Very premature talk I know, but with Chris Bosh making waves on twitter, it is an interesting topic to consider (especially while the C's are on a little Spring Break between Games 2 and 3). Bosh is the most likely big time free agent to switch teams. First he asked his twitter followers where he should go? Then yesterday he switched his location from Toronto to "Everywhere." I expect his next move to be changing his location to "Anywhere, but Toronto." The Celtics don't have the cap space to sign any decent free agent let alone a max guy. Lebron and Wade aren't coming here. That leaves Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh as sign and trade possibilities. The Celtics have only four legitimate trade-able assets to bargain with in a sign and trade deal (Toronto and Bosh both are looking for a sign and trade; Bosh to make more money and Toronto to at least get something). Those assets are Rondo (not going anywhere), the 19 pick, Ray in a sign and trade. and Kendrick Perkins.

Now I'm one of Kendrick's biggest supporters. His defense is very underrated and while a faulty stat there's a reason he often leads the Celtics in +/-  But to get something you have to give something and the chance to partner the 26 year old Bosh with Rajon Rondo needs to be explored. The rumor we've heard for a few months now is a sign and trade of Bosh to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum. Personally I think Perkins is in the same caliber of young centers as Bynum and with Ray as a kicker, the Celtics deal should win out. The Raptors would get their tough center to pair with Bargnani and get a starting shooting guard in Ray Allen.

KG would switch over to the center spot (most power forwards eventually become centers when they lose a step) and Bosh would play the 4. Celtics could sign a younger shooting guard with the MLE, another athletic player at #19, and consider your Celtics rebuilt (without the 20 year process). Rondo and Bosh would be a terrific duo for many years keeping the Celtics in the NBA elite and when KG and Pierce move on, a third star could be added. Paul, Ray, and KG are all in their mid 30's and on the decline (still very good though). This would be a chance to not make Rondo suffer as the lone star for so many years like Pierce did. So would you want Chris Bosh on the Celtics?

JR 5/06/2010 07:37:00 PM Edit

Perk's defense is "overrated"?

Refresh the screen and WHAM! "Overrated" morphs into "underrated".

You get NOTHING past me haha!

Yeah I hired as a temp today you and Karl's editor. ;)

Talking about the Jesus Shuttlesworth, as Jesus Christ said (in the well known musical at least) "Leave tommorow for tommorow, think about today instead."
    I'm a Ray guy, you all should know that by now and as much as I'd like to add some guy like Bosh (though there was a rumour Houston may be seriously interested in him and I would settle for a guy like LaMarcus Aldridge(as I've mentioned a while ago)), I'd still rather keep Ray. Too bad TLC still rots at C's bench but I guess Danny was too busy coming up with distraction methods and towel tricks to trade him.

5. Bailey says:

Id keep Ray and Perk over Bosh. I think if Boston could go after a lower end guy, like maybe David Lee and retain thier core players it would be better.

Sign Bosh for one year with MLE in exchange to give him a team which would be capable with over 90% to win another Championship and give him max contract of KG or Ray Ray if they retire.

Our Big 4 + Bosh would be incredible good.

Add Bosh, keep Ray and Perk and continue CelticsDynasty.

next season roster for cerltics:
    center - Kevin Garnett
    pforward - Chris Bosh
    sforward - Paul Pierce
    sguard - Ray Allen
    pguard - Rajon Rondo

bench - perkins, nate, glen davis retain and add young players for the rebuilding of this team and step-up when the big 3 is gone.

You said:

"another athletic player rat #19"

What are you secretly hoping the C's can acquire someone like Boozer? He was a rat as I remember it lol...

Don't know what you're saying TB. I don't see "rat." Haha.

10. amyy says:

I agree with Jenda and would rather keep Ray. I would also rather have LaMarcus Aldridge. Sign someone who we have enough money for and not have to trade someone we already have. I wouldn't want 20 years to rebuild this team neither. Have rondo be the star like pierce was is just ridiculous. I want more championships! Although the big 3 is getting old they still have about two more runs in them if they continue to stay healthy. I would love to have Amare Stoudemire but I doubt Boston has enough money for him. Either way I say keep who we have now and go for someone who is within our price range. The only person on the team I would let go is Nate. Boston thought he would give the spark off the bench, be a reserve for Rondo and score but that has not been the case...

Do you remember the rumor with Washington for Butler? apparently (according to some article on the net) it was an expanded 3 team rumor (also with Utah) in which we would have said bye to Ray, Perk and filler and would have welcomed Butler and Boozer... :P We will have some fun this summer with rumors ;)

As for Bosh, he is extremely talented, so obviously if you can make him come here, then go for it! :))

Then again I don't know how does C's cap space look.
    And I'm sorry, I don't think the big three is capable of two more championship runs. Playoffs for sure but rings? Not so sure.

the best 3 pointer in the league and on the team that could close game with a win u will let go think what you all saying how many times for the past games Ray allen was our leading scorer.

14. Karl says:

You bring in Bosh. That's a no brainer. He's a 25 and 11 guy.

15. sonya says:

winning deal for celtics atleast...raptors would need more out of that sign and trade then just allen

16. BleedC's says:

NEVER get rid of Ray Ray, Bosh is good and all but I like if we pick of David Lee. Our squad isn't going anywhere and we already let Powe,E.House, and Posey go so trading Big Perk would be a huge mistake he is a hard worker. PLEASSE FIND A WAY TO TRADE SHEED's SORRY ASS

I agree with BleedC, get rid of Rasheed. He was a great player back in the day, but doesnt have the work ethic that the rest of the celtics have. He just stands around while on the court. Perkins and Rondo both have been with the team since the start of all the new hype surrounding the team. Yes Ronda is a must to keep, he is the future of the team but Ray Allen really hasnt been all that he used to be numbers wise. I wouldnt mind seeing bosh on the bent and not ray.