With the trade deadline more than just a week away, here are some of the names reportedly being shopped:
- As annoying as it was for everyone to hear LeBron's decision this summer, I personally feel Carmelo's unresolved situation has been even more drawn-out and irritating. The latest rumor has the Knicks having turned down a deal for Carmelo and Chauncey Billups for Raymond Felton, Eddy Curry's expiring contract and the Rooster. The Knicks have turned this down since they think they have the most leverage this off season to sign Anthony.
- The Buffoon is in full effect, per usual. After giving horrendous contracts to Mike Conley Sr's son and Rudy Gay, he's in the position to determine if they're going to be able to sign both Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph. How about he just gives Randolph to the Flakers for a box of Cheez-Its. Sound good? OJ Mayo and Hasheem Thabeet are also being heavily shopped. Can the Buffoon just deal OJ Mayo for Derek Caracter and Theo Ratliff's corpse, to give the LA a legit wing guy off the bench? Or maybe he can give Marc Gasol to the Heat? Never knew following basketball would make me so uneasy around the trade deadline with such an incompetent GM on an NBA team looking to shake his team up.
- The Nets are desperately trying to move Travis Outlaw, Johan Petro and Jordan Farmar. It must have just dawned upon them how terrible the contracts were that they gave those last summer.
- Bulls are interested in Courtney Lee from Houston, which would make sense since their weak wing players is why they won't advance very far, but my sources say there are nothing to it.
- One name to keep an eye on: Nazr Mohammed. He's in the final year of his contract and since the Bobcats are always trying to shed salary may look to move him. Maybe they can giftwrap him to the Heat.