So we got about 60 hours until the trade deadline this Thursday at 2 EST. Who's going where? Celticslife trys to sort through the mayhem:
- There's a 3 way deal out there involving Kirk Hinrich going to the Flakers, Vujacic and Ty Thomas going to the Blazers, and Travis Outlaw, Steve Blake (thanks lol), Juwan Howard and the corpse of Adam Morrison going to the Bulls.
- Celticslife Insight: Don't think this will come to fruition because the Blazers don't like the Flakers and won't give them a legit bench player while absorbing Vujabitch's contract.
- Portland's also offered Blake and Outlaw for Marcus Camby.
- Celticslife Insight: Blazers need frontcourt help with Oden and Pryzbilla being done for the year. But they want nothing to do with Sebastian Telfair who the Clippers are trying to include in any Camby deals. This one has legs to it, keep an eye out, especially if the Clippers don't push Rajon Rondo's competitor for starting point guard for the 2007 Celtics.
- Spurs pedalling the son of Roger Mason Sr, who's unhappy with playing time. Spurs are looking to oblige considering the logjam of mediocre two guards they have with Keith Bogans and Michael Finley's corpse.
- Celticslife Insight: My source has told me that Miami's somewhat interested in obtaining Mason, who'd be willing to part with Daequan Cook and a filler to make salaries work.
- Knicks and Rockets working on a deal that'd send Brian Cook, Tracy McGrady and Joey Dorsey to the NY for Jordan Hill (who's shown the potential of Mikki Moore), the corpse of Jarred Jeffries and either Al Harrington or the corpse of Larry Hughes.
- Celticslife Insight: My source has indicated this deal will likely go down if it's Harrington included instead of Hughes. This seems like an awful deal for Houston from the way I see it. Sure McGrady's stock has dropped but a new change of scenery may do him some good. Here's hoping it works out for him as well as Elton Brand in Philly.
- Apparently Phoenix isn't as gung-ho to move Stoudemire to the Cavs (wow have they finally realized JJ Hickson is suddenly the most overrated player in the NBA?).
- Celticslife Insight: My source has indicated Stoudemire will not be dealt by Thursday unless he waves his player option and insists to stay beyond this season. I can see Amare going to Cleveland and realizing how much the state of Ohio sucks before leaving for South Florida and joining Miami, where there's beautiful weather and no state taxes. Keep an eye on this development but you heard it here first: Ferry won't pull the trigger on this unless Stat is there beyond this season.
- The Celtics are still making a push for Nate Robinson but may have to settle for DJ Augustin. The usual suspects are being mentioned: Glen Davis, Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine, JR Giddens.
- Celticslife Insight: It seems the C's are intent on making a deal, and are more likely to settle for something small. I expect one or more of the above players mentioned to be moved by Thursday.