ESPN Boston's Chris Forsberg spoke with Glen "Big Baby" Davis at a court makeover community project in Medford today about the uncertainty of the offseason, free agency, and his mental game.

A topic that was not included in the video dealt with Davis' communication with Doc and Danny Ainge, to which Big Baby said, "I don't try to pay attention. I know Doc talks a lot. I don’t pay attention to that. That's what he does. That's Doc, he loves to talk. Danny, he’s doing what he’s doing, concentrating on the NBA Draft. He's not concentrating [on free agency], he doesn’t need to concentrate on me right now. I don’t really stay in touch with those guys. I’ve seen Danny once, everything’s been great."

Do you think we will or will not see Big Baby in Celtics green next season? Read the full article on ESPN Boston.

Danielle Hobeika 6/20/2011 03:41:00 PM Edit

1. Avenue says:

trade his fat unproductive ass dude gave us nothing in the playoffs

People are quick to want to run Big Baby out of town. At one point people were calling for him to be the 6th Man of the Year. Then he got hurt, but came back and played (unlike Shaq) and yes he did suck. Thing is you can't solely base his value on his poor playoffs. And if you do let him walk are you willing to go into the season wth KG as your only healthy big man? JO has a bum wrist and everyone else is gone. So who's going to play all the minutes? Or is KG going to play 48 mins a night and is Jeff Green going to play the 4?

Chandler, Nene, and Jordan are all out of our price range. I'm assuming Dalembert is as well. So who exactly is going to play for us? Perk, Semih, Shaq, and Krstic are not walking through that door.

3. QD says:

If you go by BBD's tone he seems unhappy.

Anyhoo, I hope that the communication improves between the 3 of them, because there seems to be slim pickins out there for the C's. Also, if it's true what he says about DA focusing on the draft. I can understand focusing on the draft, but they still need to pay a lot of attention to the FA's(on the team) because the draft will not solve all of the C's problems.

Aaand! Couldn't said it better JR.

4. QD says:

*have said*

Yeah QD. His tone is kind of wack, but we have to have someone play down low, so if he can't get a lucrative offer elsewhere, I'd be fine with him back on the C's.

Avenue, He's a FA, so we can't really trade him at this point. Anyone who wants him can just sign him. And he's not going to demand enough that a team would have to sign and trade for him. They can just sign him outright.

6. DH says:

I love Big Baby and his personality. He played like crap in the Off Season, but he was playing really well earlier in the year and if we can get that production consistently from him, we should def keep him. But his inconsistency is really hard to deal with.

7. DH says:

I meant to say post season not off season.

8. QD says:

I agree JR, I actually like BBD. I was disappointed in his performance this post season, like everyone else, but I don't want to see the team just toss him to the side(especially when they don't have much to choose from). Though I do blame him for his conditioning(or lack there of). I also believe that it was a mental thing. I think his(uncertain)free agency coming up, and the aquisition of JG played a big part in that. But to say "hey get rid of this guy", I think is jumping the gun a bit.

I also agree with you DH, but there was a lot of inconsistancy from the team as a whole this season. I'm sure the trade played a hand in it, but the players have to take some of the blame as well.

9. QD says:

*consistency* Gotta watch out for the "Grammar/spelling Popo's".

10. I don't think his tone is that bad. He's clearly still disappointed with how he played at the end of the season, and he's publicly confirming the fact that, mentally, he wasn't where he needed to be. Not exactly an easy thing to admit to a bunch of smarmy sports reporters. That said, I really enjoy BBGD's unique personality, and when his mind and body are healthy, I think he's a tremendous role player. I may be in the minority, but I hope we find a way to bring him back, and I hope he finds a way to better himself.

How about Carl Landry in his place? He'll beast on offensive glass on the Celts

How would we get Landry?

Isn't he a free agent? He made $3 million last year. I rather pay for Landry than Davis.

14. ThomasJ says:

Agree on Landry tb. Don't know how bright baby's future is - being overweight shortens your productive career. No way I'd give him a 5 year deal. Three would be pushing it for me. I think we might have seen his best already. No way I'd give him a 5 year deal. A modest three would be it for me.

If he can handle a future of bringing hustle and energy off the bench for a reasonable price I'll keep him.

15. ThomasJ says:

JR, I get your point but I sure wouldn't want to go into the season with KG and Baby as the only healthy bigs, either. Baby is a spot starter and a role player off the bench. He only qualifies as a big in girth and positioning when active as his height and lack of verticle hardly qualify as big as even Green.

Sounds like we could use Perk and Semih right about now huh ThomasJ?

All the people who were like, "I wouldn't pay Perk 30 million" are going to find out it won't be so easy to get a decent center. Unless we get lucky with Dalembert, we're going to be looking at guys like Eddy Curry and Kwame Brown to man the middle.

17. ThomasJ says:

Who needs Perk and Semih when you have broken down O'Neals?

Scary that it could come to Kwame and Curry.

18. Rondo>DFlower says:

JR. Celtics could get Dalembert. they are one of the teams expected to try to sign him, according to ESPN. so clearly he isn't too far out of our price range.

Hi there! This article couldn't be written much better!
    Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He continually kept preaching about this. I am going to
    send this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a very good read.
    Many thanks for sharing!