The hype is over. We've seen how Miami handled themselves in the first two games and protected their home floor. We can't continue to blame poor or fixed officiating as that's almost a staple every time the Celtics play (more so when they play the Stern-groomed Heat).

Dwayne Wade and LeBron James are definitely a dangerous combination and both had moments when they made even Garnett look like a shell of himself. Chris Bosh, though still an ostrich, is slowly figuring out his role in this series and making an impact without burying his head in the ground.

We're in a mini-ditch. Not just because of the way Spoelstra's squad has been playing, but how Boston has been executing on both ends of the floor. Who's the veteran team again here?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still optimistic on the whole series but from the way we've been playing and judging the trends ... it's going to take more than a Shaq sighting and a homecooking at Beantown to turn the tables around in our favor.

Everyone has to do their role. Yes Big Baby, starting with you. We gotta get you back to "Ticket Stub" status. But by in large - everyone. Doc Rivers mentioned their offense is not built for one-on-one plays with the exception of Paul Pierce. Their offense is more geared around each other, setting screens, passing the ball and finding the open man for that easy deuce or uncontested three. We can't blame everything on Doc though. He obviously had a hard time in Game 2 on who's willing and able to score due to the ailing injuries of Pierce, Allen and Rondo on the court. KG played big time, but at this point, he can't do it alone.

Boston has been known for its defense but in this series against the Heat, I think they're going to need more on the offensive end. Both teams have proven they can defend well but from this point, if every succeeding game is a close one when it hits the final period, someone has to deliver for the Celtics. Wade and James no question are going to attack the rim again and rack up points or earn it in the charity stripe. Someone has to do the same for the Cs.

It's time to turn the tide. Three days of rest, time to think things over but not think too much. The Heat looks to have exploited our weaknesses and one side of the coin may prove it so. But there's also the other side which is more of the Celtics' own doing. That side they can stop and reverse. That's the part that's completely in their hands.

I'm just happy that we're going home. Not like one team I know who blew their homecourt advantage against that other team in Texas.

Gerald Alden 5/05/2011 05:36:00 AM Edit

Obviously we need to win the next 2 games and this would put a lot of pressure on Miami. This is not over, but we can't accept any falls from now on. We have to play the game and show we want it more. Celtics right now are not playing with a heart of a Champion. I hate to state this, but i think only KG has had some fight in him. Rajon needs to take it to the Hoop and yes get fouled; Pierce needs to step up and make Lebron work; Lebron is a heck of a player, but so is PP; so enough giving credit to Lebron. We as a team need to set better shots for Ray; swap things around and make Rondo gruard Wade at times. Work our offense inside out with KG and JO; trap the Heat and force torn overs; secure the ball and most of all trust each other in there. It's amazing how we could really change this series by winning the next 2 games. Trust me the pressure would be all on the Heat. This is it, give it all or go home. We are at war. Go Celts!

I believe the Celtics will when the series. I have faith in them. Maybe they had an off night! Sometimes people have off days. Now its up to them to make it right. I do believe that some of the calls were dumb. Paul should not have been ejected from the first game. I don't live in Boston I'm from NYC. But I love the Boston Celtics. GO BOSTON

3. dirtyundeese says:

I think the Celtics have been exposed.Big Baby can't rebound.And Jermaine is not as good a defender as perkins was.We where better last year with rasheed,perkins,and toney allen.Jeff green needs to be more aggressive on both ends.We are soft in the middle when jermaine leaves.And we are being out rebounded by a team that's not a good rebounding team.Without shaq we can't exploit the heat's weaknesses.If shaq can comback and play hard then we could win the series.

I am not worried. Boston played pretty badly in the first 2 games while Miami had spectacular games, yet both games were really close. If Boston plays well those games would have been wins. So Boston just needs to play good to beat Miami.

Also, all Boston players need to go look at this picture for some inspiration of what they are playing for: http://bit.ly/lForyV

Look; D Ainge is not to be blamed. Jeff Green is a heck of a player. He was out of position in Oklahoma; he is in a bad position here. He is behind PP; although they are different players i believe Jeff needs more time in the court and eventually we are gonna have to choose; it's great to have Paul, but he is gonna be 34 and i hope he can accept being a back up in the near future; playing the 2 and the 3 would give him enough mins. We need more Jeff green; more energy running up tempo basketball. Paul can finish up with his moves in the 4th quarter. We should resign Green, let Baby get overpaid elsewhere. Sign and trade Kristic + R Allen for Atlanta's Center; develop AB and move on in the future. We are still gonna be a solid team; i love Rondo and think he is and incredible player, but he is hurting us by not spacing the floor. Somehow we have to use our picks and trade him for a very good 2 guard. Keep Delonte for insurance and as i mentioned develop AB. Trust me; he has the talent; we don't need him to be Rondo, just to be aggressive and a good defender. Let KG expire and sign a very good PF or C. Choose

Trade with the Warrior's for M Ellis pls

trade Rondo? are you nuts???

If we trade Rondo we're fucked

8. kunzang says:

LMAO annonymous u basically said trade the whole starting 5!! WTF??? lmao...u must be on crack or sth!!! hahah

9. Jon says:

why the hell would we trade Rondo? instead we could rebuild with younger players while keeping Rondo. Rondo is a CELTIC and does not belong on any other team.

Excellent article

11. George says:

Can I just be optimistic and say it's only homecourt advantage so far? And I have to say, I don't think I've ever seen anyone pull a 14-0 run against the C's since I followed the team (yeah, I'm a bit of a bandwagoner,wherever KG goes, I go that kinda thing,but make no mistake I grew to like and bleed green now).
    Will that happen again?Yes, but it won't happen in this series EVER AGAIN (I hope.....and guarantee).IT'S TIME TO SHOW NOT JUST TALENTS,BUT THE PRIDE AND DETERMINATION OF TD GARDEN. GO CELTICS!!