How do you say "The Celtics retire
too many numbers" in Turkish?
ESPN Boston
"I really liked what I saw," said Ainge. "I thought Semih played with great energy and confidence."

"Semih's a player," said Ainge. "He plays hard, he plays with energy. He definitely made a handful of nice passes."
Sweet now trade Erden while his value is the highest it will ever be. Just kidding, well only sort of. Maybe he will become more than a fringe NBA player, but to be honest I'm thinking championship in 2011 right now and Erden shouldn't figure in that equation highly.

JR 9/19/2010 04:01:00 PM Edit

I think Erden will be Gortat 2.0 in a couple years so I think he'll be a solid contributor in the future. He has Shaq, JO and even Perk to learn from. I like what I saw.

Hilarious caption. Can't wait for my WTHHT him in 10 years.

Its to bad he will not make the team. no minutes and room for him.

4. boncul says:

I am Turkish who moved to Boston, but watched Semih many times (both in Fenerbahce and in national team). I think Semih will be a project. If Celtics has some patience, he can deliver. I am mean this guy is extremely agile for his height. But as you said Celtics do retire too many numbers, so we will see. By the ways, in Turkish, you would say: "Celtics bircok oyuncuyu gozden cikariyor"

Thank you boncul for the scouting report as well as the translation. Great stuff! :)

6. John says:

Paul Pierce needs to have much better players to sub for Paul, every now and then, and this should be the major topic of discussion. The Celtics have a ton of Centers, already.

i personally watched semih while he was playing for Fnerbah├že.i can easily say that he will be beneficial for Celtics since he is too fierce and talented.he just needs time to adapt and needs to be tought well then he will be just finee:):)