On Friday afternoon, Rainier Beach High School retired Nate Robinson's #2 jersey in front of a crowd of students, family and friends.  One of those friends was the Hawks' Jamal Crawford, who also attended Rainier Beach High School.  Crawford had this to say about the Celtics' diminutive guard:

"There are a lot of stars who forget about the little people who get so high up on their horse that they forget about the little people.  Well, Nate is little, so he can't forget about the little people."
The stories told were of a person who gives much of himself to others especially when the cameras are off.  One story that caught my attention was this one told by Ron Howard, former Seattle Seahawk and current member of the Rainier Beach coaching staff, about a trip the team took for a basketball tournament.
"All of the players were at a store buying Timberland boots. One player didn't have enough money. Robinson took up a collection to make sure his teammate could get a pair of shoes."
Not only was Nate a high school basketball star, but he was also a high school football star.  Check out some amazing basketball and football highlights from Nate's high school career after the jump..

FLCeltsFan 9/10/2010 10:08:00 PM Edit

Is that a picture of maybe Terrence Williams?

i think i love nate that much more.

Lol at the music choice for the video.

Looks like Nate Robinson to me TB. :)

And, FL, Make sure to get on TB immediately if his perfect self ever makes a mistake ok? lol.

And back to TB, no wonder Norman bashes you. lol

5. I had a different photo up and the photo was of Nate (at least it said it was Nate under the picture where I got it) but it wasn't as good as this one, so I swapped it. But the other one said it was Nate in high school so I think it was him but it wasn't as good a picture.

I wasn't knocking FL. In fact I actually first thought it was Dejuan Wagner. But then I remembered how much Terrence Williams resembles 50 Cent. It was a Louisville player and Nate didn't go there.

And as for Norman, well I don't think he particularly cares for anyone haha.

Nate had an awesome tweet last night: "Time to head to Boston soon can't wait #wordaapp back to work the NBA where the Celtics happen"

The NBA where the Celtics happen. I like that. I used to totally dislike Nate when he was on the Knicks. He has definitely grown on me. Here's hoping he has a breakout season this year. He's still young enough for it to happen.