ESPN's Rachel Nichols reported on sportscenter that KG was furious after yesterday's game. Apparently KG didn't like the way the the Heat's Dwyane Wade tangled up with Rajon Rondo, which resulted in a dislocated elbow. Garnett was so mad that Doc Rivers had to warn him not to retaliate.

Rondo returned to the game after the injury but his status for Game 4 is questionable.

"It's a major concern," said Rivers. "We've seen people play with broken feet and stuff like that. Honestly, moving forward, we'll have to see. It's going to be interesting, I'll put it that way."

Mike Saver 5/08/2011 11:42:00 AM Edit

Heat suck

this might be a good thing. KG will get all fired up and be vintage KG all series.

GAHH everything I read about the injury has that darn picture. I feel like I'm gonna puke every time I see it.

The Heat aren't content being cheaters, now they want to break our players bones? Heat are cheats; Beat the Heat! ♣

Celtics not the same with out Rondo knowing this Wade making a dirty play to bring him down or just the way the game goes. Liked the reporting addressing Wade directly on this in the post presser.

6. I suffered the same injury (at least it looked the same) on my good arm last year. I could play right away as Rondo did, but with several movement restrictions and a lot of pain. It took me 6 months to return playing basketball and tennis without pain, but even though, more than a year later, it still bothers me when I play for a long time (+1.5 hours). Poor Rondo, I hope I'm wrong, but I believe we'll see one armed Rondo for the whole series.

Edu, did you elbow get popped back right away? That's quite important.

KG's finest run of the game came after Rondo went down, and I really believe those two are related. So to read this it just makes sense.

9. Yes. But every person reacts differently and I continued surfing almost every day, not giving any rest to my arm for weeks.

Rondo may be back soon. If this had happened to JO, he would retire.

hey guys, we all know Rondo's effort was without question the most heroic thing since Pierce's incident in the '08 finals. But listen he played through the pain, he did amazing. now without question that elbow is gonna sting today. im sure hes icing that as I speak. its gonna look bad. The swelling and yeah for sure there will be a movement limitation, But we all know we dont need Rondo to be a scorer we need a facilitator and warrior he needs to be aggressive and yes Like Doc said If they keep undermining us /(the press) then that will get us fired up KG will fight for Rondo. I hope he gets well soon I really Do My prayers goes to him every hour every minute everysecond. Hes a fighter and fighters dont quit.. Good Luck #9!

First...I'm a Cs fan and totally not a fan of the Heat. Having said that and after looking at the replay, do we really think this specific incident was intentional? I'm probably being naive, but it seemed like a bad fall not like an intentional throw down. (Pls try not to assassinate me too badly, like I said I bleed Green. I guess I just don't want to believe a player could be that dirty). I hate that this happened but what an awesome storyline this will be when we are celebrating banner 18 at the Celtics parade in June!
    Signed,
    Celtics Chick

12. Big ticket back for monday. Embrace to rage KG. Beat their ass.

I wouldn't put anything past The Heat at this point, the only way they won the first two games is cause of the refs and cause the Celtics were not playing as their regular selves, if they start playing as if this is 2008 and early in the 2011 season, there is no hope so they have to pull out all the stops to win, but in the end it still wasn't enough LOL, Heat are done and Celtics will get Banner 18

MIAMI HEAT SUCKS!! I HATEE THEM!! I WAS SO MAD WHEN THAT HAPPENED TO RONDO!!

15. LBJ da King says:

Wade did a real good job hurting him. But it seems like it wasn't enough. I expect a better effort next time. Go Heat.

FUCK YOU LBJ dick suck! go fuck ya self

RONDO ALL DAY, will beat the heat with 1 arm again

17. @LBJ da king: Stop slurping on Lebrick's dick you gay blade. Get Lebick's tool out of your mouth so that you can think straight.
    Deliberately trying to seriously hurt another player is NOT cool.
    If you could get Lebrick's joint out your ass, you would know this already.
    Just Go Away.

18. fuckdwade says:

how could you be proud wade for hurting Rondo? they don't go out there trying to hurt players so they can win games. that's how pussies play. which would make wade a pussy. you heat fans can go on about how wade's play wasn't dirty but KG is dirty all the time, but when was the last time KG severely injured an opposing player? probably never. he doesn't pull/push everyone to the ground like faggot wade does. if one of the celtics players injured wade or lebron at least us celtics fans will be mature enough and have enough class to have sympathy for them and not say it's a good thing.

19. fuckdwade says:

proud of*

Wade is such an ass!

21. mrobinstone says:

Remember 91 when bird went down in a playoff game with indiana he came back and ignited the fans and the players.Then in 07 pierce went down and came back to win the game.Now it was Rondo's turn,but this time that injury was way way more ugly but came back. Rondo has the a heart of a champion!Bec of this he earned my respect than any other athlete in the history of the sport,that includes the likes of jordan.Celtic Pride right there.Theres my mvp right there!Go Rajonh Rondo!

You guys really think that was a dirty play, morons.

23. tbh says:

Isn't it dirty? So you call that clean? Idiot.

24. I can understand why Wade did it- the Heat have gotten away with murder this entire series and the officials only reward them. Hey, when James knocked Rondo ass over tea kettle back in Miami, why was nothing called? It had to be either a blocking foul on Rondo (NOT!), or a charging foul by Lebron. But what did the officials call? Nothing, they just let Lebron have his lay-up. IMO, the league wants Miami in the finls so bad that they will do whatever it takes to get them there-- including cheating

LBJ, the king without a crown...seriously, i hope dwade takes you down and breaks both your elbows.

LeBron likes men