He got fouled off a rebound and only made one of two free throws, putting Utah up 3 instead of 4 in a crucial late game situation.  Then he missed a tip in at the buzzer that would've won the game, pretty much the exact same tip in that Gasol made to beat the Thunder in Game 6.  Thanks Wes Matthews for ruining my night, and  for pretty much guaranteeing the Flakers a sweep in this series. (Why Sloan had Matthews in down the stretch  over CJ Miles is beyond me.  I understand Miles had 5 fouls but when your season's on the line the better player should be in there with  under 2 minutes to go).

I fully expect the Flakers to sweep Utah and then if they play Phoenix to sweep them too.  Unless the Spurs can win 4 straight.  Thanks again to the Buffoon for gift-wrapping Gasol to them for nothing.  In case you forgot the 2005, 06 and 07 Flakers missed the playoffs, and got knocked out in round one twice.

Lastly hope everyone enjoyed Tirico's extra-slobbering over the Flakers tonight.  Is he employed by lal?  I thought you're supposed to be unbiased in your opinion, you scandalous, Orangeman dipshit.

tb727 5/08/2010 11:02:00 PM Edit

No mention of Wes's dad? lol.

Lakers aren't sweeping the Suns. They'll be the favorites (as they would be against any Western Conference team), but no sweep. For some reason, players don't get old in Phoenix. Rasheed would be averaging 15 and 7 on the Suns right now. lol.

And the people who claim that Wallace knew Marc Gasol would be this good are the same fools who say that Danny knew that Brandon Roy was that much better than Telfair, but made the trade b/c he envisioned KG a year later. Like the Wolves wouldn't have taken the reigning R.O.Y?

Yeah I'm sure Admunson and Frye will do wonders in dealing with Gasol and Bynum. Same with Dudley. And best of all they have a coach who proclaimed "no one will beat them 4 times this year." Give me a break.

The only chance of the Flakers not winning it all resides on who comes out of the East. Western team won in 2003. Eastern team in 2004. Western team in 2005. Eastern team in 2006. Western team in 2007. Eastern team in 2008. Western team in 2009. Gotta be an Eastern team in 2010...

3. Pat Deez Nutz says:

Mathews iz a b!tch

4. Keith Peckerhead says:

Tirico was extra-annoying tonight, I agree

Like I said I see the Lakers beating the Suns. While the Lakers bigs will pose problems for the Suns bigs, I also see the Lakers having a very hard time defending the Suns offense and some of the matchups.

The Gentry quote is ironic, because last year's WCF opponent for the Lakers, the Nuggets, you'll recall that their owner scheduled a pro wrestling event in their arena during that time period. Nuggets could have totally taken that series too (especially if they had kept Camby).

If the Suns get swept by the Lakers, I will write a nice column on Rasheed Wallace.

6. ThomasJ says:

The Suns could possibly push it to 6 or 7, but make no mistake LA will be in the finals.

People need to stop tripping about how great the west is, the west is deeper with very good teams, but there is only really one relatively great, contending team.

The east, however, has more crappy teams but also 3 of the best 4 in the league - very top heavy. LA would have to play at higher level to get out of the east.

The only chance I see for the Suns is playing Nash and Richardson on superspeed the whole series. Fisher can't guard Nash, everybody knows that.