ACF 7/29/2010 07:06:00 PM Edit

Should have taken Patty Mills, young and plenty of upside. He would be cheap as well.

Can we still trade for rudy? Im anxious to get someone very good off our bench and is contract is only 1 mil

Ehh, sort of disappointed, I'd rather have had Delonte West than Wafer. But I suppose it's better to have Wafer than no one. He can shoot too, unlike Tony Allen.

He seems to be an ideal candidate for a WTHHT in the future lol

as an aussie, i would have loved patty mills in green

Thanks ACF for breaking this on here.

I was very surprised to see this signing and though for what I've seen he is a very nice offensive player, I was disappointed because I thought the Rudy deal would no longer happen. But after thinking more into it, I've realised this may be a mastermind move by Ainge. According to some reports in a blazers blog and around the web, Portland may have asked for two 1st rounders in a deal for Rudy and that may have caused some doubts in Ainge. If this is indeed true, then this is a safe signing in case the Rudy deal doesn't finally happen and more importantly it's a counter attack move by the C's to push the Blazers to lower their trade demands...

What was rumored was Przybilla and Rudy for 2 1sts plus maybe Lafayette and Gaffney.

This may also be a way to secure some roster spot in case a deal happens with Portland and also with Cleveland for Shaq. We'll see but this is getting interesting ;)

BTW, welcome to Boston, Vakeaton Quamar!

Just in case, this is the link to the blazers blog:

Let's get Rudy!!!!!

We're getting too many young immature kids. Big Baby, Nate, & now Wafer. Hopefully he can provide a scoring punch off the bench on nights when Ray or Paul is off and when Nate is just too much of a liability. I would have preferred Rashad McCants though if we were going with shooter over defense. Wish we would have waited a little bit longer for Delonte though. We really can't afford a player of his caliber to end up on the Lakers, Magic, or Heat.

He's a hot head. Hell I'd prefer Matt Janning over this guy. Not like Wafer has tons of experience.

10. Jeannot says:

As of now, I dont really know him. But when I read the comments, its a bad thing. But, there were alot of questions with nate too, and if he did not win game 6 for us he def helped ALOT. Look at the nate robinson in Knicks and in celtics. Thats a huge difference.

I'm surprised how many fans are unhappy about this signing. I was very impressed with his play in the conference semis vs the Lakers in 09. He's proved he can play under the bright lights and should provide some scoring punch off the bench. He also has the size and athleticism to fit in defensively. It's for only the VM and shouldn't affect our ability to trade for Rudy either. I don't think Rudy would like his role though if he's complaining about played behind Brandon Roy. That could end up being bad for team chemistry if you can't get him to buy in. Clearly he's not happy on the bench in Portland so I doubt he'd be happy doing the same in Boston.