Even though the season is almost two months away, this has been on my mind for quite some time. Like, since around June 18 of this year. They stole it. You know what I'm talking about. Larry O'Brien. The Holy Grail. In Doc's words: "The Golden Ball". They stole it from us. Twice. Back-to-back. Damn, how I hate typing that. But it's the truth. Alas, we have to get it back. We have to fill that blank banner.

When Perk went down in game 6 of the 2010 Finals, I think most of us knew we'd be in for a thriller in game 7. In the end, our team was too weary, just too tired to hang on to the lead. We ran out of gas and if I say "15+", I'm pretty sure you all know what I'm talking about. Nah, man.... Let's just say we ran out of gas. Don't give 'em the joy of putting us down. We'll be back.

We have to make sure the evil Lakers (in the words of a friend of mine, " a second rate dynasty") can not and will not threepeat. Miami? Oh, yeah: We'll have to beat the Heat first. And maybe the Bulls and the Magic, too. I am not too worried about that. What I'm worried about is Kobe "The Snake" Bryant and his five rings. We can't let him win again. He should never tie MJ. It would not be right. The Lakers are now one championship behind us in the all-time standings. We can't let them tie us. It would be so wrong, like the Gulf oil spill or old ladies getting mugged for a few dollars worth of groceries. It would just not be right. We'll have to beat the Heat and then we'll have to beat the Lakers.

We'll have to dig deep, hustle, play team ball and just play smart. We'll have to avoid major injuries and make sure our starting five is ready when the playoffs arrive. I trust Doc on this. We'll to get a better playoff seed than fourth place because in the end, a game 7 at the TD Garden could make all the difference in the world. I trust the Celtics on this.

How beautiful would it be too deny Kobe a sixth ring and have Shaq earn his fifth, all the while doing it in a green jersey? How beautiful would it be to make sure the New Big Three era Celtic team is mentioned in the same sentence as the greatest teams of all time? How beautiful would it be to see us go 2 'ships up on Hollywood and Whine? That's why we have to do it, because of the beauty in those things. We have to take back what is ours.

The journey begins October 26, 2010. Go Celtics!

ACF 9/02/2010 03:14:00 PM Edit

As much as I bleed green "He should never tie MJ." is a great concern for me as well. Also I love " a second rate dynasty". Go Celtics!

Don't forget, the Minneapolis Lakers won five championships before the Celtics won one! The way I see it, the LA Fakers have 11 championships. Boston won all 17 in Boston uniforms!

Boston=17 championships
    LA Lakers=11 championships
    Minneapolis Lakers=5 championships

How many lakes are there in LA?

3. Terry Dehere says:

Entertaining

I love the comment of a second rate dynasty

5. How the heck can you say they "stole it from us".

The Lakers (especially Fisher) overachieved & EARNED it fair & square. They won 2 games against the C's when they HAD Perk. They blew out the C's the game when I expected the C's to be cutthroat & close out the series.

I'm in love w/ the Celts & thy should cruise to the championship this year, but LA deserves congrats for what they did.

6. ACF says:

If you want to congratulate the Lakers, fine. I'd rather beat them.

Like I said, we ran out of gas. With Perk (who only played around 6 mins in game 6) out on the floor in game 7, we would've annihilated them.

I think "Delonte_Rules" is a Lakers fan to be quite honest.

I second that motion (or is it notion?).

By "they stole it from us" could also possibly mean not only the Lakers but also the refs had a hand in it. Remember the 21-6 free throw disparity in the 4th quarter of Game 7 in favor of the Lakers? Hmmm...quite suspicious.

10. What is also quite satisfying about this is that not only are we gonna use Shaq to torment them, but the Fakers where also trying very hard to get Delonte West (see playerpress.com July 29) from Cleveland by making a trade to get Sasha Vujacic with a first round pick off the books to clear space for a trade with Cleveland for Delonte before he went to Minnesota. Yet, as fate would have it, we ended up luring him back to Boston. Thus, we've already got "one up" on those Fakers this year....and next we're going to use this same Delonte West in our backcourt to punish them in route to our 18th title.
    I'm loving it.