LA Times

Two years ago, he fell during the Finals against the Lakers and went off in a wheelchair. An actual wheelchair! Five minutes later, he was dropping three-pointers all over TD Banknorth Garden. He actually came back into the game with the music from "Rocky" blaring over the public-address system. Yo, Paulie, that was such a bad con job, Sylvester Stallone is a better actor than your are.

By the way, Pierce's idea of a fun night is going clubbing and getting stabbed. Good times!
This was written earlier today by Ted Green (never heard of him) and the LA Times has since taken down the offensive quote. What are your thoughts?

JR 5/31/2010 03:04:00 PM Edit

I added a comment about this earlier before you posted this. See my comment under "Recent Comments".

I blame Adande or Plaschke for this. But mostly Adande. No, I mean mostly Plaschke.

Die LA Times

I'd like to see this guy "Ted " try to do anything after he gets stabbed multiple times. Let alone continue a marvelous and future hall of fame career like Pierce has done.

I just looked up his blog for the heck of it. His newest entry is "A Guide to Hating the Celtics". I wrote a comment to the paper to fire him. Ha,ha.

the LA times are HATERS!! Get over the fact that yall r gonna get ya butt whooped in the finals take it like champs and stop trying to come at Pierce making CORNY JOKES! so shut the hell up!

Funny that his name is Green, actually :P

Keep o hating Ted, it's fuel to our fire. Get ready for another loss. As usual, Lakers fans are far from classy...

7. Karl says:

Totally unprofessional. He almost died from that. This guy needs to be fired ASAP!

1st Anonymous. I saw your earlier comment. Everybody was emailing me about this. I would have given you a shout out, but you posted as "anonymous". lol. Thanks for the info though!

People, don't be afraid to add your names.

Well people already know my opinion. I'm much more into the Go Celtics thing and I'm fine with Beat LA and mocking them when I can. lol. Not really a fan of "hate." Never chanted "Yankees Suck" at Fenway. I'll boo them though. But if you are negative person, this was still way overboard. And their sudo retraction wasn't so great imo either.

Beat L.A ,Paul

Lol Bohemian. Deep down inside he was to be a Celtics fan with that name. ;) It's like if my last name was Purple. Ha.

11. EvZilla says:

When someone's THIS worked up it means ONE thing: INSECURITY. He knows we're the better team and he also knows we're tougher, more focused and battle-tested. All the things the Lakers lack. TEAMS win championships, not stars, not talent and certainly not confidence alone. We're 9-2 against them for a reason. They hate us b/c they cannot beat us and that's the biggest compliment they can pay. Go C's!!!!♣♣♣♣

Well said EvZilla

13. rondo-is-love says:

I actually saw this thing around the time it first got posted... I thought maybe I was overreacting a bit to the Pierce joke because of my own personal experiences (not that I'd ever been stabbed or anything). I tend to be quite sensitive when people make jokes regarding somebody's life. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way though.

My thoughts on it? The article itself was so poorly written that I really don't believe this went through the editor. Come on, he originally had the wrong number listed for KG. He joked on Ray Allen's mother (what is this, high school?), he made fat jokes about Baby, and called Rondo an 8-year-old (which I found amusing simply because Rondo's gonna be running circles around LA very soon; how embarrassing, an 8-year-old running circles around the second best franchise in the NBA). I can't imagine what sort of damage it would do if everybody in the world was a fan of sports. Ted Green is VERY lucky that he's just an unknown sports columnist. Having hatred for your team's biggest rival is one thing... but to joke on an incident where someone's life was almost taken? That's absolutely despicable and it utterly disgraces the entire NBA fanbase (the Lakers' fanbase in particular).

In all honesty, if I had any control over this situation, I would make this Ted Green asshole come to Game 1 of the Finals at the Staples Center and kneel before all the LA (bandwagon) fans in front of Paul Pierce & his family and apologize, not only to Pierce & family, but to everyone and anyone who's ever had a loved one stabbed to death.

But of course, I know I'd be taking it a bit far by doing so, but people who had never experienced such unfortunate fate don't understand the impact the death of a loved one has on a person. Everyone who had the displeasure of reading such trash deserves an apology from Ted Green on his knees on national television. That's how bad it was.

14. louie says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  15. bostonlou says:

you don't see anyone saying that Kobe's idea of a good time is raping a housekeeper do you?

oh wait......

;)

16. LA Times???? Really????? This moron sounds more like he should be writing for The Enquirer or some other garbage rag. I can't believe that the LA Times would even publish such a piece of trash. I personally think that the editor and Ted Green should be fired!!! That's just piss poor journalism if you ask me! I totally agree with rondo-is-love, watching them have to apologize on national television would be a great punishment for those idiots and I think their publisher should be right there with them!!!!!

you idiot how would you feel if someone stabbed you punk, get your mind right clown!!!!!

18. Ollie Olivenza says:

Lakers idea of a fun night is having the Boston fans throwing rocks at their bus after they got beaten by the Celtics! Can the Globe or the Herald publish this? Nah! I dont think so. Boston media has more class than that piece of trash they call the LA Times.

That was actually pretty funny Ollie.

nice one rondo-is-love

This is why we should beat the flakers on finals!