Marc Spears was also on WEEI today and mentioned that former Celtic Leon Powe is considering signing with the Celtics, Knicks or Lakers, but that the Celtics are the "front runners." My guess is that the Celtics are the front runners in Powe's mind, but do the C's feel the same? We have KG, Davis and Green who all play the 4. It's center where we need the help. This also pisses me off more about the Semih Erden deal. A young promising center like him (imagine how well he would have played if he didn't have to play injured, because Jermaine "Living Corpse" O'Neal and Shaq "I'm old and I'm fat, so I get injured every other week" O'Neal wouldn't suit up?) for a 2nd round pick in 2013?

You wanted open roster spots Danny? Well first of all (Barkley voice) you got one with Marquis leaving. 2nd you could have just cut Harrangody for another. Trading Semih was dumb. Add in the fact that you didn't even have a prearranged deal to bring in Murphy now it seems (I know those deals are illegal, but come on. Get your head out of the sand. This is the NBA. Everything is prearranged. 3 amEGO'S to Miami. Big Z trade and buyout last year. Melo to the Knicks. And on and on). Semih si the only decent draft pick you've made in the past few years and you trade him for nothing. When we're in dire need of centers? Really?

Obviously I'm not still bitter about yesterday. Ha. Figured Semih needed some love today too. I hear he's heartbroken over the trade. And the thing is I like Jeff Green. Would have loved to have added him for let's say Davis and a first. But the gamble that Danny took yesterday seems more about saving money that "All about 18." Just saying.

JR 2/25/2011 10:35:00 PM Edit

1. Jack Stoliker says:

i Totally agree

2. Loanie says:

agree...erden was doing well! he played his heart out everytime on the court when they put him in. at the end of the day its all about business, but bad business deals have brought down companies...so who's to say pissing off the fans is a good idea??? I guess danny says so...

Erdan is homesick for Turkey. And he is signed only until the end of this season.

I second that

5. I think Murphy will still get waived. Golden State is just trying to lower the price for the buyout. I asked Spears and he said that it was probably what's going on.

6. transient says:
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  7. mike says:

seriously? semih was injured, and may not have been healthy going forward the rest of the season....and at best the guy is a 2nd or 3rd string center... my god.. its not big deal at all that we moved the guy... the fact we got anything in return for him is something good.

please.. get a friggin' clue...crying about erden leaving? wtf?

This is why the trade was so risky. What if he doesn't get waived? We'll have to depend on the health of the 2 O'neals and Dan F'n Gadzuric? We're in trouble!!!!

9. jim says:

maybe erden would have improved to be a better center, but the guy didnt box out on rebounds, had a matador defense and i don't know how many times on rebounds he would tip the ball instead of grabbing it, drove me crazy. he did not impress me as being durable either so imo not a great loss, although i would agree that we could have done better on the receiving end, but who knows what danny ainge has up his sleeve. this author and many pundits think they know it all, but you are not on the inside, so wait and see before you condemn ainge, but i guess that what sportswriters do. i do trust danny's judgement before any sportswriter who doesnt have a clue as to the plan.