Shaq was on the Toucher & Rich show on 98.5 The Sports Hub this morning and was asked to give his perspective on what he thinks Danny Ainge will do with his roster. He had some strong opinions when the topic of the Rondo trade rumors came up.

CBSBostonSports.com
“Everyone is tradeable, you could probably get a lot for Rajon Rondo but he is the heart and soul of the team,” retired star Shaquille O’Neal told 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Toucher and Rich. “I don’t think that would be a good idea. If I was the general manager, I wouldn’t do it.”

While Paul is a much better pure scorer than Rondo, averaging 15.9 points per game in 2011 and 18.7 for his six-year career, Shaq says he is not the true point guard that Rondo is.

“Chris Paul is not better than Rajon Rondo… Rajon Rondo is the true definition of a point guard, period,” said O’Neal. “He gets everybody involved and he scores when he has to. Chris Paul scores a lot of points, but when was the last time they made it to the playoffs? Thank you very much.”

The Hornets actually made the playoffs last year and put up a good fight against the Lakers (mainly due to Chris Paul) before bowing out in the first round. Shaq will join Charles Barkley as a Basketball Analyst on TNT this season.

List to the full interview below and share your thoughts in the comments

Also, catch up on all of the Rondo trade rumors after the jump:

Why the Chris Paul deal should happen
Pacers want Rondo
Ainge Tried to Trade Rondo and Green to OKC for Westbrook and Perkins After Last Season's Playoffs
Danny Ainge Working Hard to Land Chris Paul
Celtics and Lakers to Battle it out for Chris Paul/Dwight Howard Combo
Danny Ainge open to trading Rondo
Green Target: Chris Paul

Mike Saver 11/30/2011 09:42:00 AM Edit

1. When is the last time Chris Paul had 3 Hall of Famers on his team? Shaq is an idiot. Chris Paul does a lot more than score. I'd love having Rondo or Paul as my PG.

2. Ya the only thing that concerns me about Paul is his knees. The only gripe I have with Rondo is that he can disappear in the 4th Quarter because he can't make free throws. That's really hurt the team in several key spots.

Well, Shaq met them both on the floor and he's probably right. He just isn't credible anymore, after all the crap he has said before.

And Chris Paul isn't 9 mil a yr better than Rondo. Shaq is a blowhard and an idiot, but he played with Rondo and Rondo even made that old fat carcis ( however u spell it) look good, so I take his word on this. Rondo is a POINT GUARD. Ray doesn't have the 3 point king crown without Rondo. C's don't make the 2010 Finals without Rondo.

5. Felicia Quesadilla says:

JR, if Rondo gets traded will you change your name to CP?

Rondo runs a team better than CP3.

@Felicia I will change my name to Danny Ainge Sucks Balls.

I'm very worried Danny is going to trade Rondo and not end up with either CP3 or Howard.

Maybe he'll get Pinckney and Kleine.

Ps Rondo is a much better player than Ainge ever was.

8. CRYSTAL says:

Can we trade Ainge please! Randi is a true point he knows his team and every spot to give them the ball at to make the TEAM better not himself better but if he had to he would.Ainge is just making moves because he can, with no reason behind it...I don't know about anybody else, but as a True Celtic Fan I Don't want to hear from him I F***ed up again come out of his mouth, He's not Red and if he was alive he would burn him with that cigar!

9. CRYSTAL says:

Typo... I so ment Rondo

Lol Crystal. Red would hav totally burned Danny with a cigar after blowing last season with the Perk trade. Red was the type of GM that got starting centers for tweener forwards. Not the others way around.

Don't worry about the typo. You should see what my iPhone tries to spit out. True story; I went to type Jeter last week and it changed it to homosexual.

There is not a doubt in my mind that Rondo is better. CP3 may score better but look at his assists. What are they? Like 6? Where as rondo is up at 11. When you play with hall of famers you PASS. That's how you win. Not to mention (which none of you notice) rondo is a MUCH better defender then Paul ever will be. Has Paul ever defended lebron and Been successful? Uh no. Not to mention rondo has an amazing athletic frame to CP3 already having some knee issues. If you want a team that can win now and in the future, Rajon Rondo is the C's future.

13. BEN says:

I MUST SAY CHRIS PAUL IS A GREAT AS POINT GUARD BUT I JUST THINK RONDO KNOWS THE TEAM BETTER...AND THEY STILL COULD BE GREAT WITH CP3 BUT ITS GO TAKE TIME I THINK..RONDO RUNS THE TEAM..IF ANYTHING KEEP RONDO AND JUST TRY TO GET PERKINS BACK..HONESTLY I THINK THE TEAM WOULD BE GREAT THIS YEAR!!!

14. I just laughed so hard at the Jeter Homosexual thing JR.

Chris Paul= Great basketball player period. but Shaq could not be more right! Rondo is better! Rondo CANNN score at will but why would such a good passer score when he has Pierce Garnett Allen and Green on their team? Seriously.

i dont think they should start messing up the team let them play with rondo celtics is a part of him ..just saying

17. Chris Paul isn't better than Rondo just like I didn't have a better career than Shaq

18. coco says:

while I agree with Shaq on not trading Rondo, I still think he should shut up.

btw what an awesome selection of a picture. Shaq looks 11 feet tall in it lol.

20. Liam says:

tbh ive never seen CP3 play that much so i can't really make a decision but would he fit in with our system?

lol Coco. My thoughts exactly.

22. QD says:

Why does everyone one hate the Big /Author/Actor/Bball/Statue/Police Officer/Commentator/Etc so much now....btw the Jeter, homosexual statement, I think I snorted while laughing.

@Liam, yes he'd fit perfectly. It's actually absurd how good he would fit.

24. ibleedgreen says:

You want to win? Don't trade Rondo for anybody...........period, except D.Rose, which would never happen

25. LMFAO at that line... "Whens the last time they made the playoffs?" Shaq will join the turner sports team next year as an analyst