Mark Murphy in today's Boston Herald graded the Celtics players (and Doc) on their postseason performances. Some of his grades I can agree with, but some are just wrong. Remember this is for the entire postseason and not just the Finals. The statistically historical defense by KG the first three rounds should have prevented him from getting a "C" and Shelden Williams getting an "F" while the rest of the end of the bench received "incompletes"seemed odd. Also I make writing mistakes like nobody's business, but "Oliver LaPierre?" Really? I'm going to have to think about what my grades will be and I'll post them later in the comments. Feel free to post your grades in the comments as well.

Boston Herald Grades:
PAUL PIERCE (18.8 ppg, .438 FG, 3.4 apg, 6.0 rpg) -- B
RAY ALLEN (16.1 ppg, .431 FG, .386 3-pt. playoff averages) – B-minus
KEVIN GARNETT (15.0 ppg, 7.4 rpg, .495 FG) – C
RAJON RONDO (15.8 ppg, 9.3 apg, 5.6 rpg) – B-plus
KENDRICK PERKINS (.510 FG, 5.7 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.4 bpg) – B
TONY ALLEN (1.0 spg, .480 FG, 5.1 ppg) – B
GLEN DAVIS (7.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.6 orpg, .476 FG) – B
NATE ROBINSON (4.2 ppg, .333 3-pt, .375 FG) – C
RASHEED WALLACE (6.1 ppg, .416 FG, .345 3-pt) – B
SHELDEN WILLIAMS (1.6 ppg, 7:08 mpg, .8 TO) – F
DOC RIVERS - A
INCOMPLETE -- Marquis Daniels, Michael Finley, Brian Scalabrine, Tony Gaffney, Oliver LaPierre.

JR 6/20/2010 08:40:00 AM Edit

C FOR KG? C'MON!

Yeah I have no idea where that came from.

I agree... C for KG is very wrong as it is just B for Perkins... He is so underrated. We lost hundreds of offensive rebounds from lakers in game 7... What if he was injured with cleaveland or even worst orlando..?

Rondo should definitely be topping the charts, but way too harsh on the rest of the team. i guess if you make the b+ an a+, then they seem to be more accurate, except for KG. he should be at least tied with perkins, if not above. he may not have done the best in the playoffs/ finals, but he kept the team alive all year, especially with his hook ups w/ rondo. great season celtics!

I'd bump Rondo up to an A- and KG up to a B, Nate maybe down to a C-
    Again not fair to give Shelden an F while Marquis and Finley get incompletes. Based on the entire playoffs, 'Sheed might go down to a B- as well.

Not really Doc's fault with the Perk injury or the 21-6 LA FT advantage in the Game 7 4th quarter, but if the C's had held on to that game, he would have gotten an A+ I honestly believe Doc's coaching more than anything got us this far and in a league where stars carry teams in thius day and age its even more remarkable. He inspired this team like no other coach I've seen in my lifetime.

unfortunately, I think it's time for Ray to go. He's too inconsistant, and that kills me to say that, because he is and always has been my favorite. He has class. More than I can say for most basketball players, and his heart is there for the team. I wish he could play more consistantly, but I found myself yelling at the tv the last few games, "OMG, dont't give it to Ray!" And how many turnovers did he cause those last few games? It was horrible, although he did a great job covering Kobe. But then again I think Tony did an even better job at that than Ray did, (but Tony can't shoot). So what do you do? As far as the Grades, I actually like Sheed better than Perk, because he can shoot, although I think we would have won if we had Perk in there for the height and rebounds. The key to winning the Lakers was rebounds; and we didn't get them. KG for post season, B- because he was almost a non entity for alot of the Orlando series, but finally picked it back up with the Lakers.

7. Bailey says:

Outside of the grades, what kind of a professional journalist can't get a player's name right. LaPierre? That's not even a typo, it's just wrong.

KG and Rondo deserves better grades.

9. jena says:

Yes indeed KG, Rajon, and Rasheed need to be changed. KG and Rajon deserve better. Rasheed should get F's for shooting three's period! Paul Pierce I would give a B-Minus. Glen should not be rated above KG or Rajon. I can't believe he gave KG a C..Hater!

Just a random question,
    do you think rondo's role was to guard gasol? my friend told me it was and i absolutely disagree and i wanted to hear your opinion.

11. xxcelticsfan1xx says:

Marquis Daniels-F+ plus
    Michael Finley-IMCOMPLETE
    Brian Scalabrine-D+ plus
    Tony Gaffney-NOT DRESSED IMCOMPLETE
    Oliver Lafayette-NOT DRESSED IMCOMPLETE

12. RoswellSounds says:

Garnett, being a fundamental piece in a team that beats the best records in the league and goes to play a game 7 in the NBA finals, gets a C?? Absurd, not to say stupid...

And Ray Allen... It doesn´t matter if he misses sixty shots in a row. He is RAY ALLEN! Keep feeding his hands, until the end of the universe.