As I watch Miami struggle with New Jersey tonight (instead of blowing them out of the water like they should) it hit me.  Erik Spoelstra's job is in jeopardy.  Riley's a snake and did it once before to Stan Van Gundy- don't think he won't do it again.  He still thinks Whistlin Phil's all-time NBA titles won is a record that should be his (personally I think Riley's the better coach between him and Whistlin Phil for reasons I've mentioned in the past).  But this Heat team is built to win it now.  Losing games is simply inexcusable.  This team with this talent level in this watered-down NBA is a squad with 70-win potential.

I'm going out on the limb and saying if the Heat don't start at least 7-3 (meaning if they lose 2 more in the next 10, including Thursday's game against the Celtics) I think Spoelstra will be shown the door.  Riley's itching to get back in this and add some titles to his resume.  It doesn't help that Carlos Arroyo and Joel Anthony are below average NBA players, let-alone starters.  It doesn't help Mike Miller's injured.  Or they opted to stick with corpses Magloire, Howard and Ilgauskas rather than sign Erik Dampier.

Nevertheless keep an eye out for the first coaching change to take place in Miami, if the Heat lose 2 of their next 4.  If nothing more for the fact that Riley's a scumbag.

tb727 11/06/2010 09:14:00 PM Edit

since this is all speculation, I think youre wrong..very wrong

I think you should state your name. Anonymous is a stupid name.

I don't think it will happen that soon, but if Miami is something like 12-8 after 20 games, it could conceivably go down then. The fact that Riley has already done this once before means he has to wait a little longer this time. But my gut says Spoelstra is safe for the season and if the Heat don't make the Finals this year than Riley takes over next year.

4. When Riley brought the 3 AmEGOS into the fold, I said then that Spoelstra's job was on shaky ground. I wouldn't put it past Spoelstra's wife is pregnant and I can see it now... Erik has to take time off to be with his wife. Rather than hire another coach, Riles will fill in for him.

Spoelstra doesn't have a wife, so no pregnancy time-off.

One more loss in the next 2 and he's iced! It's coming!

And if you ever were to wear these separately, everybody would see your
    bra. Richard Avedon photos had also filled
    some of the finest magazines in the United
    States. If you are trying to find little girls clothing
    stores, there are many options for the fancy boutiques where you will likely pay a
    lot more than average, to the stores that are more well-known and you can probably find good
    values while still getting quality clothing.

Have a look at my site; js boutique dresses lord and taylor