAY AND RONDO !!!

THE TRUTH HURTS AS WE SEE....HE IS A SOLID PLAYER BUT THATS ALL...PERK SUCK IT UP THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH NO MATTER WHO SAYS IT!!!

39. Great comments! I really hope the Postman comments on my Karl on the Kayak blog tomorrow.