In the process of surrounding their core with a solid second unit, the Celtics had discussions about bringing Eddie House back to Boston. House, whose shooting streaks helped the Celtics win the title in 2008, was shipped to New York at the trade deadline last February in a deal for Nate Robinson.

“It’s something [Celtics president] Danny [Ainge] and I have discussed,” House's agent Mark Bartelstein said. “But nothing’s imminent.”
Not exactly sure how House would fit on a second unit with Nate Robinson, but if the C's do in fact sign Eddie for the vet minimum I definitely wouldn't be upset. He had an off year, but he's not that old to say he's washed up or anything.

JR 7/26/2010 05:34:00 PM Edit

1. Seems to me that Eddie and Nate fill the same purpose. A pseudo pg and scorer off the bench. I'd say with Nate's signing it greatly lowers the probability of bringing Eddie back.

I'm guessing Eddie would be backup 2 guard insurance if/when Marquis got injured. I'm hoping the rookie Avery Bradley will actually get a shot to get some minutes.

Regarding this rumor, my guess is that Danny has some other greater sights he's after, but Eddie would be a fall back plan.

I love Eddie and I want him back. But thats the least of our priorities, 3 Point Guards ( Only Position You Really Need 3 People For). SG- Ray Allen, Marquis, SF- Paul, Marquis ( Maybe even Harangody I think thats an appropriate position instead of PF) but just needs to work on his D which wont be too hard in training camp. Pf- KG, Bigbaby, Harangody?
    C-perk,jo, Sehmi Erden

I'm interest to know the average height of C's roster?

Time to move on not looking back.

i want rudy fernandes

I hated on nate all year till he did something caus loved eddie think it was a mistake to trade him we need that HOUSE FIRE off the bench nate didn't win a fuckin ring Eddie was the man BRING BACK EDDIE

8. ThomasJ says:

I always liked Eddie, but he is one dimensional -a shooter. We need someone more athletic off the bench, especially with the departure of TA.

9. ThomasJ says:

Adding Eddie to the current roster would be a safe, fan friendly move but wouldn't be what we need to get by teams like LA, Miami, Orlando and even Chicago.

HE HAD AN OFF YEAR ? WELL, LOOK WHO HE PLAYED FOR. GREAT MOVE BRING HIM BACK. NEVER SHOULD HAVE LET HIM GO. EVERYTIME HE COMES IN, HE GIVES THE TEAM A LIFT, WHICH THEY COULD HAVE USED AGAINST THE LAKERS. DO IT DO IT DANNY

THEY SHOULD GET RID OF TONY ALLEN

12. Conquistador says:

I think House is awesome, and as a fan I love seeing him play, but as a fan who also likes to win rings, I don't think he is necessary. I'm a weird fan though I guess. Last season was probably my favorite season ever- Perhaps more so than 08, because my all time favorite player (Sheed) was on the Cs, something I never thought would happen.