Aren't you glad we kept Ray Allen? Ray put on one of the most spectacular first half shooting performances in Finals history leading the Celtics to victory 103-94. His 8 threes in the game( 7 in the first half alone) were an NBA finals record. This for a guy that was supposedly washed up at the All Star break. Rondo was equally important, recording yet another triple double with 19 points 12 rebounds and 10 assists.  This guy has to be inch for inch the greatest rebounder of all time. I've never seen a 6'1 guard outrebound 7 footers. Simply amazing and I hope the whole nation realizes this.

Pierce's game might not look good in the box score, but he was as important as Allen or Rondo with his play on the defensive end. I have been hard on him with his late game decision making, but the guy D's it up against the best in the business every night and simply gets it done. Garnett looked awful tonight, but played decent down the stretch. He's going to need to play better for us to win the series. Gasol has been owning him thus far. Chris Wallace is now up with T.O and Kobe Bryant in my least favorite people I have never met list.

For the Lakers, Bynum was a beast with 21 points and about 6 dunks. If that guy ever learns how to put it together for a full 48 minutes watch out. Odom was a non-factor which shouldn't be surprising at this point. The guy still prefers gummy worms over basketball. Kobe had a decent game, but the Celtics did a great job on him defensively holding him to 21 points. The Celtics continue to make the 2nd or 3rd options for teams look stupid. First it was Jermaine O' Neal, then Jamison, then Rashard Lewis, and now Artest.  I really hope the Lakers keep going to Artest offensively cause that guy just can't make shots.

Some unsung heroes for the game were per usual Glen Davis. Sure, he gets his shot blocked about 97% of the time, but the guy is a difference maker every game. Nate Robinson, in limited duty, played as well as you could possibly expect.  He hit a huge three and did not allow the lead to get any bigger in his time out on the court. Rasheed continues to step up in the playoffs. He played great D, rebounded, and should probably be on the floor in crunch time the rest of the series. I also loved Perk's rebounding and defense. It's too bad the NBA calls everything a foul cause he'd be the defensive player of the year if they let them play.

This was all about Ray though. Even if you aren't a Celtics fan you have to respect this guy. He is the definition of a professional athlete. He just goes out and plays the right way. Not to mention the fact that he has the sweetest jumper in the world.

What a huge win by the Celtics. If they had lost this game the series would be over.  Now it's anybody's game. Let's not kid ourselves and think we are going to sweep them in Boston. I would be very surprised(and elated) if we did, but I expect this to go back to L.A. The only question is will it be 3-2 Boston or 3-2 L.A At any rate, what a hell of a game to watch. Even if you had nothing invested in the game it was just great theatre.  I'm not sure my heart can take many more of these so please make the rest of these games blow out Celtic wins. BEAT L.A!

Karl Dillinger 6/06/2010 11:31:00 PM Edit

1. Mike Housman says:

About half-way through this season all ESPN could talk about was how over the hill Ray Allen was and how much he needed to be traded to make an move in the playoffs! People just don't realize how amazing of a player Ray is and how quickly he can make an impact on the court! Honestly he can play for another 4 years ATLEAST with that quick release on his jump shot.

I tried to go to sleep right after the game (5.30am here) and I notice how a vein on my neck was crazy, the beating in my heart was faster than ever...and I have to get up in 2 hours for work...I think I've never suffered so much during a game than tonight, really. Great game, great fight, awesome Ray and Rondo, superb Pierce defensively... we are 1-1 baby, 3 more for the ring, we are alive

Whistling Phil's post game press conference was obnoxious, complaining about the refs to no end.

He should be fined everytime he mentions them.

The foul discrepancy was disgusting and Bynum gets 4-5 seconds in the paint on EVERY offensive play. This should've been a 20 point win, this was one of the poorest officiated games I've seen in awhile and the Flakers got more calls than they should've.

Hahaha, JR is a prophet! With his (i hope it was his) tweet "CelticsLife I'm having this feeling that @greenRAYn20 is going to score 25+ tonight."
    I hope the feeling stays for the rest of the series.

I had a tough time going to sleep after this game last night too. It was great theatre!

6. Three Toe says:

WOOO!! This is what I meant when I said Ray Allen is too important to pick up insane amounts of fouls... though I never expected a finals record. Amazing shooting, Ray!

7. @tb What the hell is Phil talking about? His team MADE 31 free throws compared to the 26 Boston even attempted. The Lakers made less field goals (29) than free throws.

8. Karl says:

I think maybe one of Kobe's fouls wasn't legit but I mean how many fouls has he not been called for in his career like 2 million? Celtics outplayed the Lakers and deserved to win.

9. Three Toe says:

I think Phil had a right to complain about a few calls, but there were calls against us that were incorrect. Davis's block comes to mind. Pau just pushing Perk out of bounds and to the ground should have been a tech, according to the rules. A few soft calls or non-fouls in the post.

People are saying this was one of the most poorly-officiated games in a while, maybe I was just drinking too much to notice, but it don't think so.

3-2 Fakers going back to L.A.?? Are you insane? If we go 3-2 Fakers back to L.A. we are done. I say we HAVE to have at least 2 wins in Boston and the series is ours.

Mike- he complained about Bean's fouls, saying Derek Anal Fisher couldn't defend Ray the way he should have been able to, and one of the offensive fouls on Bynum.

That Perkins foul on Bean was atrocious. I specifically watched Bynum on 2 different offensive trips, paying only attention to him, and he was in the key for 4 and 5 seconds.

Andrew Bynum gets 12 foul shots? Who is he Kevin Fucking Durant lol?

I am glad you made the point the KG is going to need to play better for us to win the series. He hasn't played well yet.

13. ThomasJ says:

tb glad you made the point about Bynum in the lane. I replayed it at different times and he was in there 5-7 seconds on a regular basis.

It's just karma with bean, he gets so many non fouls called, like that double clutch three point play in the 4th where the foul was called on Ray and there was absolutely no contact.

Thomas it is OUT OF CONTROL with Bynum! I don't doubt it's as long as 7 seconds on some plays. Will it ever stop? If Doc was as classless as Whistling Phil, I'd expect it to hear it in the post game press conference. Hopefully he's made the refs aware of it on the sideline.

And Bean deserves NO calls- with all the bitching he does. Without fail, if a play doesn't go his way, he bitches. People can say what they want about LeBron, but he's not NEARLY as bad as Bean in complaining to the refs. In fact no one is.

15. ThomasJ says:

OK maybe not on a regular basis but, even though the rule is not enforced strictly, getting in that 5-7 second range should be obvious enough.