Theodore was called "Blue" by his sister when he was little because his sister saw him turn that color while choking.  (I suppose it's better than being named Anfernee.)  He was drafted by the Jazz in the first round of the 1989 draft after having a stellar college career at East Carolina University.  Maybe you remember Blue Edwards.

His rookie season for Utah, Blue made the All Rookie 2nd Team, which is the same honor current Celtics Kevin Garnett and Rasheed Wallace attained their rookie season in 1996.  His first 3 years in the league he played with the Jazz alongside Stockton and Malone.  After the 1992 season, he was dealt to Milwaukee along with Eric Murdock for Jay Humphries (some foreshadowing) and Larry Krystokwiak.  His first season with the Bucks he would lead tie the team in scoring, at 16.9 ppg, actually with Frank Brickowski.

When the Celtics acquired Blue along with Derek Strong from the Bucks after the following year for Ed Pinckney, I was psyched, specifically for Edwards.  I sort of thought he could play the Reggie Lewis role for the team at shooting guard.  Basically he was an undersized small forward at 6'4.  My recollection is that his ball handling skills weren't up to par for a guard and for his season in Boston he shot a less than-Rasheed-like 25% on 3's.  He was only in Boston for half a season, dealt for the corpse of Jay Humphries and a 2nd round pick in 1995.  I don't remember specifically why he was moved.  That was the Celtics team that gallantly fell to a far superior Magic team in the first round of the playoffs in 4 games, before the Boston Garden was closed permanently.

Blue would finish out that season with Utah before being plucked by the Vancouver Grizzlies in the expansion draft for the 1996 season.  He'd play for Vancouver for 3 more years, and ended his career with the Heat in 1999.

The most interesting thing regarding Edwards since he was last heard from was his child custody case in Canada.  Here's the gist of it: when Edwards was exiled to play for the Grizzlies he was introduced to Kimberly Van de Perre, a waitress in Burnaby who sometimes served as a tour guide to introduce NBA players to women in that area (Where does one get a job like that?).   Van de Perre and Edwards decided to pursue things between themselves and she gave birth to their son Elijah in June of 1997.

Over the next 2 years there was much back and forth.  First the mother had him.  Then Blue had his actual wife step in and testify to the court of appeals.  Here was that synopsis:

The Appeal Court also dealt with the delicate issue of race, noting that while Elijah was the son of a black man and a white woman, his dark skin colour meant that he would always be perceived as "being black."
The judgment quoted Mrs. Edwards as saying that Ms. Van de Perre "couldn't teach him what it's going to be like to be black, and how he is going to be seen in the world as being black ... And reading books won't help."
It was a view the judges agreed with.
So after this and the kid was living with Blue and his family, the mother somehow was able to appeal again and in 2001 reversed the decision to the original verdict and received full custody of him.  After this Blue stopped visiting and paying child support.

This caused so much drama that Lifetime made a movie about it, called Playing for Keeps (the US title is What Color is Love?).  In it, the actor Roger Cross played Blue Edwards' character, whose name in the movie was changed to Ty Rivers.  Ironically Cross (pictured to the right with his wife in real life) is married to a white woman.  Oh the irony of Lifetime's producers.

I don't think the guy looks a blessed thing like Blue Edwards.  It's too bad it wasn't a story on Eddie House, then this guy could've played him.  Or on Mo Williams so this guy could've played him.

Here's the trailer:

Not to start controversy either but Blue Edwards looks half-white to begin with; his skin color is light.  So couldn't the kid have remained with the mother?  How was Edwards' actual wife able to play the race card saying Elijah needed to know how to grow up black?  That trailer doesn't depict it accurately really either.  In it the Blue Edwards guy is very black, the girl is white and the kid is pretty black.  To the side is a picture of the real Kimberly and Elijah.  To me, Elijah looks half-black and half-white, so I don't see how Edwards' wife could've played that race-card.

Today Edwards is living in his native North Carolina, with his wife, Valerie, and twin daughters Britny and Whitny. He chose Charlotte because it is just hours away from his hometown, and he has plenty of family and friends in the area. Edwards spends the majority of his retired life spending time with his family, coaching basketball and individually training athletes.  Edwards has coached his daughters’ nationally-ranked AAU teams.

Other than coaching, Edwards’ interests range from testing the stock market to reading books.

***Addendum 11/13: I stumbled upon this tweet from Blue which I must say, really annoyed me:

Really Blue?  Your Lakers?  I'm sure the Jazz fans who rooted hard for you back in the day can understand how the hell you became a Laker fan. Pfft.  But wait apparently someone asked him how the hell this happened.  Here's the response:

I suppose it's sort of cool if he was a fan growing up of them and then returned to be a fan.  I'm assuming he wasn't a fan of them while playing in the NBA.  Surely you'd think a person's experience of playing in the league would make them a fan of the team.  I mean imagine if Paul Pierce reverted to being a Lakers fan after retiring?

For a complete list of the "What the Hell Happened To" Series please click here.

tb727 4/05/2010 11:30:00 AM Edit

The resemblance between the kid(d) and the ewok is obvious.

Sorry the child should have been raised with his mother. This was all about saving money . That's a shame!

There is no such school Eastern Carolina

East Carolina University (ECU) is located in Greenville, NC. Known for its Medical School and Education program. Has several professional players in football, Zack Valentins and Terry Long (Pittsburgh Steelers), Robert Jones (Cowboys),Chris Johnson (Titians), Carlester Crumpier Sr.(Bills), Carlester Crupier Jr.(Seahawks&Vikings)and several others.

WOW, this is KIMBERLY VAN DE PERRE, and I wanted to clear the air on one small point... Elijah never lived with his father - he NEVER had custody. It was on paper that an appeal had been won, however, that order was "stayed" and Elijah remained in my custody. You are correct that since the final Supreme Court of Canada order giving me full custody once again, Blue hasnt visited nor paid any child support to his son. Such a shame. He has been living with me his entire life. Id like to say BOOO to the Ewok comparison and HAHA to the comparison to Mike Bibby;s kid, who ironically, used to play with my son. One last note: Roger Cross who played Blue in the movei was a friend of Blues and I have been close to his family for many years prior to the birth of my son as well. He was a PERFECT fit for the role as he knew both of us personally. Have a great day!

MY BAD - your reference was Jason Kidd - not Mike Bibby!

Hi Kimberly- thanks for checking in and for not taking anything I said too seriously. The purpose of these "What the Hell Happened to" articles is to remind fans of these lesser-known guys and try to inform them on what they're up to today. However I tend to write many of them "tongue in cheek." Tone is easily misconstrued through writing so I'm glad you were able to see the facetious side of things.

Also the ewok comparison was just a joke to get people to read and comment. When this article was written our blog was in its infancy stage and we were really trying to stir up conversations to generate traffic and get people to comment. I've retracted that comment since you took it in stride and I certainly don't want it to offend anyone, especially yourself or your son.

Thanks again for reading my article and for informing us of the specifics of the story and for checking out our blog. Most appreciated.

I beg to differ on the not paying any child support - he did for a few years, he did stop which is disgusting, but NEVER paid is incorrect Kimberly, do you forget going to the bank to pick up the cheques?

I find Kimberly's behavior despicable beyond words. I wish the child went to Blue instead of you. I certainly hope you're not out whoring for sports players now that you're a mother!!

It is not fair to call Kimberly any names. She is not and was not despicable. What about the married man who committed adultery? He brokes his covenent with God.
    No matter what, he should have financially supported and continued to support his out-of-wedlock son. How can Blue live in a multi-million dollar home with his wife and daughters but his son does not get the same luxury? Give me a break.

Kimberly: thank you for fighting for what you believed in---against all odds---and winning. Hopefully, your son will grow up to be superstar and take care of his Momma--YOU. All the very best.

It is not fair to call Kimberly any names. She is not and was not despicable. What about the married man who committed adultery? He broke his covenent with God.
    No matter what, he should have financially supported and continue to support his out-of-wedlock son until his son is an adult.

How can Blue live in a multi-million dollar home with his wife and daughters but his son does not get the same luxurious lifestyle? Give me a break.

Kimberly: thank you for fighting for what you believed in---against all odds---and winning. Hopefully, your son will grow up one day to be superstar and take care of his Momma--YOU.

All the very best and GOD BLESS YOLU BOTH.

13. jb says:

Just watched the story on lifetime, Kim keep pressin on, blue should be ashamed, you others making negative comments, don't judge.

I just saw the story on Lifetime and enjoyed the movie. Thought it was well done. Good job LMN. What I would like to comment on is this.

I believe it wrong for Blue to stop support payments and contact with the son. Most may believe it due to bitterness and bad behavior after losing the court case in absence of knowing all the facts. I also commend (correction of typo from original post) Kim fir fighting for what she believed was right and for being a good parent.

While Blue, obviously, displayed bad behavior I having the relationship with Kim, I hold Kim more responsible for this situation for not walking away from a relationship with a married man. Once one, male or female, crosses that boundary they are walking on thin ice. Maybe it will hold up, but what happens if the ice breaks?

JT from Boise

Wow! I mean wow! I've read these post and I must say I'm shocked at the responses.
    1) I applaud Kim for responding however you don't owe any of these people or anyone else an explanation.
    2) To those of you who are critizing Kim, Look in the mirror. I mean really...really. I tell you what, let's hear about all the dirt in your life...then we'll all comment about that!

Kim is a great mom! I knew her during this very hard period of her life and must say I'm proud and very happy to see her son with her. If you ever get the chance to see those two together then you'll truly understand how much she loves her son and would only and always do what's best for him. I got that chance at Disney Land. It was a great time. ;0)

Take care Kim. Ignore these blogs and enjoy your life.

C

Sorry JT from Boise, but It always shows the sexism in society when people hold the "woman" more responsible to uphold a marriage covenant that she did not partake in.

I take offense to your remark: "I hold Kim more responsible for this situation for not walking away from a relationship with a married man. Once one, male or female, crosses that boundary they are walking on thin ice."

The person who breaks their marriage vows, MALE OR FEMALE, is the one most responsible! The person who sleeps with the married person is not guiltless in the situation (and usually they get what is coming to them: either NO real relationship OR they get the guy to leave his wife only to end up in a marriage where they now always have to worry about when he will be with the OTHER woman because he has proven to take marriage so lightly!) but the one who is most responsible is the one who makes a serious legal agreement and makes vows before God and family and then breaks them for a fling!

Nobody can uphold the marriage vows except those who have taken those vows. We say the woman is to blame only because it is a woman. If it were a married lady cheating on her husband with a single man you could bet the house that the same people would still be blaming the woman and not the man.

The most sad part of this real life story is that unlike in the movie, in real life this dad proved he should not get legal custody by not visiting or paying up. Very sad. I hope Elijah knows it is not his fault and that he never did anything wrong to deserve this. Sometimes kids blame themselves when it has nothing to do with them and they grow up feeling like they were not worth while if their bio parents gave up on them.

Glad his mom fought hard for him. :)
    G

Hi, I am from Asia so I have no idea about this matter. I just watched Playing for keeps and wondered how the child now. In the end of the movie, the mom wanted to keep his son relationship with his father's family. Was it the same as real life or it was just added to make the movie good? If it did happen... Did it work out?

Kimberly Van De Perre here...
    Thank you so much to all of your who defend me. (especially YOU C) To all of you "haters" who have nothing nice to say, Its amazing how quick people are to judge. Its a good thing that I have had years to heal, grow, and push forward in my life so that I will not hold ill will toward any of you that are ignorant or misinformed. It is what it is.

As for you:
    "Kimberly, instead of coming here to clear the air on the things that took place some times ago, why don't you tell us how well your son is doing, how much of great job you've done, and what has your half/half son has accomplished. As for the above post, of course you wish for him to be a superstar in order to take of her, isn't that's what she was looking for in the first place. Why don't she works hard to take of herself instead of waiting around for someone else to do it. Golddiggers don't always get paid."

First: My son is incredibly smart and loves to learn. he is very athletic but doesnt show ay interest in persuing sports, other than skateboarding (which is his passion). I have ZERO expectations for my son to support me in ANY way. Ever. I am the parent, and as such, I accept and welcome my responsibility to take care of him - for the rest of his life if need be.
    Second: I am not, nor was I ever a gold digger. I have been taking care of myself since I was 17years old. And am quite proud of the fact that I am an independant woman. I worked no less than three jobs at a time for several years and do work very hard. Although I dont think my son should ever want for anything simply because his father's ego and hatred for me is so huge. This is the simple reason why Blue stopped doing anything to be involved in his son's life - including visits, communication, and of course, financial support. They have all been totally cut off. I didnt even know who Blue was when I met him and he chased after me. I had no idea how much money he made, or anything about the NBA until I learned this info via conversations with a man I fell in love with and the court processes.
    Third: If I misstated the fact that I never received child support EVER, I apologize. Blue DID in fact pay child support while we were in court - I mean he HAD to in order for the courts to even consider his application for custody. Its certainly teling though, that as soon as I won permanent sole custody at the Supreme Court level, he immediately stopped paying his court ordered interim child support. Anyone who ever doubted his reasons for wanting custody should think about that fact, and ask themselves... "Was his fight out of a place of love, or greed for Mr.Edwards?" The answer is obvious. At least to those of you who are not ignorant.

One last statement Id like to make here - I never ever went to court to ask for a permanent order of support. The money that Blue was paying at the time was an "interim" order and is still in effect - so while he is in violation of that order, I have not pressed the issue to date. I hope this shows all of you how little the money matters to me... and how MUCH my son does matter. I HAVE MY PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!

I seen the movie on Lifetime and disagreed with some ofit. I feel both of you were in the wrong and the child should have had the pleasure of you both equally and learning both cultures, not one over the other. The child is bi-racial and should learn both sides of his culture. The first court should have made this very clear and not decide one of you were better than the other since you two were equally to blame. Kimberly, he is your sons father and you should press the issue of making him take care of his responsibilty. He should not be let off the hook for that just so you can prove your point about the money. It's about your sons right to be cared for financially by both of his parents.

I seen the movie on Lifetime and disagreed with some of it. I feel both of you were in the wrong and the child should have had the pleasure of you both equally and learning both cultures, not one over the other. The child is bi-racial and should learn both sides of his culture. The first court should have made this very clear and not decide one of you were better than the other since you two were equally to blame. Kimberly, he is your sons father and you should press the issue of making him take care of his responsibilty. He should not be let off the hook for that just so you can prove your point about the money. It's about your sons right to be cared for financially by both of his parents.

Kimberly I give you kudos.

Just because Blue was an all time star with lots of money does not mean anything when it comes to loving a child. I know how you feel, having lotsa money does not compare to all the love for a child. I too went through a battle where the father so bad wanted my son and lost as Blue did and now wanted nothing to do with him after. To some men it is a control thing. Knowing you have all say over Elijah after winning, will never be something Blue can take, because no matter the money he has, he can no longer control you or Elijah.

But think and be thankful that they did cut ties, I mean what kind of wife/mother can his wife be if she is sitting back right now and not making him pay and help support his child. I am sure she is a good mom herself but to me a women who does not support another women raising a child, uhm not sure how to put it, not cool lol.

No my son is not a racial battle, but that is only skin, its how your raise that child that matters. The way Blue turned out only shows Elijah what his father is really about. Hopefully you will find that perfect guy to accept you and Elijah and show him what a real dad can be like. As the saying goes ~ Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.~ I pray that if you have not already found that someone, that one day you will.

God Bless you both and good luck. ~~~~ Crzy4ccc

Let me clarify something. I am not saying go after him for money as some others have. I have done the same decision as you and let it be when it comes to money. As I said money does not matter only that love that is given to my kids. I support my family on my own too as do so many other moms/fathers. Again good luck and God bless your family ~~~ crzy4ccc

Hey Kim, you probably dont remember me... but I was a student of Salve's and you lived next door to her...I was very young at the time but I remembered you and your beautiful son...I just watched the movie "Playing for keeps" and I connected the dots! I just want to say although the story is not totally accurate... I know you went through a lot. My mom is also a single parent and I know how hard it is...I just want to give you kudos and I hope Elijah is doing well!!! take care
    -Camille

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LOL! The last poster was wrong for that! Also, NOT trying to defend Dr. Blue, however he didn't stay in the league that long and I'm sure he got no more than 500K as a late first round draft pick. I would be willing to bet if he had it, he would send it; but 8K per month "ain't" chump change Ladies and Gentlemen.

Nickalus T. Holt

Hey Kim,
    Need to talk to you if your ok with that. Would love to hear from you and see how your doing. I know things were always ahhh not great but would like to say something.

Thx
    C
    (myname@me.com)

to be more clear....
    (myfirstnamelastname@me.com)

C

Bravo to Kymberly for fighting for your child. I think what's Elijah's father and step-mother put him through was ridiculous and for him to just disappear after you won the court the case makes me question his motivation in seeking the custody case in the first place. For those of you who to call Kymberly names; Blue was the married one; Blue was the one in a committed relationship. If you are calling Kymberly dispicable; what in heavens is the father?

I admire Kim for her battle. I kept thinking of 'David and Goliath'. A mother knows no fear when it comes to fighting for her children.

Blue Edwards........ You and your wife should be ashamed of yourselves. Valerie sounds like a bitter woman who like the song goes "Stand by your man", she would look like a fool for a fool. Ignorant people such as the Edwards is why this world is so screwed up. Stop playing the race card.... If you can not win on your own characteristics than obviously you are not fit to be this little boys parents. It is obvious you were not fighting for your son, you were fighting because your wife wanted to see the woman you had an extra marital affair with suffer.

STAY STRONG KIM! I pray arrears in child support catch up to his sorry ass!

30. Danielle D. says:

Look racism exists. Sexism exists. Agism exists. And though this occured over 10 yrs ago before Obama became President, it truly irked me how negative & archaic the mindset was of Blue and his wife. Their main argument was how they needed to raise Elijah for 'when he's discriminated against (someday).' Way to progress, People. I mean, one of the most incredibly intelligent, influential & successful people in the world is (and was in 2001, as well) Oprah Winfrey. She never allowed the segregation of the South in the 1950's stop her from fulfilling her dreams. I am a white 35 year old woman. I was not raised to see color and I know all people were not lucky enough to be raised this way but this is a new world that anything is possible. I feel sick to my stomach to think about the injustices African-Americans, Jews, Croatians, Japanese (sadly I could keep going here for days) have suffered but you can't change the past, only learn from it.
    It is my very sad but humble opinion, Elijah was raised by a mother than only saw love when she looked at him, not the limitations he will face because of his ethnic history. It is a shame Blue opted out of any involvement after he lost his case. He and his wife have lost out on a son/stepson & worse, they've cheated their daughters from knowing their brother.
    Kim..God Bless you & Elijah. I never watch Lifetime but stumbled upon the movie. I haven't been able to get it out of my head for hours. If you do respond back again, I'd be interested to know what the nice person from Asia asked...if at the end of the movie was true..if you reached out to Blues' wife wanting to continue their presence in his life even though you were awarded sole custody?

Just watched the Lifetime movie...if the previous post is the real "Kim" I would just like to say that your relentlessness to keep your son just proves the bold truth of what a mother will do for her child. Im sure the "real life" story was much more then many could imagine going thru. Also, if your really not collecting on the court ordered child support...1 question, WHY ?? Your son is entitled to every cent of that regardless if the funds are needed or not...you cant force a man (or woman in some cases) to be a loving parent but at the very least they should be held responsible for their financial support.Especially in a case where the absent parent can more then afford it... Just my thoughts, wish u & your son a blessed life!

Being a distant relative of Blue I would love to know ALL of my family. I don't care about the "beef". I don't get into mother and father issues. What wrong or right. Who is wrong or right. Family or not. I would just like to get to know of my family. Elijah should know us as well. I am just reading all the blogs about the issue and finding out about another family member while doing a family tree. May God bless you Ms Kimberly and cousin Elijah. Keep being the mother you are!!! I'm sure your son is grateful. --- DQB

Kimberly Van De Perre speaking....

Thank you to all of you who are posting such positive and supportive messages. I genuinely appreciate them. @Camille, I dont remember you specifically, but I remember all of the sweet kids that came and went from the singing classes next door. Thank you honey. DQB, I am sorry that your family hasnt invited Elijah into your lives... I am sure he would love to have that connection with his other "half". Its such a shame. I really did try to encourage that relationship. As the old saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water... but you cant make him drink." Bless

Thanks again to all you supporters.

Kimberly Van De Perre typing again, I neglected to answer a couple of above questions, Yes... the end of the movie is true. The moment was not exactly like that, but I reached out to encourage them to continue to nurture thier relationship... In the beginning they were grateful for the opportunity, but very quickly became more consumed with thier own lives and saw less and less of Elijah. Elijah hasnt seen his father step mother or sisters in over 6 years. (sidebar... Blue and Valerie have since divorced)

Hey Kimberly I just watched Playing for keeps and your story really touched me. I would love to talk with you some time. I am a single mom of 2 beautiful boys and understand all about the judgements single parents face. It would be nice to talk to someone who truly understands what it is like. greeneyedgal79@google.com

36. Mark Stevens says:

To me, the most heinous person in this case was Mrs. Edwards. Speaking of gold diggers, despite evidece of multiple affairs by her husband, she stood by him. Had he made an an average working man's salary, would she still be with him? More impotantly, how, as a mother could she justify taking a child away from his mother. How dispicable that she would, under any circumstance,think that the child would be better served by anyone other than his mother. I agree with one of the people above who call into question her mitvation for persuing this. Typically, the last thing a woman wants in her home is a constant reminder of herhusband's infidelity. As well, do you not think there would be a blatant difference between how she would treat her own offspring vs some other woman's child. How would that effect the boy long term. Good for you, Kimberly, for fighting for your son.

37. Sam says:

Hey Kimberly, I watched the movie the other day. I was really touched. I am a Naturalized Canadian born in Nepal. I admire you for everything you undertook for your kid. I know there are haters and critics and there always will be no matter what. My suggestion would be to not even get bothered by them. I am sure you already know that as you have been through so much in your life. Everyone makes mistakes when they are young. But it is awesome that you made the priority straight after having a child. It is wonderful to hear that Elijah is doing good. I wish you all the best to you and your son!

I'm watching the movie as we speak I feel that the baby boy deserves what the other children receives. No parent should be told you can't raise your child correct BC of race. I have biracial children im a blk female am I unfit BC they favor their father's side. I am still confused by the fact of how people continue to pull a race card. Pretty soon the whole world be biracial. At the end of the data's mothers we birthed our children and only see them as our babies not their racial backgrounds. Things that we don't knowabout we learn as we go.

Signing out.

Virginia

39. The wasn't a bad ass player as it was. So its hard to say the guy was worth much of anything. I was into basketball in high school when this clown was playing and I collected cards too and when I got this guys card, he went right into the NOBODY box. Anytime I watched him play I thought the guy was fresh out of high school his game just wasn't up to par, let alone his maturity level. I guess adulthood was too shocking for him and instead of looking likw the halfwitted douche bag he was, the next best thing was to make a media circus happen and pretend he was in wonderland and gave a damn. Its sad people use kids as pawns in some cruel charade. I can be a better parent cause I'm black. Well if its a black and white thing let's discuss the continuous perception that black people are presented as those who will commit crimes. I mean he was already a stellar husband. Only thing missing off the resume was a criminal background. Either your a better parent or your not. Its not about race. Maybe I should have my kids cause I'm hispanic and so are they. Get fucking real will you. The logic you presented in court was as worthless as your game blue. Bravo, you managed to turn custody issues and make the "best interest of the child" statement a complete circus. How do you live with yourself. And then you don't see your kid. Your a good man charlie brown. Society should look up to you. Blue edwards if you had the balls I dare you to get here and say something as to why your cool with not even picking up the phone to talk to your son. What you need is to be bashed upside the head with a golf club about 30 or 40 times. I heard your in school for your phd in douche baggery. Aim high buddy. Momma taught you well.

40. Alicia says:

Everyone is to blame. Blue and Kim are to blame for the affair. Kim is to blame for not agreeing to joint custody in the beginning. The wife is to blame (partially) for fighting for custody based on race. Blue is to blame for not taking care of his son. Everyone is to blame.

I would love to see a movie from the wife's point of view. The person who spoke against Blue's wife is wrong and ignorant. It was her choice to stay with her husband just as it was Kim's choice to sleep with someone else's husband and Blue's choice to committ adultery. You all condone Kim for being a strong single mom but not Valerie for being a good mom and wife. Truth is Kim would have stayed with him a lot longer if he didn't stop seeing her. The threat of almost losing her child made her grow up and realize the consequences of her actions.

42. Right ok. Its Kim's fault that blue manipulated her and had her believeing she was his one and only. Let's face the facts, woman as a wholeb are very vulnerable when it comes to emotions. FACT. And men like blue prey on that. FACT. Him and his wife got divorced in the end anyway. She was just as silly to stay with him. There are not very many athletes that are faithful, again..........FACT. And with that being said, they will do and say anything to pump any girl that buys their bs. Ill bet a hundred bucks he told kim, oh yeah me and my wife are having problems its probably gonna end in divorce and that's probably after he finally told her he was married most likely weeks into the affair. Real winner.

Kimberly fell in love with the wrong guy. That happens to the best of us. In return she had to suffer for years. What an ass Blue was. God only knows how many other kids he has. Kimberly you did nothing wrong. Take care of yourself.

Word on the street is he has 9 kids.......those are just the ones he knows of......

45. James says:

Hey Kim I just watched this movie. Both of you where wrong especially him for being married. If he is not paying child support then he's super wrong. I hope this young man is growing up to be a strong your man. I'm sure you love him as most mothers love their children.

What will you tell your son about women that Chase after men for status ? By the way I'm a African American male.

cityguyvt@aol.com
    Hi,I just saw the movie "What Color is Love" about you and your son, and his father. It was so inspiring and enlightening, and really made the viewer think about issues not often discussed. It was a 'learning experience movie' in many ways. Most importantly, that a child deserves the love, care, and bond that only a mother and child can share. Not to say that a father is not important too, but a mother's love is indispensable. I feel badly that the father decided to remove his child from his life all together. That was reprehensible. It is a father's responsibility to support his children, no matter what. What you said to Blue's wife at the end of the movie was appropriate, courageous, and considerate, to the father and most importantly to the child, Eligah. Like you said, with all of you being a family to this child, he can do anything. I hope that someday Blues will realize his mistake by not being in his son's life as a supportive, caring father, no matter what. That's what a father's love is supposed to consist of, and he just threw that away. I think that is what is going to affect Eligah negatively, much more than the argument of dealing with race they were trying to defend in attaining full custody. I really liked this movie and I wish you and Eligah well. He must be about 14 now. I hope he is doing well, and you, his mother also.

Why did you feel the need to say blacks are known as criminals Viktekcivic? That's a racist statement. Maybe you should be getting your phd in douche baggery! You racist prick!

You are a useless pile of horse----! What does that have to do with him owning up to his responsibility to that child? Typical of boys pretending to be men!v:

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

50. You're also an ignorant man!!! She should tell him not to be like his skirt chasing daddy!! By the way; my name is Chriscynthia, and I'm an African American female.

51. He was being sarcastic! You need to comprehend what you read. He didn't mean it as you took it. It amazes me when people read an article and can't comprehend what is being stated. Reading comprehension should really be pushed in school. I understood it and I'm African American! He's not being rascist; but you're being ignorant!

Incredible! I'm really enjoying the layout of your blog. Are you using a
    customized theme or is this freely available to all
    users? If you really don't want to say the name of it out in the
    public, please be sure to
    contact me at: alfonzo_bryan@whale-mail.com. I'd really enjoy to get my
    hands on this template! Many thanks.

Feel free to surf to my web blog: My Site

Kimberly, I'm so glad you love your son enough to fight for him and keep him from a father who apparantly really didn't care about his own child enough to be a man and step up to the plate and be a real father, I.e. pay support and spend time with him. But, your son js better off without a man like this as an example in his life. It's Blue's loss !!!

54. Brenda says:

I'm proud of you, Kim. You sound like a great mom. I'd love to met you and your son. If your love is half as joyful as that shown in the movie, your son's life will never want for anything. Keep looking up. I wish you joy and happiness !!!

55. Brenda says:

Blue might not be making a ton of money, but coaching kids and reading books must pay something, noone lives for free in NC !!!

56. Brenda says:

Kimberly, I would love to talk to you sometime. I applaude you for the positive changes you made in your life and your committment to raise Elijah. I hope you and Elijah are both doing well. nutcaseforyou@aol.com . I loved the movie

Oh my goodness, check your grammar and spelling people.... Good God!

Hi there I am
    so happy I found your webpage, I really found you
    by accident, while I was
    looking on Bing for
    something else, Anyways I am here now and would
    just like to say thanks a lot for a
    remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t
    have time to look over it all at the minute but
    I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I
    have time I will be back to read a
    lot more, Please do keep up the superb jo.

My web page: Please visit my site
    Also see my web page > my Site

I agree 100%! Blue was married, yes it takes two to tango but money was def on your mind! Got what u wanted.

Stupid woman.

61. You go girl you've done great job at raising you're son hun

62. How dare you blame her.most men are weak and cheat. half them don't tell you in a relationship or. if there married as long as they get there cake and eat.

I never understood why women are so determined to get child support. If they other parent doesn't want to be apart of the child's life then that is their life, money won't change that. What about all the single parents maintaining without child support.

Everything Kimberly is saying is true!! If your young and pretty, these guys chase after you!!! I worked at a restaurant where all those players would come in and I constantly got hit on. I was only 18 too and most of them were around 27-28.