Lowell Sun

Officers called a flagrant foul on a 31-year-old Haverhill man who police say took a swing at Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo early yesterday during an appearance at a downtown dance hall.

Officer Michael Kandrotas noticed a scuffle, and learned that someone "took a fighting stance and threw a punch" at the Celtics all-star and his entourage, which included fellow NBA players Josh Smith of the Atlanta Hawks,former Celtic Nate Robinson and Rudy Gay of the Memphis Grizzlies.

Police and Kevin Hayhurst, co-owner of Brian's Ivy Hall, said members of Rondo's entourage wrestled Valarezo to the ground.

Hayhurst was unsure what prompted the scuffle. But he said Rondo was "unpersonable" and "disrespectful toward patrons."

It was definitely provoked," Valarezo said, when contacted by phone last night. "I wasn't even intoxicated or anything like that."

A police report makes no mention of alcohol or intoxication.

Valarezo said he reacted after he was pushed, and didn't realize until later on who the other person involved was. He is not an NBA fan.

After the jump we have video of Valarezo finding out the man he swung at was Celtics star Rajon Rondo.

JR 11/20/2011 01:31:00 PM Edit

1. kunzang says:

Oh my Rondo, i love you but stop being a punk ass outside the court!!!

i hope u are fine though and let the guy go without charge!!

not entirely his fault!!!

2. I just wanted to get in a fight with Rondo so that my crappy nightclub could get some exposure.

3. Norman D says:

This is just bullshit. It's not happening to Chris Paul. Please Danny trade this guy and get Paul before his stock goes down anymore.

All I know is nobody better not touch Rondo lol and he is friendly to the respectful fans not the ones climbing all over him and being douche bags smh Sound like this spot was thirsty for attention anyways..NEXT

5. kunzang says:

OMG Norman is still alive????
    shove CP3 up ur ass....(i like CP3 but when ppl talk shit like that, i could care less)

This story is nothing more than an attempt to grab some press. There are two sides to every story. We've only heard the nightclub owners take on it. I somehow doubt Rondo would involve himself in this drama. Kevin Hayhurst sounds like he has a big chip on his shoulder and since he was the one who started the altercation I'd say he's the problem not Rondo.

Correction "Valarezo" started the altercation but my comment on Hayhurst stands. He didn't sound too personable himself.

8. alscorcho says:

Anon - "nobody better not touch Rondo"

so...we should all be touching Rondo?

shut the fuck up with that shit. Trade rondo. Rondo got drafted here. He's pure Celtics history. Paul hasnt one a championship. Shut the fuck up quick. Rondo is a way better guard than Paul.

10. QD says:

Hahahaha! I'm so mad. I was expecting a real vid.... you know what I always say "hit shappens". On to the next.

11. Need more details before I can have an opinion on this. We'd have to give up more than Rondo to get Paul.

12. Gigi says:

That's a story and vid covering the incident. Rondo's name was probably dropped to interest the press. -___-