I am Lebron's kryptonite
Boston Globe
The Celtics have been seeking a tough-minded defender to replace Tony Allen, now that he signed with the Memphis Grizzlies. And according to a source, their interest could spread to former Celtic Delonte West, who is expected to be waived by the Minnesota Timberwolves after the club acquired him in a trade with the Cleveland Cavaliers Monday.

West, whose full contract is not guaranteed if waived by Aug. 5, could be the moderately priced defender the Celtics seek, but of course, he would come with a plethora of issues. West pleaded guilty to weapons charges in a strange case where he was caught carrying three guns while on a motorcycle in his native Maryland last year. He received eight months of home detention but the judge ruled he would be allowed to travel with his NBA team.
I'd be all for the return of Delonte to Boston. He has legitimate 6 or 7 man skills. Yes he has his issues, but when you're talking vet minimum you're not going to get a player of his caliber if he doesn't have some baggage.

I'm guessing Pierce would approve of Delonte's return.

JR 7/27/2010 05:19:00 PM Edit

No thanks!

If he becomes available why not? Who else is out there. Only other free agents that interest me are Rashad McCants and Larry Hughes. Ray better tell his mom to stay at home though!

3. ACF says:

Let's go get him.

4. ThomasJ says:

I don't see him as a piece needed to make another championship run. Nate and the rookie are back up pgs and he isn't that versatile.

Do we just want to bring him, House, and any ex Celt back in a rush to mediocrity?

Hell the Wolves will probably part with Telfair, too.

Every roster spot needs to serve a purpose.

Thomas, I think Delonte would be a better backup 2 guard that anyone we have on our roster. And truth be told probably a better backup pg than Nate. Options are slim right now. We can't just have Marquis as the only backup small forward and shooting guard.

Delonte is a nut but he's played with Lebron and he's also played for us so he can help. Delonte had alot of success playing against us last year. He's not as strong as of a defender as Tony was but what he lacks in defense he makes up for it with his solid offense. He's one of the best mid ranged shooters in the league. Delonte needs guidance and Doc, KG, & Ray can help him revive his career.

If we sign him we should trade Sheed's contract for Vladimir Radmanovic who is a threat from downtown and I think we're poised to make another championship run.

Rondo/Nate/Bradley
    Ray/Delonte
    Pierce/Marquis
    KG/BBD/Radmanovic
    J. O'neal/Perk/Erden

Radmanovic is a bum!

9. ThomasJ says:

JR, I was just saying for this team every roster spot has to count. I agree that Delonte would fit as a back up 2 but I'm just concerned that Danny and Wyc aren't making any big aggressive moves needed to contend next season.

What is this love for Vlad Rad? Yes he can shoot and last time I watched that was it.

I'd like to see a deal for Battier.

He was the starting 2 guard on a team that won 66 games in the regular season in 2009; tough to argue with those results.

I don't think he should be a starter but his ability to play back up point and 2 guard would be nice to have. I think he's better than Nate Robinson and the rookie Bradley. I actually would be onboard with this, despite his bipolar troubles.

this is an old video

sign him up Danny!!!

omg please no.. that perv might bang rayray's mom

Wait, Lebron's mom moving to Boston too??

Well, I liked Delonte a lot when he was in Boston and he would be a very good player coming from the bench. I still hope we can get Rudy, though.

In any case, it may seem Danny would be waiting for this to happen since we still haven't signed a shooter. Maybe he was waiting to see what happened with West at Cleveland and hopefully also Rudy at Portland.

what better way is there to get in Lamebrons head LOL