RealGM
The owners and players met on Tuesday for several hours and came away sounding less optimistic about a deal than they did last week.

Billy Hunter said that there was no progress, with the owners declining to compromise from their position. He also said that no new meetings are scheduled.

"We've advised (players) they may have to sit out half the season before we get a deal," said Hunter.
Well earlier today I wrote that today was a pivotal day and depending on the approach that the owners took, we'd either be on our way to having a season or games would be cancelled. The owners decided after thinking it over this weekend to say, "Screw the fans, we're not budging. Either the players accept our bend over and take it offer or there will be no season." Owners are refusing to negotiate. And whatever optimism that arose last week is now gone.

JR 9/13/2011 03:18:00 PM Edit

1. Bev Tabet says:

Thanks a lot guys! I guess I'll be on a beach in the Caribbean instead of in my Section 312 season ticket seats at the TD Gahden! Bah Humbug! I stand behind the Players 100%!

2. Randi says:

This is ridiculous. I'm seriously not even going to watch the second half of the season if they pull this shit. I'm not giving them the ratings. Also, I'm not spending another penny on NBA merchandise or subscribing to NBA's channel this year because it'll be a goddamn waste of money. I bet if every fan stopped buying merchandise, they'd change their minds.

3. Patti says:

I agree Randi--this is fucking ridiculous. I am having some serious NBA withdrawal, I just want my Celtics season on already! Grrrr.

4. Rushelle says:

The NBA Owners sucks...I'm losing hope about their negotiations and even if Stern's goal is to start the season on time, it's too obvious that it will not happen.

Celticsbabe1986 said:
    ;( ... Now I truly believe tht this season is GONE WITH THE WIND;/. I guess I'll have to take my ass back 2 Italy to c some basketball- fucking shame- I just want some RONDOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks Adam Silver, for ruining the season. Don't think I don't see you in that picture with Stern!

7. Gigi says:

!@#$%* -____________-

8. YGR says:

Fans need to start rioting all around the U.S. maybe when the owners see this they'll decide to take the sticks out of their asses and be a little more flexible.