Still a couple of weeks away, but Doc announced his 10 man playoff rotation today.
Rivers indicated the rotation would be last night’s starting five with Shaquille O’Neal (if healthy) in place of Jermaine O’Neal in the starting lineup. Then it would be Jermaine O’Neal, Nenad Krstic, Glen Davis, Jeff Green and Delonte West coming off the bench.
If you had asked me to predict the rotation prior I would have said the same thing. Now 10 guys seems like one too many and if the O'Neals are both healthy for every game of the playoffs I would imagine Kristic would be the odd man out. But if you're Doc you have to tell Kristic to be prepared, because the O'Neals health is no given. I would imagine West might actually be the reserve getting the most minutes as he seems to fit a little better than Green right now. Green will get the 10 minutes backing up Pierce, but will have to fight Baby and West for any more burn.

JR 4/04/2011 08:06:00 PM Edit

Lol Troy. Sorry. Trust me when I say you still have a shot. Nice link ;)

2. .chuckT. says:

LOL@Murphy

anyway - I have to say this rotation is better than the one we had last year in the playoffs of:

C -Perk / Sheed
    PF -KG / Baby
    SF -Pierce / Quis
    SG -Ray / TA
    PG -Rondo / Nate

This years rotation is much bigger(obviously - cause Sheed was a PF playing C) and more reliable offensively.

3. Von Wafer has the potential to come up huge off the bench, especially on offense... I think he deserves some minutes, and we're going to have some serious problems if Delonte is really the only guard that Doc plans on using off the bench. The other four are all power forwards and/or centers, even Green who they like using on the wing.

If the O'Neals are healthy I agree Banner. Mainly b/c Delonte is a genuine weapon we didn't have last year and KG is better than he was last year too.

why not play von wafer????and have some minutes for nenad and troy coz obviously the oneals are injury prone players.

6. Disagree with Scal.

Jeff Green is a Small Forward, he was used as a 4 in OKC because of Durant. But in Boston I believe he'll be used primarily as a SF, then obviously as a 4 situationally.

7. Neil Anderson says:

yea i agree....but we have to stay healthy and give von wafer some more minutes against certain teams though....if we do that then we should be guaranteed banner 18

Hey guys just wanted to add my little opion in here. I think Von could defintly check and give us some minutes. Let's not forget how he averaged 15 ppg against the lakers in 07 in the rockets valiant attempt to knock off the lake show. And if worst comes to worst (I mean worst!) Murph can defintly step in and fill in some minutes.

9. Tank0776 says:

If this team is healthy, which I'm hoping they are. They will be a force to reckon with. Much deeper than last year. Just hope the desire to win is there. The C's need to think about Game 6 and 7 of last year's NBA Finals and that should fuel their motivation. Let's go BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Avenue says:

def agree with u guys about wafer hes a pure scorer and i think will be a good back up when ray is on the bench hopefully both oneals will be healthy but i shaq is looking really doubtful to me but i think jermaine has something to prove and will let everyone know he still can play

Can J O Neal play PF?

12. Green plays very solid both at the 3 and 4 position. Regardless, I think Wafer has a lot to offer, and that it definitely could not hurt to have a legitimate scoring shooting guard as an option off the bench, since Delonte is backing up Rondo.

And Jermaine O'Neal used to play PF, in fact he was an all star PF on the Pacers. He's older, slower, and not the athlete was back then, but we possibly could see him at PF next to Shaq or Krstic if we get into foul trouble or another tight situation.

13. Benneth says:

C - Shaq / JO
    PF - KG / Big Baby
    SF - Pierce / Green
    SG - RayRay / Wafer
    PG - Rondo / West

14. Antoine walker says:

So where do I come in?

15. It's just as simple as this, if the celtics are healthy come playoffs, whatever rotation doc uses, we'll get banner 18 baby!