I hate when refs think it's about them. Luckily the main culprit Dick Bavetta seems to be getting phased out of the league. The original plan was to wait until he died or turned 100, but neither of those worked. Regarding Javie, he did seem to be looking for a conflict, which should get him reprimanded by the league. Instead expect him to get extra Finals games. For the record, the C's didn't lose this game because of the refs. They lost because they played like shit.

JR 1/29/2011 02:09:00 AM Edit

Doc's the man.

2. shelbyl says:

I love Doc. The calmness, the furious-yet-reserved attitude: Priceless.

This game was a joke. It shouldn't have been played anyway after a brutal plane schedule that didn't get a positive answer by the league (how come I am not surprised?). Then we really played tired and uninspired...and finally the refs helped turn this game into a nightmare. Awful refs, really bad.

The KG incident is so ridiculous...he slightly touched Frye and he makes a late attempt for the Oscars...then gets up so fast he forgets he should pretend he was touched. After reviewing the images I thought the refs would just call a foul (to not feel such a fool for calling that shit) ...but an ejection????? really?? It should be Frye who should have left the floor. Things like this make the league poor and unbearable sometimes. Flops, flops and more flopping. A league for weak, bloodless individuals... you can't yell, you can't have any contact, centers who can't even move against PG's... a shame for the league again

And Doc was awesome by the way. Agreed with shelbyl

And how about the foul on Wafer? Could you imagine such a thing happening to Rose, Wade, Bron and all the rest? The refs are a joke

Bohemian bringing the heat!

LOL! I got up at the time around Doc's ejection...it wasn't the best awakening for a Saturday "morning" :P I may go to sleep again and just focus on the Lakers game ;)

Is it me or does that guy at the scorer's table look like Rick Adelman?

hahaha! He really looks like him... :D

The league of flops:

Refs are a bunch of idiots!

12. Banner 18 says:

FUCK THAT OLD ASS CRUSTY SHITTY MOLDY STANK LAME ASS PIECE OF SHIT REF!!! HE IS AS BAD AS DELANY!!
    IVE NEVER HATE REFS MORE IN MY LIFE!! NOW I HATE THEM MORE THAN I HATE THE LAKERS FOR SURE!!

until they start calling techs and fouls as they happen (not just in favor of one team) THEN I WILL SHOW SOME RESPECT, BUT UNTILL THEN, FUCK THEM ASS WIPE DOUCHE BAGS. THEY CAN SUCKS STERNS ASS WHOLE.

I agree that the refs make the league look bad with all of their flop calls. I still love my CELTICS but just can't trust the refs anymore. Ever since that ref(whats his name) was jailed for betting on the games...I sometimes wonder if these games are really fixed at times. And yes...the players & now coaches can't even talk during the game without getting a technical. The parts of the game I saw last night were totally ridiculous!!! The acting job of Frye...like really. Reminded me a lot of Dennis Rodman!! What a joke!!!

Speaking of Rodman, the ref that ejected Doc is the same ref that used to eject Rodman majority of the time when he played for the Bulls. I've never liked that ref lol. Refs were terrible last night, and I wouldn't be surprised if they repeal one of the techs given to Garnett after the fact like they usually do.

15. Cromag Olivenza says:

The douche bag ref is Steve Javie. He has a history of controversy including several years back when he told Pat Riley and his Heat that he would be delighted to see his team died. Stern never did reprimand him not even a slap on the wrist for that comment. And we wonder why the NBA is in a downslide. Major facelift is needed and the first action is to oust Stern and then fire all these shady refs.

16. Tessa says:

I'm the first one to point the finger at the refs... But in this case, much of the blame has to lie on the Celtics. Yes, the situation was less than ideal- having to fly out of Portland, getting in to Phoenix so late and then having to play a team coming off a day of rest- but it was what it was. The Celtics still needed to show up and play, and they weren't able to do that last night. The refs sucked, and they made stupid calls as usual- but there have been many cases where I felt like the refs actually had an affect on the outcome of the game and turned momentum against the Celtics. This game wasn't one of them.

WTF is with the NBA sceduling a game when the visitors have to arrive at 4 am. No excuses but jeeeeeeez. Why couldnt have Boston played Portland, then Sacramento then LA then Phoenix? Stern and his minions are mentally deficiant.

The BEST actor award goes to FRYE!!!! The worst referee award goes to Javie!!!!

19. Classic Doc. "That's all I said...over and over again."