So Pierce has put out the challenge via twitter. Let's see what the NBA does and if Ray is interested. The League has been fumbling and bumbling with the All Star Weekend the last several years, so watch them invite some no name like Gary Neal instead. On a side note, who's dumb idea was it to make the dunk contest only 4 players deep? But back to the topic at hand, who is more likely to win in a shootout: Pierce, the defending champ with his more set-shot like 3's or Ray with his jump shooting style?

JR 2/01/2011 01:11:00 AM Edit

1. Banner 18 says:

PAUL VS RAY!!! HELL YEA!!
    But Ray would def win that!! Paul is a GREAT 3pt shooter, but Ray is THE BEST!!

I love both of 'em, but Ray Allen all day.

I love both Paul and Ray...However, I will have to go with Ray Ray on this one!!

They've both won these contests I believe Ray won it while on Milwaukee or Seattle. Would definitely be fun

5. Gary Neal says:

What you talkin bout Willis?!

@Banner 18,that statement is about to becomes literal haha

Actually, I think Paul would win. He has more of a set shot, ideal for a contest like this.
    Even though RayRay would lose (at least I think he might), it would probably be the most interesting 3pt. shootout ever.

Yeah Jenda or since 1988 which had Bird vs Ainge lol

I agree with Jenda. I think Paul has more chances to win in this kind of contest.

10. Hilary says:

Paul has been gearing up to defend his title for a year, Ray hasn't. It helps to practice with the contest in mind... so, Paul.

I'd love to see this, but I can't imagine Ray would go to the weekend if he isn't on the all-star team, and I can easily see the coaches leaving him off because they don't want 4 Celtics.

11. Karl says:

Have to go with Ray here but it would be closer than people think.

12. jasmine says:

Hilary & Jenda made good pts. Im a huge Paul Pierce fan but i'm going with Ray on this one. Would luv to see the 2 battle it out.

13. Banner 18 says:

wow, why are you all saying Paul has been gearing up? Ray hasnt?
    He does EVERY DAY!--WHEN HE SHOWS UP 3-4 HOURS BEFORE GAMES AND SHOOTS THREES, FTS, JUMPERS! Its just like the 3point shoot out cause there is nobody defending him!

Im still sticking with Ray. That quick release will def help (cause they have a time limit). And its not like he rushes his shot, thats just his regular, everyday shot!--wether wide open-or with Joakim Noah's hand in his face! lol

Hilary, not logged into my Google acount...

Oh, I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if Ray won; he's the greatest of all time and all. It would be an amazing competition and I hope Ray and the league agree to do it.

But the contest and "normal" three point shooting are different. That's why Paul embarassed himself the first time he was in the contest-- he thought his normal routine would be enough to prepare him, and it wasn't.

Of course, Ray's "normal" now is more intense than Paul's "normal" was back then.

15. The 3PT competition is probably more of an advantage to Pierce, he's used to shooting off the dribble while Ray is an excellent catch and shoot sniper. Then again they both have won one. Would be awesome to see.

Kidd, Peja, Rashard, Chauncey and J.E.T, should compete too. That'd round out the active players in the top 12 all-time.

That's an awesome idea Jesse.

17. This comment has been removed by the author.
  18. .chuckT. says:

That's be a great contest, Jesse!

And about your first comment "The 3PT competition is probably more of an advantage to Pierce, he's used to shooting off the dribble.."
    You dont dribble in the 3pt shootout! Just pick it up and release. Id say thats more like Rays 'catch and shoot', right?

(by the way, i am 'Banner 18'. i just found out how to use my google account on this.lol)

19. Marcin Gortwat says:

Thas cool

20. mrobinstone says:

Besides seeing Pierce and Allen in the three point contest,I want to see Manny Pacquiao n Floyd Mayweather on the 3 0n 3 match at the all star game.Both of them are exceptional ballers.If they don't want it on the ring let them slug it out on the hardcourt.Pls nba make it happen nba!They could if they want too and rating would really soar!