While Doc Rivers was in Indianapolis getting frustrated with the Celtics' lackluster performance to close out their game against the Pacers, his son Austin was in Chicago competing at the Powerade Jam Fest, part of the McDonalds All-American festivities.

Austin wore Doc's #25 Hawks jersey during his first dunk attempt, the impressive windmill shown above. The dunk earned him a perfect score of 70 points, but LeBryan Nash of Lincoln ended up winning the contest, wearing a giant foam Oklahoma State hat for his final dunk.

Thanks to Celtics Life reader Twelve for sharing the video.

Danielle Hobeika 3/29/2011 02:44:00 PM Edit

1. Darrick Martin says:

Entertaining

The best part of those jerseys is that they actually looked like McDonald's uniforms. Too bad teams always "lottery protect" their picks when they trade them. How awesome would it be if the Clippers pick we have next year ended up being a top pick and Danny could draft Doc's son.

Unfor. the pick is top 10 protected and I can't see Austin falling that low. I also could see Austin staying 2 or 3 years in college.

3. DH says:

LOL at the old Hawks unis having McDonalds colors.

I had to look at a picture of those ugly old jerseys every day in high school since in the field house, there was a huge wall mural of Rumeal Robinson (in a hawks uniform) and Patrick Ewing since both were CRLS grads.

What's was worse to look at Rumeal's uniform or Ewing's face?

Rumeal's surrogate mom would still say Ewing's face lol.

6. DH says:

You are so mean! I still like Ewing, even if his face was beaten by the ugly stick.

7. Twelve says:

Thanks DH!
    still don't reckon doc was popping of windmills in his prime? or was he?

LeBryan, im sorry but that name is just atrocious, reminds me of the two of my most hated basketball players.

9. DH says:

Twelve,

I did a video search for "Doc Rivers dunk" and I found this. He does dunk in it:

It also came up with this one of Doc going up for a lay-up on Jordan and hitting him in the stomach:

10. DH says:

Also LeBryan Nash is the love child of Lebron, Kobe, and Steve Nash... poor Steve, he is the only one I like of those 3. Evidently he is the male of the 3-some since the kid took his last name.

11. Karl says:

Sucks he's going to Duke. Go Tarheels.

I knew Nash split with his ex wife, but I thought he'd have better taste in women.

13. DH says:

Not sure JR, I heard LeBron looks pretty good in heels and red lipstick. I guess he learned some beauty tips from Bosh after all the time they have been spending together.