So Shaq has a book coming out in a month (Big Surpise) and he adds a new rationale for Rondo's late season slump. Shaq says it wasn't the Perk trade or injuries, but an Obama "diss" that messed with Rondo's game.
In early March some of the guys went to the museum of Fine Arts for a fund-raiser and got to hang with President Barack Obama. Everyone was a little bit in awe. The President turns to Ray, points at Rondo, and says, “Hey, Ray, why don’t you teach this kid how to shoot?” Everyone starts laughing.

KG told me he saw the look on Rondo’s face and the kid was devastated, embarrassed. Dissed by the President, even though I’m sure Obama didn’t mean any harm. Rondo smiled and went along with all of it, but KG told me he could see it in his eyes. It bothered Rondo. It killed him.

The next day Rondo shot the ball horribly. He stopped taking shots after that. He’s so sensitive. I think it was a real jolt to hear the outside perception of a basketball fan who happens to be the President of the United States. It messed with his mind. I’m sure of it.
Now Shaq sometimes gets stories mixed up. He's not the brightest one you should know by now. Recently he was talking about how Danny Ainge was a bad ass, because he once bit Tree Rollins, when in fact the reverse was the true story. So maybe he mixed it up and Rondo dissed Obama? Ha.

Do you buy Shaq's Obama excuse?

JR 8/17/2011 04:33:00 PM Edit

1. Clint says:

2. Richard Nixon says:

Informative

Thanks Obama for ruining the season.

It doesnt matter RONDO still a great basketball player he has a heart of a lion and it was deffenetly the perkins trade everybodys games went out the door you can see it on their faces. But thats the past we can get another ring and i believe so.....

6. cfam wordd says:

My b.s. alert just went off

7. QD says:

"If this story is accurate and it really did shake-up his confidence, I'm quite frightened for the future and the state of the Celts mental strength."

SERIOUSLY?

"I think the Perkins trade AND Obama's comments both greatly affected Rondo's shooting. He was doing really good at the beginning! Then in March he just... wasn't doing well. And if this is true, and it happened in March, I think it did affect his shooting. I mean, it's the president who told him that! I think hearing something like that from the president would have crushed anyone."

FOR REAL?

8. QD says:

"the kid was devastated, embarrassed. Dissed by the President... KG told me he could see it in his eyes. It bothered Rondo. It killed him."

Talk about dramatic. Lol!

I don't think it's the first time that someone told Rondo to let Ray to teach him how to shoot

10. Just one more reason for me not to like Barak Obama

A little dramatic here aren't we?

It's true he can't shoot, but he's a professional and hearing stuff like that, even if it's from the president, shouldn't affect him that much.
    There are tons of people that say negative things about him... and I bet he's heard some of the things people say.

I really doubt it's the first time someone has told Rondo he can't shoot.

When he get's shooting down.... he will be a BEAST! :D
    The future seems bright to me, Rondo is a great player and I believe can lead the team. He plays with heart and proved how serious he is about winning the championship when he played with his dislocated elbow.

Rondo!!!!!!!!!!!