I know he's the guy that generates the ratings, but I'd love it if TNT would can Charles Barkley.  The stuff he says is incredibly dumb and he's just a really ignorant guy.  He has no grasp on the English language.  Whereas Kenny Smith and Chris Webber articulately convey their points, this jackass babbles on incoherently, uttering whatever comes off the top of his head, no matter how outrageous it may be.......Do you think guys will start flopping on the offensive end?  Like if the shot clock's running down maybe pretend you got poked in the eye to draw a foul?  Refs will almost always go for that call.......Speaking of refs doesn't anyone else think there should be more than 3 officials per game?  There's 10 guys on the floor which means a minimum of 5 matchups at any given time.  How can they possibly see everything that goes on?.......I've already talked about the stupid comparisons of Bean to MJ.  As for LeBron, instead of dancing like the jackass you are at your opponents' expense, why don't you practice your pathetic free throw shooting?  The guy hasn't cracked 80% yet.......One more point that's great: Michael had 48 40+ point games in the playoffs in 179 games.  Bean?  Has had 10 in 178 games........Watching Derek Fisher defend Russell Westbrook has looked like the hapless wildebeests trying to fend off the lions on the Discovery Channel.  Just no shot, he's a real defensive sieve.......Anyone see the end of the 1st half interview with Sager and Fisher in Game 3 of the Thunder vs lal?  Fisher ended it saying "thanks babe" to Sager.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

tb727 4/24/2010 08:33:00 AM Edit

1. Marylou says:

I hear you, tb. But it is his brashness and outrageousness (if that is a word) that keeps him on TV. Isn't Barkley BFFs with MJ and Tiger Woods when they party in Las Vegas. That tells you something.

2. Come on! Barkley kicks ass! You can't take him too seriously but he is hilarious and adds entertainment value that ESPN only dreams about. Barkley is on TNT to make ppl laugh and bc he adds such great entertainment. You are not supposed to take him too seriously. ESPN has those three goons (JVG, M. Jackson and Breen) who are laughable when trying to be serious bc they are just plain jack-asses.

I think Devin Harris will be all over the 3 Stooges Poked eye routine.

LOL yes I expect Harris to get that started!

I would rather watch Chawles call an entire season of celtics games than listen to Jeff Van Gundy verbally fellate Bean and Queen for five f*cking minutes...

6. Karl says:

Agreed. I like Barkley. Van Gundy is just terrible. TNT cast is better.

7. Marylou says:

I agree with Anonymous and Karl...Shut Jeff Van Gundy Up...I would take Charles over him any day!

8. Bailey says:

I dislike both Barkely and Van Gundy. I wish we could hear Tommy for these games. I can only imagine what he would have had to say about Q-Rich...

9. ThomasJ says:

I would rather have Charles babble incoherently through the whole game than have the Breen, Jackson , Van Gundy team.

I got home late and had the game on dvr so it was great zipping through the dead spots knowing I was missing the stupid chatter. I hate Breen!

10. ThomasJ says:

And regarding your comment about Fisher, here's my new game -

Name a worse starting player on a playoff team than Fisher.

The only names that come to mind for me are Arroyo and Bibby, but Fish still gets the nod.

Haha Thomas I'd personally say Arroyo, Q Rich and Ratliff are the only ones worse than Fisher.

12. ThomasJ says:

Right TB, I forgot Ratliff was starting and gave Q a pass just because he's a taller sieve

I hear ya. You watching this Thunder-Flakers game? Wish we had a game chat going for this! Awesome stuff....

14. ThomasJ says:

Yeah, the Lakers are looking very vulnerable. Not much bench for a team that will have to work hard to get out of the west. Artest for Ariza is looking brilliant.

Even if they get by OKC, there's alot of point guards left to highlight the Fisher liability -
    Williams, Nash, Billups, Parker...even Kidd will look super quick.

I think Dan Dickau could even light Fisher up. Can't say I'm shedding any tears about the Lakers woes. I love the Thunder team on the other hand.

Oh my, Thunder beat the Lakers! hahaha! Ah well, it would be a perfect weekend if we beat Miami today and the Bulls beat the Cavs too :D