RealGM
While Chris Paul's first choice may be the Knicks, sources say he is also open to being traded to the Magic and Clippers.
My guess is this has more to do with who he would be playing with then Chris Paul saying he doesn't like Boston. If he went to the Clippers he'd team with Blake Griffin and if he went to the Magic he'd be with Dwight Howard. The fear for Paul on the Celtics is that after this season, it might be just him on the C's with no other all-star. He's done that for years in New Orleans and is over that. You're not winning a title with Chris Paul and Jeff Green as your two best players.

The Clippers could propose a decent package to the Hornets around Eric Gordon, while I'm not sure what the Magic could offer. There team is loaded with garbage (hence the reason their star wants out). Then again the NBA owns the Hornets, so if they want to avoid Howard on the Lakers and Paul on the Knicks and the NBA becoming a 3 team league, they could streamline a Paul to the Magic for Jameer Nelson and J.J. Redick trade, no matter how bad a return it would be for the Hornets.

Right now my prediction is that Chris Paul is traded to the Clippers before the deadline and Howard unfortunately is traded to the Lakers for a package starting with Andrew Bynum.

JR 12/03/2011 11:43:00 PM Edit

I totally agree with your prediction JR, but how about our beloved celtics?
    I start to be worried...

Well before Danny started dicking Rondo around, trading his best friend and trying to trade him, I would have said this team was very possible for 2012/2013.

Rondo
    OJ Mayo
    Pierce
    Josh Smith
    Kendrick Perkins

Maybe ray and KG resigned to small contracts as well.

Now I don't know if Josh Smith still wants to come here (He was pissed at the Rondo rumors. Said it was disrespectful to Rondo) and obviously we have no center, so right now it's going top be harder. Iguodala and Monta Ellis are two more names that could eventually be available.

I honestly dont think we'll land CP3. But if we can that would be pretty awesome. We need to sign another star if possible to entice CP3 to sign with us, so he doesnt end up feeling like he has at New Orleans.

4. Jay says:

I pray that Paul or Howard or both are traded before the season...I do not want to hear all this shit everyday throughout the season, soo annoying

Who cares for cp3. Was never excited bout this rumor to begin with.

6. Green_Guy says:

I think Paul doesn't want to be in the same position with Boston as he currently is with the Hornets. After the Celtics 2012 season is over it's likely KG and Ray, and probably Paul will retire. Likely case, Danny Ainge will try to get younger.

I like the Celts a lot, if I'm Chris Paul I would not go to a team that has aging superstars likely to retire after this season. Jeff Green and a CP3 combo will not attract star free agents.

7. Gigi says:

RT Who cares for cp3. Was never excited bout this rumor to begin with.