Shaq and KG react to Nate's Pranks
I originally titled this filling Shaq's shoes because that was the first video I found. But then more and more good stuff kept coming and so I changed the title. I just love seeing them having so much fun. But word is when it is practice time, they are all serious. I just love the silliness and the way Pierce is cheering Nate on with his pranks.  This may seem to be needless distractions to some, but it serves to build a stronger bond between the team.  If you read Tommy Heinsohn's books, he talks about the same type of thing going on with the teams he was on.  You know, the teams that won 8 championships in a row.  Those guys had a lot of fun and there were a lot of pranks played in those days and it is great to see the team doing the same now.  Of course, Nate seems to be the source of all the silliness,  but the others, including the Captain are having a lot of fun with it.  Would you rather be in the Miami camp where egos reign supreme or with the Celtics who seem to be having the time of their lives and really enjoying each other? I know where I'd rather be.

After the jump you can check out Nate trying to fill Shaq's shoes, a stare off between Shaq and Perk and Nate dunking over an unsuspecting Shaq.  Good stuff!

And, here is Nate getting Shaq back for the choke job.

And finally, I couldn't resist this video with Perk getting in on the fun as well.

FLCeltsFan 9/30/2010 02:34:00 PM Edit

LOL at this. Hope the Celtics told Nate that if he sprained his ankle his contract was voided. lol. Nate cracks me up. Happy to have him here. And the pic is amazing.

LOL at the perk video. I love how people think b/c players didn't get along on opposing teams that they'll be a problem. It's totally different when you become a teammate.

Just hilarious vids! LOL

Hah, Perk dancing is a serious cheer up. Especially for a guy like me, who couldn't make a dancemove to save his life. Plus it shows he's indeed getting better. This is much better than the FIBA summer. Even though they don't actually play yet.

So JR you think Pierce and Tinsley would be cool? Mario Elie and Ainge would've NEVER been...

6. Paul Pierce posted another video from this series of Nate trying to guard Delonte West while wearing Shaq's shoes... pretty funny: http://www.twitvid.com/IIEZ9

Good find Danielle.

8. I don't like the direction this tom-foolery is going. The 2009 Cavs had a lot of fun, how did that play out?

9. Sarah says:

Such hilarious vids, loved Nate dunking on Shaq and the Perk and Shaq video was great. It's nice to see them having fun and getting along with each other.

First time ever Norman Dale actually writes post expressing something?

Oh Norman *rolls eyes*

12. If it was all fun and games that would be one thing, but word out of camp has been that when it's time to practice they are deadly serious. I imagine after going at each other hard, the pranks and playing are a nice release.

This is unprecedented Norman- the second thing in a week you've said that I kind of hear you on (the first thing regarding those new uniforms is they're awful).

As for this, I suppose I just hope it's a preseason sort of thing. For all we know this kind of stuff might have happened in Rome back in 2007-08.

One thing's for sure this Celtics team is deep.

14. A-Mac says:

Glad to see Perk's knee is feeling good enough to do the Houston!

15. Having trouble watching some of the vids, but the Shaq/KG on Nate picture is priceless. Make sure it appears in the "WTHHT Nate Robinson" in the future.

16. I think this kind of stuff is a good sign for team chemistry. I'm looking forward to this year. If healthy they will be better than last year. Shaq is freaking huge.

Lol Gerald. TB better bookmark it. Also, someone should hook Nate up with a better video camera. These videos are priceless.