RealGM

NBA management believes negotiations with the players changed when Kevin Garnett entered the negotiating room on Oct. 4.

Sources say Garnett was 'defiant, determined and downright ornery.'

As one league official said, “We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up.”
Kevin Garnett just HATES to lose. If you want to win, you want him on your side, but if you want compromise, he's not the guy you rely on. It's noble of KG to sacrifice one of the highest salaries in the league for the sake of future NBA players, but the fan in me would have preferred if he didn't stunt progress to what was looking as a very possible deal. We'd be talking about basketball now and not this.

JR 10/17/2011 09:11:00 PM Edit

1. -_-
    I don't care who is to 'blame', why can't it just be over already. I'm ready to watch some basketball.

2. From the players perspective they should be willing to miss games in order to lock up a favorable CBA. If all these players want to start compromising and saying that they're "almost ready to give in", then those players should be kicked the hell out of the room. You can't be soft in negotiations. Players must think Javale McGee is an idiot, The smart veteran players have to agree with KG.

All these old players are smart and are trying to negotiate a good deal for these young guys... and what do they do? Make it hard on them, not show up to meetings, and just go play street ball all summer.

As a fan i like it, i want the league to start back up, i want to see exhibition games. But as a player i'd want more unity.

3. Sarah says:

I don't care whose fault it is, I just want a deal done.

4. I think its strange that the players have not come out publicly to state their side. I think that they are closer to a deal then we are being lead to believe. I read somewhere that the owners are dragging this out to avoid paying some kind of tax.

Basketball? What?
    Go NHL!

That is why people hate KG! He suxs! I hope there is no NBA this season.

KG is awesome, we ALL make bad decisions. Come on KG we want basketball, we want to watch the CELTICS rock the court. PLEEEEASE!!!!

Sorry, folks: nobody but nobody is missing the NBA except for die-hard NBA fans (and there are fewer and fewer of them every day).

9. GregKat says:

Read Bill Simmons sometime. Real easy for KG to take the high road considering he has deferred money coming and has made over 200 million in his career, KG is a turd. I'm a Pistons fan so I don't give a s**t if the season is played at all.

I hope the season gets cancelled. A pox on both their houses. If you want to watch basketball try NCAA because the NBA is an abortion when it comes to basketball.

11. larry1211 says:

I actually don't miss the NBA at all. It is only interesting in the last 2 minutes and that can take 10 minutes to play. So I guess I don't care.

12. lualways1 says:

Once you back down you have lost the entire game. Go KG, you are the man.

I don't care for basketball!! Go KG

14. stephen jeffries says:

a bunch of rich guys {owners and players} who can't come to an agreement, pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzz! I want miss the nba until the nfl season is over anyway, so b it...besides, kobe's career is at it's end anyway. lebron chokes 2much, and the young players...well...are just that...young and unproven in the high stakes games and playoffs. The product isn't that good. Come on Okla Thunder! the nba needs a good young team 2 rise up and dominate!

I am past hoping that a bunch of money hungry players have forgotten that basketball is a sport to be fair to all. The owners, players, and related businesses and fans who have been supportive deserve much more!!!!!

16. Patrick says:

The owners thought that the players would acquiesce a long time ago. They thought that they were dealing with jocks that don't have a lot of reasoning capacity. Now that they, the owners have found out differently,look for a quick resolution. Remember, who are they (players) to defy the smart rich men. The players should not be able to match us with wits. We the owners are the business men, consequently, we will dictate to the peons that they must, must, must do as we the owners say.
    Well the world has changed, and we all have the capability to reason lucidly, this realization, by the owners will see a quick end to this lockout.

who cares anymore just 8 yrs ago you could watch NBA on sundays and weekdays now you have to have a NBA package. I don't have extra money to buy a package so just read the articles and watch you tube vids until can catch a network game.

18. Three Toe says:

Im with KG, I'm too stubborn to give up. Some fans want a band-aid fix to this problem just so THEY can see basketball sooner than later. That kind of shit always bites you in the ass down the road. One side just "giving up" is almost never going to lead to future stability. plus that's a selfish attitude. Id rather wait for fairness than have basketball now and x more years of Stern dominance.

KG isn't "sacrificing" anything -- his money was largely deferred. Do some research before spouting off stupid opinions JR.

20. my thought on tis story is, who would be dumb enough to place kevin garnett on any type of negotiateing team. garnett is a very good athlete and basketball player.but from what i have seen of him and his actions on the basketball court, he quite often doesn't use good judgement. and by the way i'm on the players side.

As far as the NBA goes, I hope they stay out until they have a hard salary cap. This way the league would have more even competition. Also get rid of guaranteed contracts, use the bonus system like NFL. This way players will sty eager to compete rather than getting fat and lazy.Finally,they need to realize just like NFL, the players and owners are partners in a multi-billion dollar enterprise, so rather than being confrontational with us versus them mentality, work together! Were else can you make millions playing a game rather than working?

22. Big Ben And I do mean TIME. says:

The players are the ones who are crippled by the hard wood not the owners.
    Therefore I suggesthat the owners reflect the history of the game and how many yeasrs it has been their way or the highway.

Come on already !!!!!!!!!!!