"Calf" is code word for foot. This is one of those things I was hoping to be wrong about. When Danny traded Perk his rationale was that we'd be fine at the center position, since we have Shaq. I was like, "Are you mad? You're going to pin our title hopes on a 39 year old, 7 foot, 400 pound man with bad feet?" See I'd seen this before in 1987 with Bill Walton. Old big men with bad feet just don't get better. Then add in all the extra weight. I've heard Tommy mention countless times that his career was over just like that because of a foot injury.

Unfortunately I was right and Shaq has given us a total of 2 points in the playoffs. Now there's no other choice, but to hope J.O. has it left in his high milage tank to up his minutes and help lead us to the conference finals. We're asking a ton of J.O. as he really was the 'Sheed replacement, and he's doing a fine job filling those minutes. I've never heard of a team trading a quality starting center, while in 1st place mind you, for a backup to an all-star wing. It simply blows my mind.

JR 5/11/2011 11:20:00 AM Edit

Ainge gambled and he lost but unfortunately the team lost the championship too.

Shaq just needs to stay home on the porch he can't hang with the big dogs anymore.Danny really did the celtics in blame him for the loss of the banner.

3. glitterchick says:

How Ainge honestly thought this was a smast move is beyond me. The players,as well as Doc should be ticked off at him because he has cost this team BIG TIME. Much love to Perk and TA. They are missed in Boston.

TA doesn't seem to love Boston as much though. He was itching to get out of here.

When TA came back this Spring he said he's still a Celtic. Just wearing another uniform.

6. Karl says:

I don't think Perk was worth 34 million. I don't think he would've been traded had he accepted our offer.

7. Imran says:

Thing is it's easy to criticise the trade, but what else could Danny have done? Not have anyone to back up Pierce and Allen for like 3 months or something?

Karl, Perk didn't want 34 million from us. Yeah he wouldn't have been traded if he accepted 22 million. He'd be an idiot if he accepted that.

Imran,
    Back up wing is the easiest position to fill. Anthony Parker and shane Battier were both available for Semih Erden. Rockets ended up accepting Thabeet for Battier despite Thabeet's hefty contract.

9. Imran says:

If that's true then perhaps Danny did fuck up, but I read that the Rockets wanted something relatively big for Battier. I doubt they'd have accepted Semih for him. Maybe though

man I told ya'll last time on Shaq that he'd play one game n then hed be done Shaq is seriously a re-occuring bad ending movie in the NBA couldnt help CLE last yr n Danny gambled on him this year n lost the time to retire this guy was never a Boston Celtic. I like Shaq but I just don;t know what to say retire big guy it's o-v-e-r

11. Imran says:

Off topic, think Davis is going to get resigned?

davis is a goner

13. Patti says:

WHAT'S WITH DOC NOT PLAYING ARROYO AT ALL SO FAR? SEEMS LIKE HE WOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE INSIGHT CONSIDERING HE WAS WITH THE HEAT, KNOWS THEIR PLAYS, ANGLES, AND WEAKNESSES. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM GET SOME MINUTES FROM A RONDO REST.

I rather have Sheed playing random bs and shooting 3's than Shaq being out for half the season including playoffs or Krstic being a non-factor in the playoffs.

15. ThomasJ says:

I never had expectations of Shaq contributing in the playoffs so I am not disappointed. My disappointment was the day Ainge broke up the championship core of this team for what? He counted on the O'Neals to fill the center void in order to get a good (not great) role player in Jeff Green. I'd rather keep our championship possibilities and risk Perk walking.

Patti, Arroyo's not playing because he's not that good. The Heat replaced him with the corpse of Mike Bibby. That should tell you all you need to know.