Sports Illustrated recently took a poll of 138 NBA players to find out who they thought the most annoying coach in the Association was. It's no surprise that Stan Van Gundy won by a landslide, but it shocked me that someone voted for Lawrence Frank.

Who would you vote as the most annoying coach in the NBA? Leave your reply in the comments.

WHICH COACH IS MOST ANNOYING DURING GAMES?

1. Stan Van Gundy, Magic 65%
  2. Phil Jackson, Lakers 7%
  3. Scott Skiles, Bucks 7%
  4. Avery Johnson, Nets 4%
  5. Gregg Popovich, Spurs 3%

FAST FACTS

Two coaches who left their teams midseason received votes: Larry Brown of the Bobcats (2%) and Jerry Sloan of the Jazz (1%).... Sloan, Brown and Jackson all are among the top six all-time in NBA coaching wins.... Two non--head coaches, Celtics assistant Lawrence Frank and Bobcats majority owner Michael Jordan, received one vote apiece.... The Pistons' John Kuester is tied for the lead among NBA coaches with eight technicals but received no votes; Van Gundy's seven techs tie him for third.

Danielle Hobeika 3/30/2011 07:40:00 PM Edit

1. DH says:

They must not have asked any Piston players if Kuester did not receive any votes.

Eric Spoelstra hands down.
    Oh hang on, he's not a coach, he's just this guy giving motivational speeches to a bunch of spoiled brats. Riiight.

3. Sarah says:

Totally agree that Stan is most annoying, can't stand his voice, he's always yelling at his team no matter if they're winning or not and it's like nails on a chalk board too, ugh...

4. Leighton says:

Although Van Gundy certainly screeches like a crow, I'm surprised Phil Jackson didn't take #1. Ever since he took the helm of the Lakers, he's been a pretentious dickbag with a herculean hubris.

Pistons players refuse to call Kuester a coach.

I'd have SVG, Phil, and Avery high on my list as well. Avery most likely #1 simply because of the voice. I love when he yells/squeals at his players, "What are you doing?!"

To me, it's Mike D'Antoni. He's whining all the time and his facial expression is just disgusting lol

Leighton with the line of the day: "Ever since he took the helm of the Lakers, he's been a pretentious dickbag with a herculean hubris."

8. Beantown says:

That picture of Dwight in the background is classic.

9. DH says:

I love Dwight's face in that pic

I agree with Leighton entirely lol. Thing is, I didn't mind Jackson in Chicago. I also agree with Bohemian in that D'antoni should be higher.

What a surprise, I detest the Lakers and Knicks coaches lol.