Skip to 2:33 to see some actual basketball stuff. Read on after the jump.

One of the reasons Danny Ainge said he traded Perkins was that he didn't think Perk was fully himself, and that he wouldn't be for another year. Obviously, coming off of knee surgery, this is true. However, many athletes have claimed that after fully recovering form this type of surgery they will feel better than they ever have before. That's the case with the New England Patriots' Wes Welker, who underwent the same surgery and whom Perk looked up to for his speedy recovery. Welker had a down year the season after his surgery but this season is on a record breaking pace as an NFL receiver and has told reporters he feels better than he has ever felt.

Perkins is not likely to break any records in the NBA this season (if there is one), but clearly he looks pretty good in the video above.

Credit to the Daily Thunder blog for the video, who say the following about it:

Perk talked about losing some 30 pounds after the season ended and admitted he was only around 60 percent when he was in Oklahoma City. I’ve tried to pass along that the Perk Thunder fans saw wasn’t what a healthy Perk looks like. He was recovering from a fairly devastating knee injury and finally looks to be getting his legs back under him.

I mean, he could barely dunk last season. And in that video, he throws down with ease.

Perkins is scheduled to return to the Garden to face his former team on Monday, January 16th.

Mike Saver 11/02/2011 12:00:00 PM Edit

1. wordaaaaaappp says:

perkins is a mothafuckin champion. Beat ass perk lets go son

Oh, I am so shocked! I thought Perk was done!! (sarcasm,of course).

Now seriously, what the heck was Ainge thinking when he did the trade??? Perk is and always will be a beast.We missed him and we will continue to miss him in the next months

I have just one word. Fuck.

Shit...here come the thunder.

Good luck to the Thunder Perk looks dedicated!

anyone else noticed the beard Perk is sporting is identical to the style KG used to maintain back in 'Sota. Couldn't find it but KG looked like an Egyptian or something, maybe someone else remembers. Anyway, first the number 5, now the facial hair...

7. Waleed5050 (Rondo in shout box) says:

Oh, Jenda ... That is a crazy conspiracy you got going there, I can't say I don't like it though. The second (KG) coming, lmao. Yeah, Thunder are the new Western Conference champs, only if they know how to integrate and utilize big men in there system. Thats one thing that angered me last season. Though I cried over Perk leaving Boston, I knew wherever he went, the spotlight would fade. OKC is a great team, but there inside game, let's just say isn't that great. Why, because they don't use there big men, they don't get them involved. The celtics was a perfect fit for Perk, Rondo knew exactly what to do with the ball in his hands. There is no need for him to score, but he could if he really wanted to (another thing that bothers me, people thinking Rondo can't score or shoot for shit). Westbrook is a Shooting Guard, not a PG. KD is a Forward that has an amazing talent when it comes to scoring. OKC's inside presence WOULD be scary if they knew what to do with them. Instead they wanna go for the jumpers. It will be just A SHAME if I see next season (whenever that might be, 2017 perhaps?) they don't use Perk and Ibaka. Two mean and aggressive competitors hungry to win, but there team doesn't realize. Perk might look intimidating and mean, but with his teammates, he is too humble to actually demand the ball from the guys who have already been there. Then again, he never had to demand the ball in Boston neither... GOOD JOB DANNY AINGE!!! "I thought hurricane season was ovuh (over)"

Hahaha, nah, I meant he sort of pays homage to his mentor! Not that he's the second KG. Cool story though.

9. I love Perk. I miss Perk. I'd love to give Danny a swift kick for trading Perk. Perk is a beast. Seeing this video makes me very happy for Perk and the Thunder and very sad for me and for the Celtics.

10. Danny Strange says:

Thanks Danny Strange, for trading away the starting center of a title team. A team that would've won 2 titles in 3 years had Perk not gotten injured for Game 7.

11. glitterchick says:

Much love to the big man. You are missed. One of the biggest bonehead trades of all-time. Danny refuses to admit he screwed up. Who do you think you're fooling? Seriously??