"Anyone want my best player?"
Here we go again.

ESPN.com
While Boston is not shopping Rajon Rondo, it would be open to trading him in the right deal, sources say. The Celtics feel they need more scoring to take the load off Paul Pierce.
The Celtics "would be open to trading [Rajon Rondo] in the right deal," according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.

It's hard to say how much this means at this point. "Open to trading" doesn't necessarily mean this will happen but, after the Perk trade last year, Ainge has shown he's not afraid of mixing things up on his roster. The Celtics, as currently constructed, have one more quasi-legitimate shot at a championship. After that the roster is going to need to be rebuilt. It seems that even Rondo could be a piece dealt away in an effort to do that.

The point that they need someone to take the scoring load off of Pierce is a good one though, and was obviously one of the motivating factors in the Perk trade last year. Still, we all saw how that one worked out. Please share your thoughts below.

Could the Celtics move Rondo as a piece to land Dwight Howard and Chris Paul? Read here.

Mike Saver 11/29/2011 09:04:00 AM Edit

1. DH says:

You beat to this by 5 minutes! Was just about to post.

Chris Broussard also said that Utah was shopping big Al Jefferson. Big Al might look good back in Celtics Green!

2. hah you beat me last time. Revenge!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

4. The McRib was back says:

I was banned from the shoutbox for making a sarcastic comment.

How about getting Mike Miller for Rondo? We don't have any need for a guy in SG SF position and he sucks big time. Ainge can also throw in JaJuan Johnson, that would be sweet!

6. Felicia Quesadilla says:

Thats bogus BRO

Ainge can't afford to trade Rondo. Almost all Celtic fans associate Rondo as the future of the C's and rightfully so. It would have to be an over whelmingly good deal. For Example, Chris Paul or Dwight Howard STRAIGHT trade (which is not likely to ever happen). I mean no cash or secondary players or picks, just a straight trade. Ainge can't afford to trade his star player unless he KNOWS he is gonna get a hell of a deal. Too many fans still feel anger over the Perk trade (I personally am not against it). If Ainge were to make such a move, he is risking, I would argue, almost all of his credibility. If it went wrong, Ainge would likely lose all his support. I don't say this simply because I am a hardcore Rondo fan, cause I am, but the C's future are on this star Point Guard. I look forward to an Era of Rondo (just like I watched an Era of pierce, my all time favorite).
    Personally, I'd rather see some small moves for our C's. Nothing that huge. I could see trading Bradley or some other small player for a decent center. If Ainge dares trade rondo for the likes of Tyson chandler, winning season or not, I believe the fan base would drop immensely.

Jenda what is wrong with you? Mike miller for Rondo? Do you even know who either one of those players are?

9. The McRib was back says:

I believe it was sarcasm, Anonymous, which is a bannable offense.

We cant afford to loose Rondo!!! Noooooooopo

I may have been a little offended by your comments in which you suggested the Celtics suck, MCRIB but fear no more, in four days you are indeed going to return.

Hell to the NOOOOOOOOOO

@Jenda
    Mike Miller?? Mike Miller is a bum! Rondo is the future of the Celtic franchise. And for your JaJuan Johnson comment, I've been to quite a few Purdue games and the young man has talent. May i also add, that he would learn from the best...KG!

Please no. Please....no.

Rondo for Westbrook would be nice, but thats not happening, everything else is stupid...

16. QD says:

Reading these comments, and cracking up. McRib is back seems to be the only one that caught the sarcasm. LOL at the bannable offense. I don't even feel like addressing the trade rumors, at this point with bball, it's either gonna happen or not.

17. QD says:

... wait, I just the the line under the pic. Lol, good one Saver.

Unfortunately Danny has single handedly become the Celtics own worst enemy... He gets in the way of the teams success more then any opponent could... Not resigning Tony Allen, trading Perk, and blowing up the team at the end of last season are just a few of the recent reasons why he scares me more then anything else about the Celtics now... Granted there has been some bad lucky since they won number 17, with injuries and all, but thats just a uncontrollable reality of the game that everyone has to deal with and that at the end of the day, I can live with...

On the other hand, letting other teams take away key roll players and guys that they could've and needed to compete now while also building their team of the future around is just not acceptable!!! Danny keep talking about not letting this team "fade into the sunset" as he should since that is in fact his job!!! However, to keep trading away his best young assets that are in fact the future of the team is both contradicting and ridiculous... Bottom line is that Rondo is the Celtics future!!! He is Celtics basketball, just as much as Perk was and still is!!! Players like that embody the way we like our Celtic players to be, and for anyone to complain about Rondo is insane... He's one of the best in the league at his position and no trade is worth the loss of that kind of talent... If Danny does trade away Rondo he will have only succeeded in totally killing the chemistry and identity of the team, imagine it right now, you wouldn't even be able to recognize them anymore and it would be like watching the Patriots trade away Brady...

Bottom line is that Danny needs to fill this current roster with a supporting cast that will help this team win this year, and just leave the talks of trading any key pieces of the team away alone!!! My hope is that they get some good roll players, stay healthy, develop their new rookies (I expect big things from Jajuan, especially being able to learn from KG) and make a serious run at a title this year... After that its necessary to get Dwight Howard to Boston or teams like the Knicks, Heat, and Bulls will make it pretty much impossible to compete against in the years to come... Where as a Howard, Rondo base to move forward with is a move that will help ensure the team stays relevant and competitive as long as there are these new young super teams to compete against... And who knows, maybe with that we can get a few more seasons with KG and Ray as they finish out their careers!!!

All i can say is the without RONDO the entire team is going to be like a turtle race, he is the only fast break player on that that team not even deron williams is faster then him and is the best PG the league. Ainge if you trade RONDO you going to end up fired. What you smoking last year wasn't good enough the now you want to trade RONDO give me a break you might just might retire cause you are getting old.

20. kassie says:

Rondo was born to be a Celtic & to retire as one. Problem is so was Tony, Perk, Semih (yeah I said it), & Powe to name a few...and we all know what happened to them. Ainge doesn't care about what the Celtics Nation thinks. I'm more afraid of Ainge than the bogeyman...(good tshirt idea...)

No they need Rondo

if it isn't broke don't try to fix it! They would be so stupid to let him go!

If Rondo gets traded I shall never watch, nor root for the Celtics ever again regardless if we win 10 championships with Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. The only reason why I watch the Celtics is because of Rondo.
    Danny Ainge better not make anymore dumb ass trades just like he did with Perkins.

No RONDO = NO CELTICS

Danny Ainge you where crazy to trade Kendrick Perkins last year, you see how that ended up , He would of been a big help last year holding down those other teams in the center. Now your thinking about doing another stupid trade with Rajon Rondo you have to be crazy No one else has control of that Boston team like Rondo when his is healthy on the court he keeps them in-sink, Yes the Boston team needs another good shooter to help Paul and Ray but you don't need to get rid of Rajon..

Doc,Kevin,Paul,Ray,"Rondo",& Baby,They all should stay together you took away Kendreck and he showed-out with the Thunder proving he was healthy and if he had still been with the Celtics i feel they would of went a lot feather than they did last season !! Big mistake Danny Ainge trading Perkins ! Don't make the same one again by even thinking about trading Rajon Rondo !!!

QD, it's crazy someone would think I'd like to trade anyone on the celtics roster (with the possible exception of Carlos Arroyo and Sasha Pavlovic) for Mike Miller. I hate that garbage stuffed garbage.

27. kunzang says:

OMG...this is not the kinda of news i like to wake up to!!!
    danny ainge is digging graves for himself!!!

Boston needs Rondo as much as Rondo needs boston!!!
    (fingers crossed, legs crossed, body crossed...please this CANT happen)

28. QD says:

"Garbage stuffed garbage" hahaha!

SN: I see the only thing that brings Mrs Rondo out of the woodworks is RR trade rumors.

29. Sarah says:

they better not trade Rondo, that would be a huge mistake

NO matter hes a bum anyways!

Ainge better not make another bad decision to trade rondo he is our future for the C's I am still pissed off about perk trade I ready for a new manager other Ainge he was good for a while now he starting to hurt us

32. Reean says:

Im open to trading Rondo, I really don't mind if its worth getting Dwight Howard, then so be it Cp3 is what I want to see.

33. Reean says:

If you think perk wouldve helped us a HELL of A LOT your a BIG celtics fan, but your a basketball fan with a lower IQ at basketball then smush parker, sure he wouldve helped us win 2 games max, but we wouldn't last a chance against the other teams, perk wasn't a offensive player, but he shook up the team more than it needed to be.... And if you think Cp3 is not worth rondo your quite mistaken cp3 18.8 ppg and 7.3 assts while Rondo 10 ppg and 8.6 assts Rondo is a GREAT basketball player, but ill take Cp3 ANYDAY even D Rose John Wall and Russell Westbrook, god forbid we get Deron! Look, point is your overrating rondo, if we trade him for a good PG well benefit if its a stupid bum trade for Kris Humpris then you can complai, but if its for an amazing PG named Chris Paul, YOUR OUT OF YOUR MIND, I'd die to see Cp3 in Green anyday. END OF STORY.

34. TH says:

I just cant see Rondo on any other team other than Boston, I doubt Ainge will get a deal done with trading him. After reading Shaq's book though it is possible not matter how loyal or how much of a star you think you are to a team.

Dont let Rajon Rondo leaveBoston.. Because his their Assist Machine in the team..

fron Christian Rondo from SPS to Ainge: You will suffer if Rondo will be gone.. SHEYT